timmytran77

New San Francisco Member, Qigong Practitioner of the Zhang Gong System

Hello my fellow brothers and sisters,

My name is Tim, and I am very excited to be apart of this wonderful community.  I am from San Francisco, CA and I am practicing qigong under the Heavenly Essence Qigong System or also known as Zhang Gong as developed by Grandmaster Zhang Hong Bao.

I am in search of other practitioners like myself and hope to build a community in which we could grow, develop our practice together, share our insights, and perhaps meet and collaborate with various ventures may it be in business, in workshops, or in practice! 

I am also curious if any others our there are practicing under the same lineage as myself?  I wonder if anybody know my Grandmaster personally or could point me into a direction in which I could learn more as to what kind of person he was?  There seems to be some texts, like Qigong Fever by David A. Palmer, but everything else seems to be biased or in Chinese...

Looking forward to hearing from you!  

Much love and blessing, 

Tim

• Like 1

Hello timmytran77, and welcome.

Your membership is approved and we're happy you found your way to us. We look forward to accompanying you on some of the way that you still have to go.

Please take the time to read the two posts pinned at the top of this Welcome page and take a look at the forum terms and rules. This covers all you need to know when getting started.

For the first week you will be restricted to ten posts per day but after that you can post as much as you like. Also, until you’ve posted fifteen times in the forums, you’ll be a “Junior Bum” with somewhat restricted access and will be allowed only two private messages per day.

Good luck in your pursuits and best wishes to you,

Marblehead and the TDB team

Hi Tim,

There are lots of folks here you can talk with regarding your interests.  And I'm here if you want to talk about Taoist Philosophy.

You are welcome to jump right in ongoing discussions, revive an older thread, start a new thread of your own, or start a discussion in the "Newcomer Corner" sub-forms to expand on your introduction or ask general questions to help you get started.

May you enjoy your time here.

Marblehead

I have not been able to find much info about Zhong Hongbao or the system, in general. It seems really interesting, and I believe that Chunyi Lin, the founder of Spring Forest Qigong, which I practice, was a student of his. I have only been able to find scarce footage of the qigong style, but it looks like the ending procedures are very similar.

• Like 2