redcairo

Bernie Sanders

Well there are only so many topics and issues and problems anybody can take on at once, and it's already a long list likely to far exceed what even a demigod could pull off in four years. So I can't hold "he's not talking about X" against him, no matter what it is.

The biggest question to me remains:

What IS there -- even theoretically -- to 'replace' the vast loss of jobs for the just-above-minimum-wage to below-college-degree sector in our society? Manufacturing drastically gone, which means much of warehousing gone, and what's left of warehousing for food or service ties to trucking which automation is shortly going to drastically curtail jobs within. Construction fell by 2/3 of what mfg did in the 00-16 or so era of the big report I read, and so on. Is the development of energy internally really going to provide that many jobs? Circa '91 the oil industry directly and indirectly I think had about half a million jobs. That's a ton. But the country needs at least 10M better at least twice that.

It seems like people who have some education, but no job they're willing to do that gives them a decent life, tend to turn violent, or at least the french revolution rather made it seem like that. So some replacement jobs and improved economy kinda needs to happen before the span of generation that needs it ages and dies and/or the incoming entitled millennials turn the whole country into a #MyLifeMattersMoreThanYours riot.

RC

Edited by redcairo
  • Like 1

FWIW, dust, it really isn't the case that I am always right or that I always have 100% solid evidence. On the contrary, my understanding of things is constantly in flux as a result of on-going personal investigation and research, and I very rarely state a serious opinion on something without having personally done significant research on the topic. Drives my family nuts, BTW -- I'd say "Well, actually..." and they'd say "Oh, that's BS" and then they'd go look it up to prove me wrong. Eventually, they stopped.

Nice to read. Simply, nice to see an admission that you know you're not always right. It is not always apparent that you are aware of this... ;)

Much of what I discover comes from obscure sources so it is often not easy for me to point to a precise reference but it can generally be relocated with some effort. Thing is, I rarely have enough attachment to it to put forth the effort to prove I didn't just make it up, or prove that it wasn't from a spurious source -- especially when the person asking for it has been attacking my character and calling me names. If I happen to be sitting in a library or in front of a computer (or both, as is sometimes the case), and if the search doesn't take more than a minute or two, I may toss out a link or reference but I am more likely to just provide sufficient information for an inquiring mind to do the research independently. Besides, people learn more when they do their own research -- it's a form of gungfu in its own right.

I once called you a 'Muslimophobe' (I think that was the word), but I'm not sure of other 'name-calling' or character attacks. I call you out sometimes, ask for more. Feel free to do the same to me. I've never called you stupid or crazy or evil or fat or ugly, only questioned your opinions, or your approach to dealing with a subject, or asked for your sources. And I maintain that any time you have deigned to link a source, it hasn't been as significant as you would have had me (or others) believe.

Either way, "you called me names" is a fairly weak excuse for not bothering to add appropriate information to any conversation.

Thank you.

OK so I'm scanning for 'registration fraud' and looking for illegal aliens who have committed it.

The first I notice is an unidentified man in Arizona this year. A green card, SSN, and driver's licence; not an illegal alien. It should not have been possible, but it happened -- then again, he's not an illegal alien.

The second I notice is Arizona again. Caught and dismissed. Looks like there might be a problem with Arizona's system?

Scanning another few pages I find no further illegal immigrants committing registration fraud. I'm sure there are more cases, but most of what I'm seeing is legal citizens doing various illegal things. There doesn't seem to be enough ratio of illegals to legals to warrant assuming that millions of illegals are committing registration fraud. Does there?

Looks like there might be a problem with Arizona's system?

There is definitely a problem in Arizona, and I am sure it reaches far outside of the borders of this state.

Our oldest daughter moved lived with us in Arizona back in 2011 to go to school, naturally, she registered to vote when she got her AZ driver's license. In 2014, she moved back to Texas, where again, she registered to vote when obtaining her driver's license.

