169 replies to this topic

#17 Jeff

Jeff

Focused on the moment

• The Dao Bums
  • Pip
  • 3204 posts

Posted 18 October 2016 - 05:53 AM

It depens what kind of help. In this particular one, a spirit enters the bodymind of an initiate and moves him. There is no such kind of help in traditional neidan, for example.

Do not Taoist Shaman channel immortals for divine inspiration and help?
No worries... I am only speaking on my own authority.

#18 Taoist Texts

Taoist Texts

Joss Beaumont, espionnage et chataigne.

• The Dao Bums
  • Pip
  • 2045 posts
  • Interests:Enka

Posted 18 October 2016 - 06:13 AM

There are no taoist shamans sorry. One is either a shaman or a taoist. Those are mutually exclusive terms.

世人个个学长年,不悟年年在目前,我得宛丘平易法,只将食粥致神仙。

#19 effilang

effilang

Xuan Daoji

• The Dao Bums
  • Pip
  • 1072 posts
  • Interests:Xiao Yao Pai

Posted 18 October 2016 - 07:22 AM

Hi Taoist Texts,

I thought I had made myself clear, but gauging by your response I guess I was mistaken, haha.

I'll just make it simple:

We have relationship with Tai Shang, because we established one and he has authorised us to spread Xian Tian Dao Yin Shu because we asked for the permission to go public.

It's at his discretion.
The Xian Shen and Tian Shen in Xiao Yao Pai don't judge anyone by ethnicity. There is just oneness at this level. Ethnic prejudice is a Taiji concept driven by relativity and pertains to the realm of dualistic phenomena.

In terms of "traditional", it depends on what time in the history of Daoism you're referring to, and as for being guided by Xian Shen in Neidan. This is part of many schools practices, such as Zhengyi Dao, under which there are many Schools and organisations. What about Shangqing?

I've written in length about this in my recent posts. It's better to read about it there.

One of the differences in immortal guidance between Neidan in Xian Tian Dao Yin Shu and Houtian Xiulian is the point at which we which we connect to the Xian Shen for guidance.

In Houtian Neidan this is generally near the end, when the immortal child is ready to be released through the Bai Hui and the spirit can consciously function in Wuji in a completely aware and independent state.

In Xiao Yao Pai, this takes place on the day of initiation. That's why it's very common for early beginners to see "the falling snow and dancing flowers".

Either way. People shouldnt waste their time so much on the philosophy. All these names and concepts are just abstract pointers to an experiencable reality. Once the reality is experienced directly, the words and names that represent it conceptually reveal their true nature, that they are inherently empty. Emptiness pointing to emptiness.

So if anyone wants to test us because they don't believe our claim on the inheritance of Xian Tian Dao Yin Shu, or that we are authorised by Tai Shang to initiate our disciples into the immortals guidance, they are welcome to come and test it. That's the only way to confirm or deny something. After they have proved it to themselves, then that's it. End of story.

That's what makes our school stand out. We can actually back up what we're saying. If we had been lying about it since we went public in the early 70s we wouldn't currently have over 140,000 practising Dao Yu and someone would have disproved us by now. Yet, instead of that we are also initiating Daoist priests in China's temples. So there must be something mysterious going on worth exploring.

You can find some testimonials here from initiated folks: www.DAOISM.uk

Edited by effilang, 18 October 2016 - 08:50 AM.

• zerostao said thanks for this

Posted Image
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Xiao Yao Pai Facebook PAGE | WEB Page | Xiao Yao Pai Facebook GROUP

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"To attain knowledge, add things everyday. To attain wisdom, remove things everyday"

"One grows tall after walking through a forest of tall trees."

"Those who do not move, do not notice their chains."

