42 replies to this topic

#33 Spotless

Spotless

Dao Bum

• The Dao Bums
  • Pip
  • 1942 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 08:27 PM

I had never heard about this association between behavioural problems and older mothers, and being an older mother myself I looked into it and found that older mothers actually have children with fewer behaviour problems if current studies are anything to go by, though the risk of chromosomal abnormalities and birth complications does increase.

New research has found children born to mothers in their mid-30s and above are less likely to have behavioural problems than those with younger mothers. http://www.abc.net.a...roblems/5964572[/size]
Older mothers are less likely to punish and scold their children while raising them, and that the children have fewer behavioral, social and emotional difficulties, according to a recent study. https://www.scienced...70321110352.htm [/size]
​[/size]
Also, infant mortality is not linear as you suggest. White women ages 12-24 have higher infant mortality rates as do 40+, with the lowest infant mortality rates occurring for the 25-39 year old group. [/size]
For Black women infant mortality is more linear, with younger mothers having lower infant mortality rates, though infant mortality even for young mothers is more than twice as high as any age white woman. In general these figures reflect the differences in the health of the mothers, not their age. See https://www.terpconn...ntMortality.pdf[/size]

Ages 12-24?
Your figures prove an arguement you have decided to win.

My wife and I had a child as older people - what I was relating to has nothing to do with upbringing - I was talking about normal statistical analysis.

If you look at average birth health from 18-24 you will find very healthy relationships to the babies health.
Physically and therefore also behaviorally as this effects the overall statistic since those with birth defects / variants often have associated behavior problems.
As women age the statistics for problems simply rise. From 39-45 their is a marked difference, beyond that the difference is very dramatic.

Now if you want to add in very young girls - ages 12-17 you are adding a group that will also have considerable complications.

But if you are comparing countries - which I was - Estonia for example does not have lots of 12 year olds giving birth - they have lots of women statistically younger as a group than the general group in the USA.

The general trend in the USA is that fewer teens and early 20 something women are giving birth and increasingly women in the 40+ category are having births. The stats for the 40-50 year olds have dramatic increases in complications.

Edited by Spotless, 19 April 2017 - 08:50 PM.

#34 liminal_luke

liminal_luke

Dao Bum

• The Dao Bums
  • Pip
  • 1895 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 09:49 PM

There are so many ways to be born into less-than-ideal circumstances.  Premature babies.  Babies by c-section.  Babies who are not breast fed.  Babies whose parents are addicts or impoverished or just emotionally immature or gone awol.  We grow up in lousy schools breathing polluted air and eating toxic food...and yet most of us survive.  Some of us find our way against great odds to places like Daobums where we learn about spiritual practices.  We learn how to breath and how to stand and how to let go of illusions.  

It`s all so very bad and yet I can`t help thinking we`re going to be OK. 

Edited by liminal_luke, 19 April 2017 - 09:50 PM.

• blue eyed snake and AussieTrees said thanks for this

#35 Bindi

Bindi

Dao Bum

• The Dao Bums
  • Pip
  • 979 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 09:53 PM

Ages 12-24?
Your figures prove an arguement you have decided to win.

My wife and I had a child as older people - what I was relating to has nothing to do with upbringing - I was talking about normal statistical analysis.

If you look at average birth health from 18-24 you will find very healthy relationships to the babies health.
Physically and therefore also behaviorally as this effects the overall statistic since those with birth defects / variants often have associated behavior problems.
As women age the statistics for problems simply rise. From 39-45 their is a marked difference, beyond that the difference is very dramatic.

Now if you want to add in very young girls - ages 12-17 you are adding a group that will also have considerable complications.

But if you are comparing countries - which I was - Estonia for example does not have lots of 12 year olds giving birth - they have lots of women statistically younger as a group than the general group in the USA.

The general trend in the USA is that fewer teens and early 20 something women are giving birth and increasingly women in the 40+ category are having births. The stats for the 40-50 year olds have dramatic increases in complications.

You initially referred to infant mortality. Statistically, infant mortality is higher for  white 18-24 year olds than for 25-39 year olds, no matter how counter-intuitive that might seem to be, but for black mothers statistically you're better off having babies younger. Even at 40 the white mother is still statistically better off than a young black mother.

fig2.jpg?w=660&h=480

Another surprising fact - it was surprisingly common to be an older mother in the early 1900's, maybe because there was no reliable birth control.

maternal-age-40-11.jpg

• gendao said thanks for this

#36 blue eyed snake

blue eyed snake

slithering serpent

• The Dao Bums
  • Pip
  • 1183 posts
  • Interests:being

Posted 20 April 2017 - 02:12 AM

err, were veering OT and entering an discussion that is of little if any use to the OP

whatever problems there may arise in different age- levels of mums, to whatever causes this

i think this discussion will not lead to  use for the original question. But I do find the several notions brought up here interesting.

my original remark about developmental problems with a correlation to IVF may have attributed to these posts.

last remark about this:

for me, a developmental problem means an inborn trait. So, not caused by the way a child is reared.

