Shad282

Fast way to heal flue?

hey,

Today i woke up, my nose running watery and swallowing isn't that much comfortable and i have thesis defense on monday... so is there a way to heal the flue before the defense? oil ? or such

black seed oil? or dunno any solution?

thank you! 

Cayenne and olive leaf extract works as a relief for me. Also, probiotics promote healthy gut flora which is related to the immune system. I think you mean flu as opposed to flue.

Edited by ralis
  • Like 1

For the sore throat (sounds nuts, but usually works), put a couple drops of (drugstore grade) hydrogen peroxide in each ear, one at a time, and let it bubble. (Suggested by Mercola.com and I've been doing this for years.)

To short circuit the cold/flu?  Fast.  Eat as little as possible, no sweets. Lots of liquids, chicken soup if you must eat.

Supplement with vitamin C and zinc if you're into supps.

Good luck!

PS. Oh yes! And REST!   :) 

Edited by cheya
  • Like 4

-message the zone of nose in reflexology may help

-some chi kung stuff could See moving ying /yang on youtube

-any method that helps you that get it touch with reality (when having flu I noticed I get away from here and now). LIke focusing on your immediate environment or focusing on thing or people you love..

-for me reading dreams... a lot

Edited by centertime
  • Like 1

For the sore throat (sounds nuts, but usually works), put a couple drops of (drugstore grade) hydrogen peroxide in each ear, one at a time, and let it bubble. (Suggested by Mercola.com and I've been doing this for years.)

To short circuit the cold/flu?  Fast.  Eat as little as possible, no sweets. Lots of liquids, chicken soup if you must eat.

Supplement with vitamin C and zinc if you're into supps.

Good luck!

PS. Oh yes! And REST!   :) 

ears? for throat? that is new :o

yeah i don't eat sweets that much, but when i feel hungry i m eating normally, as in to boost the immunity system (no meat).

I m taking soups and vitamin C and sleeping a lot.

Also, i m taking Black seed oil with vitamin C and I m trying the approach of allowing and loving the sickness :P

Also, someone suggested  raw garlic up there... not sure if it is a good idea since will increase my need for water.

Edited by Shad282

The basis behind the hydrogen peroxide in the ears is that apparently some of the bacteria that causes sore throats are actually coming in though our ears, and this treatment nips that in the bud.

Here you go:

Hydrogen Peroxide For Colds and Flu - Mercola

articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2002/.../hydrogen-peroxide-part-one.aspx

Mar 13, 2002 - Placing a few drops of three percent hydrogen peroxideinto each ear is surprisingly an effective treatment for colds and flu.

Also, the more fluids the better. And ginger tea, especially if it tries to get to your lungs.

Hope it's better real soon!

Edited by cheya
  • Like 3

I like to make an intense herbal soup when I'm coming down with something.

Either a veggie base or a chicken base if that's your thing.

If chicken, I boil the bones and simmer for a good 5 hours with some kale, leeks, onions for the simmering, but I strain it down to just broth.

I then add massive amounts of ginger, tumeric, cayenne, rosemary, sage, cilantro and mint and simmer a while longer.

Right toward the end I add even more massive amounts of garlic, though after straining, so that it's basically in there raw.

I also crush a garlic clove first thing in the morning on an empty stomach and eat that with a teaspoon of honey and cinammon, followed by hot lemon tea. 

• Like 3

I'll make small pot of lemon grass tea.  drink half of it, take shower, as hot as I can stand, including letting it run into my mouth and throat.  get out, down more lemon grass, wrap myself in a towel and go to bed. 

Lemon grass seems to heat up the body, as does the towel wrap and bed with extra covers.  The idea is to sweat it out. 

*note not doctor approved but its what I do. 

• Like 3

Hello. I study TCM here and there, can you explain more if your flu is more cold or hot ? Do you feel aversion to cold? or you feel hot?

Firstly use ginger well boiled and simmered till the water becomes "muddy". Add the honey after and drink thru the day. If infection still will be developing then tell me how you feel and I will set proper food so it will come off in 2-3 days :)

• Like 3

Hello. I study TCM here and there, can you explain more if your flu is more cold or hot ? Do you feel aversion to cold? or you feel hot? Firstly use ginger well boiled and simmered till the water becomes "muddy". Add the honey after and drink thru the day. If infection still will be developing then tell me how you feel and I will set proper food so it will come off in 2-3 days :)

Now, it is day 2, my throat sort of healed not feeling anything there.. just not sooo smooth, but nothing at all...i m not feeling Cold, i m feeling hot internally, i don't have fever tho. 

while drinking water, one the water touches my tongue (weather is cold where i live) i feel kind of aversion from my body.

I don't think i will use honey, since most of the available ones in city where i live, are commercial ones and not real honey, more like sugar fake ones, not bee/flower ones, and may worsen the flue.

I do feel some kind of pressure on in my head since my nose still closed. 

i used black seed oil. it seems to be helping, since once i swallow it and it touches the sore throat area it creates a burning sensation, and today that sensation decreased as it healed. 

Make juice from fresh radish and olives and drink juice, or eat them if you like - should be all right quickly. Those random remedies here are scary for example raw garlic can things make worse in heat type flu and cayenne can easily dry you up making sickness much longer then it's needed. Those popular remedies granny type are rather "hit or miss" type remedy which should be taken with caution. :)

You can use brown sugar also for ginger. Those things like chemical honey making flu worse is rather superstitious so you do not need to worry about that. The aim is to bring balance so little honey like that will not do much harm.

