TheWhiteRabbit

Lets Talk Obama - Was he a good President?

Was Obama good president?

Obamacathere is falling apart because insurance companies are unable to keep their low rates that they had initially causing them to drop coverage of some medical services or medicines.

Rather than fight the unemployment rate Obama brought in people from other countries to fill jobs.

Rather than focus on inclusiveness, he has made race the issue, further destabilizing the union.  He has chosen to try to appoint special rights rather than facilitating the existing laws to apply to everyone.  This increases division.

When a lot of us voted for him it was to try to make america more inclusive, working upon the strong foundation we already had.  Instead, he let his hatred of white people (yes, that is right and I DID say it.) Cause himself to do things that were deliberately hurtful.  When a person fights to work through things that cause divisions rather than  strengthening the people as a whole this happens.  If all you knew or remember was Obama, you would think he was an okay or good president.  In reality other presidents did ore to strengthen the unity of our country.  That is why I have been upset about all of this.  When people want to talk fear about Trump is is what I think about.  Without Obama there would not be a president elect Trump.

So, the way I see it, I am upset and thankful that Obama was our president. For the reason that it showed us how hateful Obama was.  Also for the reason that the same hatred got Trump elected.  If Obama had never been elected, Trump would most likely not been elected either.

• Like 2

Obamacare has turned out to be a disaster as has his domestic/foreign policy. However, he will go down in history as one of, if not the worst president in history for something quite different - he created executive orders to get around the constitution, he acted like a dictator and he has left the door open for evil to assume control. This is the worst and most dangerous Obama legacy.

• Like 2

As a foreigner myself Obama has one of the best reputations abroad, he is clearly very intelligent and a good orator and is scandal free. Personally I think the state of American healthcare is an absolute disgrace for a supposed advanced nation, so it is the humane moral thing to do to try to improve it in the face of extreme hostility and a Senate which did everything it could to block anything he did. That's the way it looks anyway from the outside , apparently most Americans who actually live with him don't agree.

• Like 4

As a foreigner myself Obama has one of the best reputations abroad, he is clearly very intelligent and a good orator and is scandal free. Personally I think the state of American healthcare is an absolute disgrace for a supposed advanced nation, so it is the humane moral thing to do to try to improve it in the face of extreme hostility and a Senate which did everything it could to block anything he did. That's the way it looks anyway from the outside , apparently most Americans who actually live with him don't agree.

Yes George W. was an international embarrassment who could hardly string a complete sentence together, while Obama comes across as urbane, intelligent and a decent human being.  If he failed in office it is because he was continually obstructed in most policy areas.  He was subject to a continuous stream of abuse and hatred - which is abnormal for a US President where previously 'respect the office if not the person' held sway.  Why this has changed ... well maybe the USA loss of confidence in itself has something to do with it.  I realise this is a view from the other side of the Atlantic - so rather like Thatcher it is possible to be well respected abroad but hated at home.

• Like 4

Remember that the USA is not a democracy, it is a republic. The 'blocking' of presidential policies is a natural part of republic government operation. This was the way the government was set up, the answer is not to act like a dictator and issue executive orders.

The fact that he seems 'a nice guy' or a 'good orator' fails to explain his inability to persuade the senate that his ideas are worthwhile, or his need to bludgeon his ideology onto the republic. I would say he was neither persuasive nor a good guy. The election results could hardly make it clearer. Putting it into perspective, the nation voted for a orange faced buffoon with no experience in politics rather than Obamas successor.

• Like 3

Remember that the USA is not a democracy, it is a republic. The 'blocking' of presidential policies is a natural part of republic government operation. This was the way the government was set up, the answer is not to act like a dictator and issue executive orders.

The fact that he seems 'a nice guy' or a 'good orator' fails to explain his inability to persuade the senate that his ideas are worthwhile, or his need to bludgeon his ideology onto the republic. I would say he was neither persuasive nor a good guy. The election results could hardly make it clearer. Putting it into perspective, the nation voted for a orange faced buffoon with no experience in politics rather than Obamas successor.

