Aetherous

The fake occult

Recently, Marina Abramovic's "spirit cooking" has been brought to the greater public's attention.

This involves artistic-ceremonies where she takes menstrual blood, semen, breast milk, etc...and paints with them, consumes them, possibly individual participants bleed themselves during it, etc. According to her, when done privately, it's an occult working.

I don't think this subforum has a catch-all thread for fake occultism, and the discussion of it...which I would say this is. Part of this would also include what people consider today to be the Illuminati.

It's interesting to consider that the black magic concerns of the public are really a cheap, unintelligent bastardization of Western occultism...perhaps entirely ineffective, merely ridiculous, and gross. Yet, the power hungry and corrupt (in entertainment and perhaps politics) flock to it, and thereby give it the appearance of legitimacy.

• Like 3

It's interesting to consider that the black magic concerns of the public are really a cheap, unintelligent bastardization of Western occultism...perhaps entirely ineffective, merely ridiculous, and gross.

I would venture that it was always just like that to begin with.

Yet, the power hungry and corrupt (in entertainment and perhaps politics) flock to it, and thereby give it the appearance of legitimacy.

Umm, no, no...the already very powerful and the very wealthy flock to it. May be they know something, otherwise why they are so rich if they are that stupid?

• Like 3

To me it's more of a bait and switch dynamic. Hollywood is run by people who are familiar with real occult... you can tell by the images and symbols they use in everything, as well as their understanding of subliminality. I've also heard quite a few insider tales over the years.

The blatant misrepresentations of the occult and their targeted audiences are purposeful in order to keep people in lower levels of consciousness (like fear or covetousness) so that the real power remains unseen. That's why most real occult belongs to lineages and secret groups.

It's basically one big slight of hand.

• Like 2

I've also heard quite a few insider tales over the years.

Will you say what they were? I suspect it's more of this same fake esoterism.

Recently, Marina Abramovic's "spirit cooking" has been brought to the greater public's attention.

This involves artistic-ceremonies where she takes menstrual blood, semen, breast milk, etc...and paints with them, consumes them, possibly individual participants bleed themselves during it, etc. According to her, when done privately, it's an occult working.

I don't think this subforum has a catch-all thread for fake occultism, and the discussion of it...which I would say this is. Part of this would also include what people consider today to be the Illuminati.

It's interesting to consider that the black magic concerns of the public are really a cheap, unintelligent bastardization of Western occultism...perhaps entirely ineffective, merely ridiculous, and gross. Yet, the power hungry and corrupt (in entertainment and perhaps politics) flock to it, and thereby give it the appearance of legitimacy.

Using erotic performances is not new in contemporary art. Without particularly searching this subject, I remember of an artist selling paintings made with her whole naked body in the 60s or 70s. A more recent example performance is a woman who was dropping eggs filled with paint from her vagina, while standing naked on two ladders. (I even found her with a fast Google search \o/: http://www.artfido.com/blog/plopegg-vagina-egg-paintings-by-artist-milo-moire-nsfw/ [NSFW])

Now, there are artists who are genuinely inspired by mystical themes. Of course, their art would not be interpreted as such in general.

Considering the "power hungry and corrupt" guys, I suppose you mean stuff like the "Bohemian Club", that is: occult more in the sense of "involving secret societies" rather than "mystically oriented".

There are  ?    

Those guys died long ago !     However, ' associates '   (of Parsons )  would have been into 'esoteric performance' .   It was of a different type though than outlined above ( which to me seems more like 'shock art', if anyone remembers that  ) , expressing esoteric themes  via dramatic ritual for public performance.   This is one of the oldest forms of the mysteries and represents part of the three tier system of teaching of 'mystery schools'  ;  1st.  the 'closed rites , initiations, secret societies / clans - the monks , the seriously devoted people that partake of the 'inner school' ,  2nd ,  some type of liturgical expression, a public enactment in ritual of some level of the mysteries, the congregation and clergy , sacraments and rites of passage   and 3rd the public rights festivities and celebrations, where the mysteries are enacted in public, usually based on mythological themes and 'festivities'  and the general public can participate in different ways . 

The 'Parsons factor'  had all three going, but the 3rd would have been the one most open to the public, in some places the tradition still operates, this is the source material for those rites ; 

http://hermetic.com/crowley/the-rites-of-eleusis/

Here is another book about Jack ; 

strange-angel.jpg

" . ROCKET SCIENTIST KILLED IN PASADENA EXPLOSION screamed the headline of the Los Angeles Times. John Parsons, a maverick rocketeer who helped transform the rocket from a derided sci-fi plotline into a reality, was at first mourned as a scientific prodigy. But reporters soon uncovered a more shocking story: Parsons had been a devotee of black magic . " 

http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/677288.Strange_Angel

Edited by Nungali
  • Like 3

Satan ?    Naaahhhh !

Jack was devoted to 'Nuit'  , the 'Queen of Space '      "To me ... to me ... "  she encouraged Jack .