Edited by SeekerOfHealing
  • Like 1

The fastest way I found to deal with flu is with oregano essential oil when the first symptoms show up. It is best to take it in softgels: like this. When the flu is already installed, it takes a little longer but it is still very helpful.

The fastest way I found to deal with flu is with oregano essential oil when the first symptoms show up. It is best to take it in softgels: like this. When the flu is already installed, it takes a little longer but it is still very helpful.

This is more related to lung infections rather then flu patterns.

Make juice from fresh radish and olives and drink juice, or eat them if you like - should be all right quickly. Those random remedies here are scary for example raw garlic can things make worse in heat type flu and cayenne can easily dry you up making sickness much longer then it's needed. Those popular remedies granny type are rather "hit or miss" type remedy which should be taken with caution. :)

You can use brown sugar also for ginger. Those things like chemical honey making flu worse is rather superstitious so you do not need to worry about that. The aim is to bring balance so little honey like that will not do much harm.

just done tests... it is heat flue, since touching cold stuff and drinking something cold.. will make my body shiver.. and high aversion to cold.

Thank you for sharing your knowledge, I have right now chamomile and aniseed are they good to drink? will get radish and i have natural olives and olive oil from the village. will get radish, not that much fan of sugar and will get ginger too.

According to my limited knowledge of chinese elements, I generally have a lot of fire inside in my daily life and need to be calmed, because it is causing a lot of problems, like Eczema and allergy and such in areas that are related to kidney energy element water (according to body map elements/organs). 

This is more related to lung infections rather then flu patterns.

I am just sharing my personal experience with taking oregano essential oil when having flu..

People can take it for what it is worth.

just done tests... it is heat flue, since touching cold stuff and drinking something cold.. will make my body shiver.. and high aversion to cold.

Thank you for sharing your knowledge, I have right now chamomile and aniseed are they good to drink? will get radish and i have natural olives and olive oil from the village. will get radish, not that much fan of sugar and will get ginger too.

According to my limited knowledge of chinese elements, I generally have a lot of fire inside in my daily life and need to be calmed, because it is causing a lot of problems, like Eczema and allergy and such in areas that are related to kidney energy element water (according to body map elements/organs). 

Yep, if you want to balance this you can send me photo of your morning tongue and do the test for me to recognize unbalanced elements then it will be easy to balance them. I had to friend who struggled with runny nose for years (even without being sick), he just had unbalanced elements as they (most of the time) do not balance themselves bur rather follow the cycle of degeneration so it's very important to keep proper diet (not like strict diet but to not eat randomly rather to know what element you are eating) which can make life more effortlessly. Many people forget that food affects also emotions.

• Like 1

Yep, if you want to balance this you can send me photo of your morning tongue and do the test for me to recognize unbalanced elements then it will be easy to balance them. I had to friend who struggled with runny nose for years (even without being sick), he just had unbalanced elements as they (most of the time) do not balance themselves bur rather follow the cycle of degeneration so it's very important to keep proper diet (not like strict diet but to not eat randomly rather to know what element you are eating) which can make life more effortlessly. Many people forget that food affects also emotions.

How do foods effect emotions?

There are many concepts to that like kong or jing which can affect our emotional responses towards reality, people and things around us.

To put it simple everything is mix of 5 elements those 5 elements are related to the body organs and mechanics. For example you get beat up by bully when you are younger then you developed kong when you see him you could actually piss into your pants - to find relief from that you need to balance kidney qi or heart qi. Other example that you eating food against you constitute so your liver qi for example can attack heart or spleen which results can be that you be angry without reason or angry with very little small things, like person of your family comes and then ask you something even little but you will answer with barking "later" or something like that. To live in harmony is not easy task but with practice it becomes easy.

Most people who are arguing here on the forums or feel floods of emotions while reading something they do not agree with them can say bye bye to their liver and heart! :) If you are more likely get into forums be active person around - supplement your liver. haha

The best way to be is being always happy (yang state of spirit and emotion/heart/xing) that why immortals are always laughing and happy as they are pure yang = pure happiness, bliss and freedom in the balance with The Way and Dao.

That's why people who study Dao (whatever buddhist Dao or taoist Dao) are generally happy, at least you can see their progress thru their happiness - for example I love and makes me very happy to study Daoist/Buddhist scriptures and books which generates the yang for emotions which makes me happy, but not many people are like that. That's why if you study something you do not like you can generate yin and actually have bad health you can see this in college or universities that most teacher are unhealthy or have mental problems as they didn't balance themselves while studying things they do not like.

Edited by SeekerOfHealing
  • Like 1

I am intrigued -- please tell me more about this friend with the runny nose.
  • Like 1

What do you want to know? He was clear example of Qi deficiency related to lung Qi and spleen Qi. It's could be easier healed thru qigong practice as they are very good for Qi deficiency conditions.

• Like 1

What do you want to know? He was clear example of Qi deficiency related to lung Qi and spleen Qi. It's could be easier healed thru qigong practice as they are very good for Qi deficiency conditions.

His runny nose was caused by a qi deficiency? Hmmm...