‪#xiaoyaopai #taoyinshu #daoyinshu #xuandaoji #spiritualdaoism #spiritualtaoism #daoism #taoism‬ ‪#‎meditation‬ ‪#‎laozi‬ ‪#‎spirituality‬ ‪#‎neidan‬ ‪#‎xian‬ ‪#‎immortality‬ ‪#‎yoga‬ ‪
#‎taoyin‬ ‪#‎qigong‬ ‪#‎taiji‬ ‪#‎wuji‬ ‪#‎tao‬ ‪#‎inspirational‬ ‪#‎art‬ ‪#‎bestoftheday‬ ‪#‎cool‬ ‪#‎life‬ ‪#‎lovely‬ ‪#‎instagood‬ ‪#‎me‬ ‪#‎followme‬ ‪#‎photooftheday‬ ‪#‎happy‬ ‪#‎beautiful‬ ‪#‎instadaily‬ ‪#‎discoveryou‬

#20 effilang

effilang

Xuan Daoji

• The Dao Bums
  • Pip
  • 1072 posts

Posted 18 October 2016 - 07:42 AM

This question has been in the back of my mind though, can the Fu Fa Shen read your thoughts?

Yes. Thoughts, feelings, energy and spirit; also your present, your future and your past.

Fu Fa Shen knows your secrets, your good thoughts and your bad ones. Your perverted ones and your pure ones.

You are like a naked baby in their presence. It is humbling, but offers the perfect foundation for refinement, because no masks can be employed.

I would hope I could inspire them to take an active role in my life with my pure intentions, but I also understand my mortal life is a blip of time in the spiritual plane.

I hope so too. The better we can make life for people, the happier we will be : )

How well of a relationship can you develop as well? 

It is just like any other relationship, only their body is rarely visible in Taiji; you have to raise your awareness to Wuji to perceive them. You just have to relax your mind and make yourself like a blank canvas; Fu Fa Shen will guide your consciousness there naturally, so you can begin to learn how to perceive and translate extra-sensory information to fit your understanding.

Either way I would be honored to have a Fu Fa Shen, just having one would give me great spiritual comfort.

If it is yuanfen, then it shall be : )

Keep an eye out on the FB group for event announcements.

A lot of people today who are well read are usually very adamant about their beliefs.

Neidan should be this and Neidan should be that, but when I ask most to prove it, all they can do is point me to a text, that is essentially the record of someone else's personal practice experience.

Dao ke Dao, fei chang Dao.
Dao ke ming, fei chang ming.

Again the difference with us is that because we have not lost the root of the old art, today, we can still prove it through a living and sense-based experience

Because of this we don't focus as much on philosophy as many other Daoist schools, since our practice is alive and thriving and any initiated Dao Yu can feel this through their Hu Fa Shen, so while I often enjoy writing, it is ultimately useless when it comes to the Practice of Hu Fa Shen guided Neidan in Xian Tian Dao Yin Shu.

Edited by effilang, 15 November 2016 - 12:31 PM.

Posted Image
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"To attain knowledge, add things everyday. To attain wisdom, remove things everyday"

‪#xiaoyaopai #taoyinshu #daoyinshu #xuandaoji #spiritualdaoism #spiritualtaoism #daoism #taoism‬ ‪#‎meditation‬ ‪#‎laozi‬ ‪#‎spirituality‬ ‪#‎neidan‬ ‪#‎xian‬ ‪#‎immortality‬ ‪#‎yoga‬ ‪
#‎taoyin‬ ‪#‎qigong‬ ‪#‎taiji‬ ‪#‎wuji‬ ‪#‎tao‬ ‪#‎inspirational‬ ‪#‎art‬ ‪#‎bestoftheday‬ ‪#‎cool‬ ‪#‎life‬ ‪#‎lovely‬ ‪#‎instagood‬ ‪#‎me‬ ‪#‎followme‬ ‪#‎photooftheday‬ ‪#‎happy‬ ‪#‎beautiful‬ ‪#‎instadaily‬ ‪#‎discoveryou‬

#21 Jeff

Jeff

Focused on the moment

• The Dao Bums
  • Pip
  • 3204 posts

Posted 18 October 2016 - 07:55 AM

There are no taoist shamans sorry. One is either a shaman or a taoist. Those are mutually exclusive terms.