The remark of Spotless about the high stress levels going hand in hand when opting for IVF is useful. It has long been known that psychological stress during pregnancy correlates highly with inborn developmental problems.Regardless of the age of the mum. And, that may well mean that black mums have in genral a higher risk for this, as there circumstances are in general much more stressful/ full of unsafeties. But being European I can't really speak about this.

In Western Europe in general children of older mums ( but in the natural curve, so between 35-45) in general have a more balanced rearing than children of young mums ( say between 20-30) Psychologists attribute this to the fact that in general older mums are more balanced about life itself.

I would like the posts now to come back to my original question, I see that I'm not able to hide posts anymore, so I will ask you kindly to come back to the OP

I wonder what it means on the spiritual level,

for me, the making of a baby is a joining of bodies, energies and preferably spirits. but one way or another, a being not yet physical enters the action and starts to make a connection with father and mother. At that moment the twosome becomes a threesome, some people are aware of this.

then the new being sort of attaches itself to the energetic body of the mother to be, and i think that at the moment that the fetus is physically 'sound' this new body stats to enmesh itself with the small physical body. I think that these processes probably are not linear but sort of 'vague' a slow dipping into first the energetical body of the mother and later into the physical. Sort of slowly lowering vibrations, or something....

• cheya, Jeff, Spotless and 2 others said thanks
There is only one truth, but it has many manifestations.

The mystery of life is not a problem to solve but a reality to experience.

#37 Spotless

Spotless

Dao Bum

• The Dao Bums
  • Pip
  • 1942 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 03:56 AM

The being (baby being) is far more aggressive than one might think.

While it is not so able to do so much on the physical side (though it is able to effect it considerably) it is very able to affect the mother's thinking and feeling as it settles into a level of transmediumship that develops.

One of the key reasons for divorce among couples with new and young children is the strength of these "little" beings to take over and "own" their most key support person. The guy often feels shoved out the door - and in fact that is frequently what happens. Moreover- the woman has often been shoved out the door (of her own life) and it is often replaced with "living for the children".

From the perspective of looking at a being in a mother from conception to birth, the being is Very brightly involved from conception - even prior to conception, but upon conception and forward it is literally beaming in womb. These are not vague wispy beings slowly descending from the heavens into the feathers of the embrace of life in the womb - they are actually pretty aggressive - like - real aggressive and tenacious.

The adults are far more the group that is descending from the heavenly realms of trance to the concrete wonderful expansive grounding that - they are about to have a child - while they are thinking of names and furniture and logistics - the being has its new room already and it is fully furnished with the feeding tubes in place and growing - it is in the already underway world of We Have A Launch! It is all GO!

The being and its support beings along with the couples support and support beings all begin to work together. For a time to the being it is all about its new body - then it begins to establish more of a relationship to its hosts/mothers needs - but it is for the most part - all about "me", not in an identified way but in a completely instinctive and utterly self centered "feed me" "me,me,me,me,me" way.

The profundity of the spiritual aspects are all there in any conception - natural or IVF - the extreme excitement at the moment of conception is beyond words but the beings involved are absolutely not uninvolved or in some way only ephemeral shadows with hopeful glimmers in their eyes. In the natural instance their is a marked difference in the setting and the radical excitement of all those involved but the magic is not lost in a "procedure" - it is very different and transference is less heated - but overall the being is no less enthusiastic and no less of a tyrant of sorts.

Edited by Spotless, 20 April 2017 - 03:59 AM.

• liminal_luke, cheya, gendao and 1 other said thanks

#38 Jeff

Jeff

Focused on the moment

• The Dao Bums
  • Pip
  • 3422 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 04:05 AM

I wonder what it means on the spiritual level,
for me, the making of a baby is a joining of bodies, energies and preferably spirits. but one way or another, a being not yet physical enters the action and starts to make a connection with father and mother. At that moment the twosome becomes a threesome, some people are aware of this.

then the new being sort of attaches itself to the energetic body of the mother to be, and i think that at the moment that the fetus is physically 'sound' this new body stats to enmesh itself with the small physical body. I think that these processes probably are not linear but sort of 'vague' a slow dipping into first the energetical body of the mother and later into the physical. Sort of slowly lowering vibrations, or something....

A spiritual friend of mine had a very powerful experience with both the conception of his daughter and also contact during the pregnancy. Also, at about 6 months of the pregnancy, his unborn child gave him shaktipat that caused a huge opening with many visions.

Now five, she is energetically super powerful and open. Also, very impressive astral type vision.

In this case, my friend is convinced that the child picked the parents, not the other way around...
  • Daeluin, cheya, gendao and 1 other said thanks
No worries... I am only speaking on my own authority.