He won two terms with a big majority.  he's not responsible for Clinton - in fact he beat her in the nomination race.

• Like 1

That is certainly the way the traditional media have portrayed it.
  • Like 4

He won two terms with a big majority. he's not responsible for Clinton - in fact he beat her in the nomination race.

It was Obama's policies that people were judging. Remember he was elected only at the beginning of his term, having been judged as successful after only one term. It took the second term to realise just what a complete disaster he was.

Obama is a laughing stock around the world. Those who aren't laughing at him are burning US flags in Europe. Greece is rioting. His attempts to bully the British people into staying within the EU were probably the most persuasive aspect of the referendum to garner a leave vote.

He is well rehearsed speaker, or at least he was, but apart from being a left wing liberal pin up, most he is an incompetent, dictatorial clown. Of recent times he seems incapable of stringing a sentence together, perhaps he is going as senile as his old mate Soros.

It was Obama's policies that people were judging. Remember he was elected only at the beginning of his term, having been judged as successful after only one term. It took the second term to realise just what a complete disaster he was.

Obama is a laughing stock around the world. Those who aren't laughing at him are burning US flags in Europe. Greece is rioting. His attempts to bully the British people into staying within the EU were probably the most persuasive aspect of the referendum to garner a leave vote.

He is well rehearsed speaker, or at least he was, but apart from being a left wing liberal pin up, most he is an incompetent, dictatorial clown. Of recent times he seems incapable of stringing a sentence together, perhaps he is going as senile as his old mate Soros.

he would have beaten Trump easily if such a thing were possible.  Trumps win was an anti-Clinton effect.  She is very unpopular.  Sanders would have beaten Trump also.

he would have beaten Trump easily if such a thing were possible. Trumps win was an anti-Clinton effect. She is very unpopular. Sanders would have beaten Trump also.

You may of course speculate, but the turn out for Trump is more than about personalities. Many have voted that had never voted before and hat was one reason the pollsters (when they weren't out right twisting the stats) got wrong.

The same thing occured in Brexit and in Labours demise. Unfortunately lefty liberals just cannot accept outright rejection of their ideology. They blame it on stupid electorate and xenophobia because liberal elites believe their own echo chambers.

Bye bye lefty liberals, the people woke up and kicked your arses hard.

• Like 1

You may of course speculate, but the turn out for Trump is more than about personalities. Many have voted that had never voted before and hat was one reason the pollsters (when they weren't out right twisting the stats) got wrong.

The same thing occured in Brexit and in Labours demise. Unfortunately lefty liberals just cannot accept outright rejection of their ideology. They blame it on stupid electorate and xenophobia because liberal elites believe their own echo chambers.

Bye bye lefty liberals, the people woke up and kicked your arses hard.

Ah, so cool and rational as ever.

• Like 1

I'da thought the over 100% precincts would have been on the plate, but we're just talking perceive outcome and not investigating electoral and voter fraud.

Somethinsomethin we've been doing this shit for 50 years and we're not going to stop now...

• Like 1

I don't know why anyone cares what the perceived world opinion is of American politics. They're just as deluded if not more so than the half of Americans that voted for someone who was attempting to dismantle the Bill of Rights with a smile on his face.

• Like 4

Ah, so cool and rational as ever.

I make no excuses for being passionate Apech. I love a bit of colour and emotion in discussions as long as it doesn't detract from the facts.

Can't beat a bit of Kickass. :-)

As a foreigner myself Obama has one of the best reputations abroad, he is clearly very intelligent and a good orator and is scandal free.

He definitely had great delivery when reading off his ubiquitous teleprompter...but not sure about his ability to generate and convey his own unscripted thoughts?

Thing is, most mainstream Americans weren't privy behind the Mass Media Matrix screen here, much like foreigners like yourself.  You were basically just peering through a selectively-focused telescope through a peephole from across the pond - with zero reality checks.

