18 replies to this topic

#17 Orion

Orion

Dao Bum

• The Dao Bums
  • Pip
  • 324 posts

Posted 20 November 2016 - 11:33 AM

I discovered that I had an underlying candida problem that I thought I had nixed in the beginning of summer. It has been affecting my absorption and probably my gut permeability. I'm going to try juicing again after this issue is dealt with.

Interesting re: beet juice, and also I never thought to add veggie juice to pre-made soup and then reheat. That's brilliant!

A friend who is a health practitioner recommended that I start taking digestive enzymes, a very basic supplement. I have always been wary of those but I decided to give it a go. A few days in I had some kind of herx reaction that is hard to define. My face broke out and I had scaly skin and flakiness appearing everywhere, but it didn't feel like a traditional herx die off. The reaction was very similar to what happened when I dove into the juicing, minus the blood sugar spikes.

I'm wondering if the enzymes have broken down something that has been inhibiting my digestion, like some kind of metabolic garbage. I have been eating cooked food for months and maybe I needed to re-introduce enzyme rich foods more slowly. My face is really clear now and even old scars are starting to turn pink and heal. I'm certainly absorbing better.

I'm celiac so I never eat gluten, and dairy is a no-go because of casein. I make home made kefir and separate the curds and whey so that I can use the whey for probiotic content here and there, but I can only do small doses. I used to be able to eat dairy and gluten no problem but since the gut issues of the past 3 years I have many food allergies.

Dysbiosis really is a B and it is the root of all my woes, but it was 7-8 years in the making so I'm not going to fix it overnight. This all started because I ignorantly took antibiotics while I was in China, vaccines before I went there, and then subsequently exposed myself to many gut infections from the poor sanitation there. I have been reeling ever since. I feel like my body has gone back to infancy in its gut development.

I was thinking recently about how mother's milk is part of what introduces the initial gut flora into an infant's body and initializes the digestion. I'm wondering if maybe somewhere down the line I should drink raw goat's milk or raw cow's milk to get a similar effect happening. I know how the immune system works though... the memory B cells that remember food allergies hang out in the bone marrow for years and even one exposure restarts the immune process all over again. So I'm concerned that if I suddenly do dairy again I might walk into an inflammatory situation.

Edited by Orion, 20 November 2016 - 11:37 AM.

• Taomeow, NATURE BEEING and Kar3n said thanks for this

#18 NATURE BEEING

NATURE BEEING

Dao Bum

• The Dao Bums
  • Pip
  • 76 posts

Posted 20 November 2016 - 01:00 PM

For a good gut flora i recommend smoothies with wildherbs (do not wash them) and make the smoothies really thin, also add some flaxseeds for the slime, its like a plaster for your stomach and gut.i also recommend papaya or even fermented papaya (smells like childrens poo) haha.Furthermore nutmilks which also ferment sour. Best wishes!

#19 blue eyed snake

blue eyed snake

slithering serpent

• The Dao Bums
  • Pip
  • 1140 posts
  • Interests:being

Posted 21 November 2016 - 08:22 AM

I was thinking recently about how mother's milk is part of what introduces the initial gut flora into an infant's body and initializes the digestion. I'm wondering if maybe somewhere down the line I should drink raw goat's milk or raw cow's milk to get a similar effect happening. I know how the immune system works though... the memory B cells that remember food allergies hang out in the bone marrow for years and even one exposure restarts the immune process all over again. So I'm concerned that if I suddenly do dairy again I might walk into an inflammatory situation.

you could try lactobacillus rhamnosus, that's a very important starter in a babies life.

er ..does some searching....

https://www.ncbi.nlm...pubmed/25760553

https://www.ncbi.nlm...pubmed/26617183

https://www.ncbi.nlm...pubmed/19447972

https://www.research...ent_in_children

love BES

There is only one truth, but it has many manifestations.

The mystery of life is not a problem to solve but a reality to experience.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users