Pilgrim

OM

• The Dao Bums
  • Pip
  • 346 posts
  • Interests:Kriya Yoga, Dao.

Posted Yesterday, 05:00 AM

:D

People are more violently opposed to smoking than to potentially-extinction-level nuclear accidents, endless oil spills killing the oceans and rivers and their live creatures by the billions, and hundreds of thousands of toxic chemicals in our food, water and air because it's so much more satisfying to harass something with a face.  

Also quite a few are more violently opposed to meat eating than to monoculture plant agriculture because meat comes from an animal they can theoretically pet but monoculture plant agriculture kills whole species of animals they can't pet -- from soil-based microorganisms that made the earth fertile and livable, to the Amur leopard, Javan rhinoceros, Northern Sportive lemur, Western Lowland gorilla, Leatherback sea turtle, vaquita and saola (you probably haven't even heard of the last two) with hundreds of thousands of in-between species of birds, insects, fish, and wild plants --

because hypocrisy and voluntary cluelessness make for a better foundation to take a holier-than-thou stance upon.

Oops...  that was a long one line.  Couldn't help myself. 

Dang look at the big brain on her!!! :D

• Taomeow said thanks for this

Mistake is not for mistake. Mistake is for correcting. Is it not so?

#82 Earl Grey

Earl Grey

Duke of Earl and Erl-King in Bloom

• The Dao Bums
  • Pip
  • 303 posts
  • Interests:Martial Arts, Qigong, Photography, Travel, Shamanic and Animistic practices, Mythology, Tea and Incense, Tarot and I-ching Divination, Meditation, Reiki and Pranic Healing, Zhan Zhuang, Mantra, Taoist/Shinto/Vedic practice

Posted Yesterday, 06:19 AM

tumblr_lutyyopR1s1r15gkz.jpg

#83 Earl Grey

Earl Grey

Duke of Earl and Erl-King in Bloom

• The Dao Bums
  • Pip
  • 303 posts
  • Interests:Martial Arts, Qigong, Photography, Travel, Shamanic and Animistic practices, Mythology, Tea and Incense, Tarot and I-ching Divination, Meditation, Reiki and Pranic Healing, Zhan Zhuang, Mantra, Taoist/Shinto/Vedic practice

Posted Yesterday, 06:23 AM

A few years ago, a friend of mine walked in on his girlfriend cheating on him with his buddy.

This was his one-liner, said immediately (and quite loudly) upon entering the bedroom and catching the two of them in the act:

"Damn, he's pretty small."

#84 Kar3n

Kar3n

Dao Bum

• Concierge
  • Pip
  • 1352 posts

Posted Today, 12:19 PM

Both Wisdom and Love are lost in the pursuit of self-righteousness.

ZYD

• thelerner, Taomeow, cheya and 1 other said thanks
Recognize mind has never once had a thought that wasn't your own choice already.
Mindfully choose compassionate thoughts that are a pleasure to experience and the urge to silence thought passes.
With no urges, the need to cling to some thought passes with it.
Unlimited love,
-Bud

#85 Apeiron&Peiron

Apeiron&Peiron

Clueless

• The Dao Bums
  • Pip
  • 1510 posts

Posted Today, 01:51 PM

"Irony, I feel, is a very high form of morality" --Jean Stafford

• Taomeow and Kar3n said thanks for this
"The art of progress is to preserve order amid change and to preserve change amid order"

-A.N. Whitehead

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users