Being a ' rocket scientist', he only had one avenue of 'ingress'  .   But he seems to have forgotten he would be required to 'give up all to achieve'  and be left as 'a little pile of dust '      . ;) 

Image result for Jack Parsons exploded laboritory

'Remains' of  home  lab after Jack dropped some Hg(CNO)₂   :o

• Like 1

.....  but,  was it really an accident    ?     Or was something else playing out in Jack's shed at the time ?    :) 

was

• Like 1

On 8/15/2017 at 8:32 PM, Nungali said:

Satan ?    Naaahhhh !

Jack was devoted to 'Nuit'  , the 'Queen of Space '      "To me ... to me ... "  she encouraged Jack .

I was trying to be funny by posting an image that was tangentially related and over the top.  I failed. 

On ‎8‎/‎15‎/‎2017 at 10:39 PM, Nungali said:

.....  but,  was it really an accident    ?     Or was something else playing out in Jack's shed at the time ?    :) 

was

Play with tetrazene or perchloric acid instead.  Mercury is on the EPA naughty list.

• Like 1

On 8/15/2017 at 1:58 PM, nohbody said:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTDb0XeiRqelzuTigz08iX

32 minutes ago, nohbody said:

I was trying to be funny by posting an image that was tangentially related and over the top.  I failed. 

Actually I loved it, and went so far as to track it to its source, a fellow who collects Marvel's Dr. Strange comics, which is why the format.  It reminded me of what "weird old uncle Al" said about the actions of Parsons and his buddy at the time, L. Ron Hubbard:

"Apparently Parsons and Hubbard or somebody is producing a moonchild. I get fairly frantic when I contemplate the idiocy of these louts."

—In a letter from Crowley to Karl Germer, re: their attempt to summon the Whore of Babylon (The Fairfield Project, Emphasis, though hardly needed, is mine ZYD)

I first read that quote sometime in the early 70s, and thought it was funny at the time.  I still think it is rather funny, but the intent of Parsons was to take the Liber Lunae, AKA, the novel Moonchild, literally and achieve the incarnation of some entity, not merely summon it, and that is what uncle Al considered lunacy.

So, bottom line, thanks to nohbody for that delightful post.  I have actually wanted to say that since it was posted, but I have been too busy.

ZYD

Edit: I decided to add the original post, it really is funny.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, nohbody said:

same here      :) 

9 hours ago, Brian said:

Play with tetrazene or perchloric acid instead.  Mercury is on the EPA naughty list.

You should read in that book, some of the stuff they got up to with explosives and attempts at rocket fuel  ! 

Its fun to blow stuff up  :)   Especially just outside the window of a scientific conference !

Also, seeings Jack was never qualified, except from home experiments as a lad and onwards, how the hell did he get a job like that !     He had a breakthrough re solid rocket fuel while watching guys pour asphalt  at road works  :D 

I had a mate that used like blowing stuff up for 'practical jokes'  .... he had to give it up, that sort of thing makes people ' nervous '  nowadays .

Image result for anti terroist squad

9 hours ago, Zhongyongdaoist said:

Actually I loved it, and went so far as to track it to its source, a fellow who collects Marvel's Dr. Strange comics, which is why the format.  It reminded me of what "weird old uncle Al" said about the actions of Parsons and his buddy at the time, L. Ron Hubbard:

I first read that quote sometime in the early 70s, and thought it was funny at the time.  I still think it is rather funny, but the intent of Parsons was to take the Liber Lunae, AKA, the novel Moonchild, literally and achieve the incarnation of some entity, not merely summon it, and that is what uncle Al considered lunacy.

So, bottom line, thanks to nohbody for that delightful post.  I have actually wanted to say that since it was posted, but I have been too busy.

ZYD

Edit: I decided to add the original post, it really is funny.

You would like the old Crowley comics then , cant quiet remember the name .... a part of the old 2000AD comics and a religious superhero called Cannon Fodder and the Blue Deacon, were battling the return of Crowley ( who ad appeared driving a sports car with 666 numberplates and a 'scarlet woman'  passenger . 

.....   couldn't find it.

But I think it is in this one;

Image result for 2000- ad comics - canon fodder

Crowley was v. unimpressed with Parson's magical work to date, and more so with  L . Ron  , he sacked Jack from being  Californian OTO Lodge Master.

Then there is the story about L. Ron and Jack's wife running off with his savings account and a yacht , Jack ran down to the shore and called up a thunderstorm and they were driven back to shore .... so the story goes.

But the reports go like this ;  Jack ran down the shore and called up the coast guard ( who went and caught them )  :D 

But, regarding  ' what uncle Al considered lunacy, re 'Moonchild working'      Do you think its the working itself , taking it literally, or because of who was doing it ?  It reads like ( to me ) you think it is  the 'creation of ' a Moonchild and not 'summoning' one , is what you think made AC think it was lunacy.

On 8/18/2017 at 3:09 PM, Zhongyongdaoist said:

re: their attempt to summon the Whore of Babylon

As an entertaining aside, it seems this is at the core of the TV show Twin Peaks...in case anyone hasn't been watching it.