No shaman that follow the Dao?

• effilang and dawei said thanks for this
No worries... I am only speaking on my own authority.

#22 Taoist Texts

Taoist Texts

• The Dao Bums
  • Pip
  • 2045 posts

Posted 18 October 2016 - 08:57 AM

No shaman that follow the Dao?

Of course not. Its a shaman's job  to pray for killing more animals or more enemies in tribal hunts and wars. What kind of dao is that?

#23 effilang

effilang

Xuan Daoji

• The Dao Bums
  • Pip
  • 1072 posts

Posted 18 October 2016 - 09:01 AM

In terms of shamanism, of course the Wu of old have had many of their spirit practices survive till this day within the Daoist schools so you can find many Daoists who practice shamanism. Not my cup of tea, but to each their own.

Posted Image

#24 effilang

effilang

Xuan Daoji

• The Dao Bums
  • Pip
  • 1072 posts

Posted 18 October 2016 - 09:37 AM

Of course not. Its a shaman's job to pray for killing more animals or more enemies in tribal hunts and wars. What kind of dao is that?

The Dao that does not judge, such as it is, in its original primordial nature before the one gives birth to the two.

It is the acquired physical mind that abides in the interplay of the complimentary dance of Yin and Yang, that gives arising to one vs the other, good vs bad, beautiful vs ugly and so on. This mind which always moves within the boundary of opposites, always waxing and wanning is a dynamic of Taiji.

Therefore, like a bird raised in a cage it cannot fathom the idea of flight and like a fish born in a well, it cannot discuss the sea, for it knows of nothing else beyond its own experience - and so it cannot fathom the Dao beyond its well (Taiji.)

The Dao that does not judge is beyond this mind. It resides in stillness and oneness, where the former cannot reach, for by its stillness and presence alone it will wither.

Both of these Daoist concepts of the acquired mind and the original mind are both Dao. DAO is everything and not one or the other alone.

For judging what is, rather than what is good and bad, we have the mechanism of karma, which we engineer through our own deeds.

Judgment other than this is simply an exercise of the physical mind and its perception will always be trapped within the boundary of Taiji and the sea of relative phenomena.

I'm surprised you don't know this considering that it's in most "Taoist Texts" :P

Edited by effilang, 18 October 2016 - 10:32 AM.

• johndoe2012 and zerostao said thanks for this

Posted Image

#25 Taoist Texts

Taoist Texts

• The Dao Bums
  • Pip
  • 2045 posts

Posted 19 October 2016 - 01:59 AM

The Dao that does not judge, ..

For judging what is, rather than what is good and bad, we have the mechanism of karma, which we engineer through our own deeds.

Judgment other than this is simply an exercise of the physical mind 

I'm surprised you don't know this considering that it's in most "Taoist Texts" :P

I dont even know what it means let alone it is in the texts;) But, https://en.wikipedia.../Moral_nihilism , check.

Your school provides therapeutic services, making the world a better place. I particularly like the one-seminar MO. Whether a participant succeeds or fails, at least he will not be strung along fruitlessly as is other outfits wont.

#26 effilang

effilang

Xuan Daoji

• The Dao Bums
  • Pip
  • 1072 posts

Posted 29 October 2016 - 08:26 PM

Hello all.

It's my pleasure to welcome a special group of people to our school today.

Greg Z.
James I.
Brandon U.
Frances D.
Neil P.
Brooks W.
Mark T.
Deatria H.
Geraldine B.
Josephine D.
Michael L.
Thomas G.
Beata R..
Louis H.
Kelly B.
Gordon T.
Star
Maggie M.