The flaw that I am seeing, first hand, I still get ballots for her in the mail, here in AZ. I shred them, but who is to say had I not intercepted them that they could not be used to cast a vote by someone. She votes in Texas in her county of registration.

Despite contacting the elections division in the AZ secretary of state's office, changing her address with the USPS, she is registered to vote in two states. The potential for this to be happening with others in Arizona and other states is pretty apparent. I just wonder how large a scale this flaw in the system is.

https://www.azsos.gov/elections/voting-election/register-vote-or-update-your-current-voter-information

Nice to read. Simply, nice to see an admission that you know you're not always right. It is not always apparent that you are aware of this... ;)

I once called you a 'Muslimophobe' (I think that was the word), but I'm not sure of other 'name-calling' or character attacks. I call you out sometimes, ask for more. Feel free to do the same to me. I've never called you stupid or crazy or evil or fat or ugly, only questioned your opinions, or your approach to dealing with a subject, or asked for your sources. And I maintain that any time you have deigned to link a source, it hasn't been as significant as you would have had me (or others) believe.

Either way, "you called me names" is a fairly weak excuse for not bothering to add appropriate information to any conversation.

Thank you.

OK so I'm scanning for 'registration fraud' and looking for illegal aliens who have committed it.

The first I notice is an unidentified man in Arizona this year. A green card, SSN, and driver's licence; not an illegal alien. It should not have been possible, but it happened -- then again, he's not an illegal alien.

The second I notice is Arizona again. Caught and dismissed. Looks like there might be a problem with Arizona's system?

Scanning another few pages I find no further illegal immigrants committing registration fraud. I'm sure there are more cases, but most of what I'm seeing is legal citizens doing various illegal things. There doesn't seem to be enough ratio of illegals to legals to warrant assuming that millions of illegals are committing registration fraud. Does there?

LOL

You whined so I threw you a bone just to see what you'd do with it. You asked for ANY evidence of voter fraud so I gave you a database with thousands of legal cases. You skimmed the first few and dismissed the whole thing, and then provided your analysis that maybe Arizona had a problem.

The issue is not just systemic but intentional, embedded and protected. I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you -- and, frankly. I just don't care. I don't take you seriously and it's not my job to disabuse you of your prejudices and willful ignorance. You'll either decide one day to do your own gungfu or you won't. <shrug>

• Like 1

LOL

You whined so I threw you a bone just to see what you'd do with it. You asked for ANY evidence of voter fraud so I gave you a database with thousands of legal cases. You skimmed the first few and dismissed the whole thing, and then provided your analysis that maybe Arizona had a problem.

The issue is not just systemic but intentional, embedded and protected. I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you -- and, frankly. I just don't care. I don't take you seriously and it's not my job to disabuse you of your prejudices and willful ignorance. You'll either decide one day to do your own gungfu or you won't. <shrug>

Another example of your apparent kindergarten-grade reading level. I did not dismiss the whole thing, I noted that it is still absolutely not sufficient evidence for millions of illegal aliens voting and getting away with it.

I asked for any evidence because you never provide any. I thanked you for the belated effort, to show my appreciation that you finally bothered to bless me with a taste of your sacred information, but cannot pretend that what you've given is even remotely sufficient to change my mind on the original issue. For what it's worth, I later continued to scan the document and continued to not find sufficient evidence. Almost everything on there is legal citizens embroiled in voting scams; illegal aliens registering and voting illegally? Not so much.

Put as simply as I can so as to confront your truth-avoidance radar head-on:

You have insufficient evidence. You hint and hide and pretend that all your evidence is out there, but that unless someone else finds it they must be stupid or prejudiced. But you NEVER provide enough evidence.

Trump had insufficient evidence. His claims about illegal aliens voting are utter nonsense.

In everything I've ever argued with you about, you have been wrong. Not only unable to produce sufficient evidence, but guilty of the willful ignorance you accuse me of. Welcome to my ignore list.

Edited by dust