Who-Controls-Your-Mind.jpg

CwrzYVPVEAAi6DV.jpg

nobel_prize_2009_obama_605345.jpg

Edited by gendao
  • Like 6

I think Obama is a great guy. Intelligent with humanistic values.

As a president he failed because the world is not made up from

People of his kind .

I initially liked the way he came across during his speeches and thought that the idea behind Obamacare was good, even if the actioning of it was not, However, as time has gone on he has lost his ability to detach his emotions from his opinions of people (Putin and Trump) and I really don't like the mistrust he has toward Russia.

Given the build up of troops on the Russian / EU-NATO border over the past year or two, the election of a more Russian friendly Trump which will decrease tensions is for me a truly a fantastic thing, 

• Like 4

I still dont understand how people decide that blatantly unconstitutional things are just peachy.

Even if there were some actual constitutional breathing space for Obamacare to exist, it still violates the 9th amendment.

"The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people."

It has been said, by way of objection to a bill of rights....that in the Federal Government they are unnecessary, because the powers are enumerated, and it follows, that all that are not granted by the constitution are retained; that the constitution is a bill of powers, the great residuum being the rights of the people; and, therefore, a bill of rights cannot be so necessary as if the residuum was thrown into the hands of the Government. I admit that these arguments are not entirely without foundation, but they are not as conclusive to the extent it has been proposed. It is true the powers of the general government are circumscribed; they are directed to particular objects; but even if government keeps within those limits, it has certain discretionary powers with respect to the means, which may admit of abuse
  • Like 3

Obama pushes elite/corporate interests all the while pretending to be a man of the people.

It is for this very reason that he has the media on his side and there is a multi-billion dollar agenda to make people "think" he is a great president. 

Obama is a great public speaker, and he really makes people feel like he cares about them. But the reality is much different.

-Obama increased taxes across the board, he increased health care costs across the board. (aka taking tons of money from the people)

-Obama increased military spending. (aka giving tons of money to the super elite). Almost gets us into ww3 with Russia because -he puts troops around the Russian Border. 

“NATO is costing us a fortune, and yes, we’re protecting Europe, but we’re spending a lot of money. Number one, I think the distribution of costs has to be changed.” –Donald Trump, interview with The Washington Post editorial board, March 21

“NATO is unfair, economically, to us, to the United States. Because it really helps them more so than the United States, and we pay a disproportionate share.”

-Obama invests in "Global Warming initiatives" (aka giving tons of money to the super elite)

"Those “global warming payments” likely refer to the United Nations’ Green Climate Fund, to which President Obama has pledged a whopping $3 billion. He’s already given the fund $500 million."

“We’re spending hundreds of billions of dollars. We don’t even know who’s doing what with the money,” Trump said.

-Obama gives billions to Isreal and other middle eastern countries.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/08/19/us-aid-middle-east_n_3779275.html

but the money does nothing, cause it's a big scam.

All in all, Obama is pumping out as much money from the people as possible, and spending it haphazardly in sketchy programs that clearly make others rich. 

If you truly believe this money is not being scavenged by the elite and actually being used effectively, I would be astonished to hear your reasoning. 

"Pentagon loses 6.5 trillion"

http://www.thefiscaltimes.com/2016/07/31/Pentagon-s-Sloppy-Bookkeeping-Means-65-Trillion-Can-t-Pass-Audit

They arn't even properly recording where all the money is going... 

“We’re spending hundreds of billions of dollars. We don’t even know who’s doing what with the money,” Trump said.

Edited by MooNiNite
  • Like 2

I think Obama is a great guy. Intelligent with humanistic values.

As a president he failed because the world is not made up from

People of his kind .

I agree. He comes across as too idealistic for the actual world. I think his biggest mistake was mis-reading of Arab turmoil that resulted in Syrian and Libyan disasters. And it's not even close to be finished yet.