You travelled from far and wide to meet in Virginia, at the bridge between the worlds (pun definitely intended). Some of you travelled across the ocean from the UK to be present today and I applaud you. I know that your journey has been rewarded.

Today is the start of something amazing. It is a path unlike any other, full with mystery and wonder that awaits your discovery.

You all would have experienced different things today, for no initiation is ever the same for anyone. We are all unique in our constitution and that is reflected in our practice.

Each and every one of you has now had their Yuan Shen activated and you have been assigned a Hu Fa Shen to mentor you on your path of spiritual cultivation along the curriculum of our celestial branch.

At the beginning there are three ways in which Hu Fa Shen can "move" us, and these are not always physical, so if you did not "physically" move today, don't take this as evidence of your inability to practice or think that you did not receive Hu Fa Shen. You all have.

If Hu Fa Shen moves us on the physical level, it is easy to acknowledge because we are very familiar with our physical body, but if HFS moves our subtle energy, most people cannot detect it because their awareness still requires some tuning. More so, if HFS refines your mind, it is even more difficult to identify and observe the subtle energetic movements, but whether it is on any of these three levels or higher yet at the level of your spirit, Hu Fa Shen is always moving and refining us to raise our awareness higher. With practice you will be able to feel all levels of this movement and internal transformation and beyond.

Your relationship with Hu Fa Shen is brand new now, but as you continue to practice Dao Yin Shu, it will get stronger and stronger and as your awareness beings to synchronise with that of HFS, you will be able to more fluently perceive and absorb information.

Every Dao Yu (initiated practitioner) has the golden aura of our school wrap around them. It resembles a fire made of spiritual energy that acts as a cocoon and an incubator for our human spirit. When you practice Dao Yin Shu this aura will naturally transform your spirit from Yin Shen to Yang Shen and lead us to develop into a Xian. It is almost like hooking up to a server to download the files you need. Initiation allows us to hook up to the celestial branch of our school and download the blueprint for transmuting our spirit. There is no effort required at all. All you have to do is just disengage your attention from thoughts and be like a blank canvas, then Hu Fa Shen can naturally guide your awareness deeper into the Dao.

If you still have some time today. I encourage you to practice alone in your rooms. Have some food, relax, have a shower and then say your Zhen Yan and invite Hu Fa Shen for a session.

I'll tell you a little story.

When I was initiated, I did not move. I was a little disappointed, because everyone else was moving around me. Everyone was actually quite surprised. To be honest I was gutted, but I realised my mistake was in focusing on the physical.

On the way back home I decided to relax a little and meditate. As my mind cleared, I suddenly began to feel HFS working on my mind and clearing negative beliefs that were blocking my mind. As I tuned in more, I could sense what I can only describe as small energetic explosions of energy going off in random locations in my brain. It was like HFS was taking laser accurate mini shotgun energy blasts at the root concepts in my life that were blocking me. Memories that were so distant and deeply buried that I had forgotten they existed at all suddenly began to appear in front of my eyes and I started making connections between what was causing me pain in the present and what had occurred in my past, but before I had a chance to even focus on it for a little longer, Hu Fa Shen had already cleared it. Pent up energy like that doesn't just disappear though, and I began to see the connection between the belief structures that were being refined and my physical body, because everything is connected.

When Hu Fa Shen released a blockage in my mind, he would then also simultaneously clear the physical manifestation of the root idea within the body. Usually this would force me to express a loud noise in tandem with a vigorous shake, transmuting the negative, and every moment was pure and utter release.

I know some of you today have experienced some detoxing symptoms already. It is normal don't worry. Hu Fa Shen always goes to the root of the problem, so transformation can be very rapid. If you blink, sometimes you can miss it.

In the next few months, my mind was clearer than it had ever been. I was at peace with so many things. Ideas and beliefs that had been a nuisance to me in my life just faded away and I was happier because of it. Prejudices that had plagued me forever and altered my perception of people and things, simply just washed away and disappeared.

