flowing hands

Xiao Yao Pai and other arts from China

Actually it is possibile. If you are in deep connection with Tao people will cry and be happy without reason when you are around because the Qi can become very strong that people get affected.

When a sage achieves the Tao, she then is the Tao and can share that energy with the world. Tao energy encompasses - yet is also beyond - stillness and peace.

Words not only can cause confusion. Apparitions and appearances can also cause confusion.

How can one vet their immortals? Only Tao sages can recognize other Tao sages.

This presents something of a difficulty doesn't it?

I might have misread Xia Yao Pai site as it was not coming up full screen, but what I could gleen was that it was after the CR that the teacher decided to teach, but it did not verify whether he came from China or was in Indonesia before this. So I could be wrong about this. I am sure Effilang could put me right. Perhaps they could get their site so it can be read properly.

As we are diligent my old chum, my arts are from Malaysia where I lived for a while. I also lived in South Korea for a while.

So Dudes who heavily rely on dictionaries need to be more diligent themselves. :)

Ah, bit of dictionary envy, eh? I suppose a word like "millenarian" is a bit of a mouthful. As any good Daoist would, I suggest you solve your problems by finding a way to get your hands on a nice, big, fat Longman (it ain't every day I get the chance to make a triple entendre!).

Sorry, am I not taking your thread seriously enough? Well, obviously neither are you. The idea that you might use your inability to get a website to open in full screen mode as an excuse for perpetuating a misinformation campaign is pathetic.

So that you will have no more trouble viewing the relevant information, here's what Effi Lang said on the topic:

To make it clear: our Grandmaster, Li Shang Hu, moved to Indonesia in 1938 around the age of 7.

By the early 1970s, he was established and working as an acupuncturist and shopkeeper when he was granted permission by Tai Shang to bring our school out of seclusion and begin to share Xian Tian Dao Yin Shu with the world. This is when we first opened our doors and officially became a public school, abandoning our traditional closed-door spiritual ethos.

So, according to Effi, the XYP grandmaster left China well before the Communists came to power and also began teaching publicly before the end of the Cultural Revolution, which finished in 1976.

Nobody who's read my posts in the XYP thread would mistake me for a fan of XYP. I have as much and as little reason to believe their fantastical claims as I have to believe yours. But what I am a fan of is not letting patently libelous claptrap go unnoticed.

There is an edit function for posts. The irrelevance of your plagiarized lesson behooves you to make use of the edit function and change the misleading name of this topic, which in fact tells us nothing about "Xiao Yao Pai and other arts from China." If you have technical difficulties which prevent you from using the edit function, please ask the mods for help.

• Like 2

Thank you for response. So are you saying that in your view (or tradition) it is not possible for a sage to share the Tao (energetically radiating or presence) other than to show by example of a life like American Indians?

Also, why do you think an immortal would come to you and ask you to call him by a name other than you had been originally praying to? Would that not instead be calling a different being or spirit in your mind?

That which we call a rose...

This is not the first time I know of in which a person looked up a name post-introduction.