Looking back at myself now, I have changed so much that Its difficult to describe. I've never practised any system that so effectively and quickly gets to the root cause of every issue and this is just one very very small part of Xian Tian Dao Yin Shu.

Eventually I soon began to move also. It was a welcome confirmation, but by then I already knew Hu Fa Shen was there and was receiving visions, experiences and instructions.

So be patient with yourselves, because we are all very complicated and our rivers run very deep. Relax your awareness and let your teacher guide you and you will begin to change from a caterpillar into a radiant butterfly : )

Our art is a gateway to myriad wonders and transformations.

Please remember that Hu Fa Shen can see our thoughts, our dreams, our fears, our secrets, our hopes, our good deeds and our bad deeds. There is nothing we can hide. This relationship will teach you humility and naturalness and how to be honest, confident and proud of who you are.

I'm not an advocate of blind belief, but when we embark on a new journey and find ourselves in unknown territory, it is wise to trust in a guide to show us the way, just like we trust our GPS to get us from A to B in a foreign land. So trust that your HFS knows what is best for you and always remember, that Xian Tian Dao Yin Shu is a guidance art. That is why it is called The Divine Guidance Art, so It is always your choice whether to follow instructions or not. Eventually you will find out that when we decide not to take HFS's advice, the outcome is never in your favour, but this is how we build trust and your relationship to Hu Fa Shen is no different. You must build trust and understanding with your teacher, because while HFS knows you completely on a soul level, you must yet learn to know him/her through your own experiences.

Good luck and please always feel free to contact me.

https://www.facebook...16937901704539/

Edited by effilang, 30 October 2016 - 07:24 AM.

Posted Image

#27 effilang

effilang

Xuan Daoji

• The Dao Bums
  • Pip
  • 1072 posts

Posted 29 October 2016 - 08:29 PM

Ooh, these are my favourite. We have one more new Dao Yu, the owner of the establishment! Congrats to Maggie M. for following her intuition. Maggie had initially declined to be initiated today, but later had a change of heart following everyone else's initiation reactions and some personal reflection. Welcome to Xiao Yao Pai : )

This is why I keep telling people; DON'T CLING TO THE TEACHINGS OF THE PAST. Daoism is alive HERE and NOW.

Experience it first hand and know without a shadow of a doubt! We might say a lot of stuff and make some relatively wild claims in XYP, but at least we can back it all up and we yet again have a testament to this! That is what our initiations are for. It is the proof behind our word.

I will post the new Dao Yu's testimonials after the US event is complete.

I just want to add that our golden aura also has a strong apotropaic function in addition to its capacity as a medium of transformation.

Its signature is regarded with the utmost of respect by cultivated spirits, immortals and other beings. It is like our uniform in the subtle realm which identifies us as students of Tai Shang Lao Jun.

It is a very high honour, so carry yourself with the integrity, humility, and wisdom it represents, or Hu Fa Shen will kick your ass in training! :P

Edited by effilang, 30 October 2016 - 07:26 AM.

Posted Image

#28 flowing hands

flowing hands

Dao Bum

• The Dao Bums
  • Pip
  • 739 posts

Posted 30 October 2016 - 02:44 AM

Tai Sung Lo Jun (Lei Erh Xian Shi) ?????

• SeekerOfHealing said thanks for this

#29 zerostao

zerostao

traveling cloud

• The Dao Bums
  • Pip
  • 7661 posts
  • Interests:Nature, elixirs, trees, herbs,flowers, weeds, harmony
    Spiritual Taoism

Posted 30 October 2016 - 10:49 AM

Tai Sung Lo Jun (Lei Erh Xian Shi) ?????

You two have met? I would like to see a thread about this shaman/taoist topic open up in Daoist discussion. I would follow it and contribute to it.

• effilang and Taoist Texts said thanks for this
live like an immortal
i am a brother to dragons and a companion of owls