#39 Spotless

Spotless

Dao Bum

• The Dao Bums
  • Pip
  • 1942 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 07:23 AM

The child definitely picks the setting/parents but the parent(s) give consent. The being will have extensive counseling on its choice among its supporters. In my experience I remember one setting in which I was at a large table and we all sat around it discussing the possible choice - there was a debate as to the wisdom in it, certain "problems" that would occur, those who volunteered to see me through them and the subject of a "fit" with the parents.

It was obvious from this experience that considerable prior discussion had taken place - possibly not about this particular set of parents but about the general setting.

#40 Spotless

Spotless

Dao Bum

• The Dao Bums
  • Pip
  • 1942 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 07:37 AM

In the case of my son - I spent many months both before and after his birth meditating 3-6 hours every day in order to communicate with him, look at him and look at karmic connections. I also looked at agreements, set agreements and went over the whole idea of not taking over my wife. As it turned out we had many lifetimes together as close friends (fought lots of battles together) - he is a very robust and bright child.

If things had not been acceptable it would have been possible to find agreement with another being.
And this is actually the case several years. In some cultures it is said to be up to around the age of 7.

Edited by Spotless, 20 April 2017 - 07:43 AM.

• silent thunder and AussieTrees said thanks for this

#41 gendao

gendao

Dao Bum

• The Dao Bums
  • Pip
  • 4356 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 08:05 PM

The being (baby being) is far more aggressive than one might think.

While it is not so able to do so much on the physical side (though it is able to effect it considerably) it is very able to affect the mother's thinking and feeling as it settles into a level of transmediumship that develops.

One of the key reasons for divorce among couples with new and young children is the strength of these "little" beings to take over and "own" their most key support person. The guy often feels shoved out the door - and in fact that is frequently what happens. Moreover- the woman has often been shoved out the door (of her own life) and it is often replaced with "living for the children".

overall the being is no less enthusiastic and no less of a tyrant of sorts.

In the case of my son - I spent many months both before and after his birth meditating 3-6 hours every day in order to communicate with him, look at him and look at karmic connections. I also looked at agreements, set agreements and went over the whole idea of not taking over my wife. As it turned out we had many lifetimes together as close friends (fought lots of battles together) - he is a very robust and bright child.

So IOW, sounds like your son is a reincarnated frenemy who has been far more aggressive than you'd initially bargained for before, taken your friendship for granted and then pwned you, and probably stole your wife too on top of that. "No less of a tyrant in the end."

In effect, you were already competing with your own son out of fear of being usurped before he was even born - like Kronos & Zeus.

Gaia and Ouranos warned Kronos that one of his children would eventually overthrow him and become the foremost Immortal. To prevent that possibility, Kronos decided that he would swallow any children that Rheia bore.
Kronos did not suspect that an immortal child was being reared on Crete and he certainly didn't suspect that he had a child growing to manhood who would eventually confront him and challenge his authority.

Which you then generically projected onto all babies...

Well given this karmic "lose your life, lose your wife" pattern, of course you guys were bound to reincarnate together again! But this time around, you were so paranoid of the same behavior that you actually spent many, many hours beforehand setting up a prenatal "prenup" with him, lol. (Seriously, who else does that??? :blink:) Which of course I'm sure he'll honor and not reneg on as time passes by, just like in every lifetime before... :D ;)

Edited by gendao, 20 April 2017 - 10:00 PM.

Who looks outside, dreams; who looks inside, awakes. - Carl Jung
The ability to see in realtime that experience is not self is called enlightenment. - Kenneth Folk
Knowledge can be taught, but skill must be practiced.
Don't move the body - you train your Qi. Don't move your mind - you train your Spirit. - Fong Ha
I used to sit in full-lotus even on the can but there's not a lot of space in my bathroom. - drewhempel
It's easy for the mind to get confused but you can't fake the full lotus. - celibacyandsexualenergy

#42 Spotless

Spotless

Dao Bum

• The Dao Bums
  • Pip
  • 1942 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 12:06 AM

So IOW, sounds like your son is a reincarnated frenemy who has been far more aggressive than you'd initially bargained for before, taken your friendship for granted and then pwned you, and probably stole your wife too on top of that. "No less of a tyrant in the end."
In effect, you were already competing with your own son out of fear of being usurped before he was even born - like Kronos & Zeus.Which you then generically projected onto all babies...
Well given this karmic "lose your life, lose your wife" pattern, of course you guys were bound to reincarnate together again! But this time around, you were so paranoid of the same behavior that you actually spent many, many hours beforehand setting up a prenatal "prenup" with him, lol. (Seriously, who else does that??? :blink:) Which of course I'm sure he'll honor and not reneg on as time passes by, just like in every lifetime before... :D ;)

Quite an imagination - and a very good example of spiritual competition.
Try breathing deep before allowing reactive mind to loop out in splats.

This is also why one might want to employ the "ignore" feature found in settings ( it allows participants here to choose not to view certain posters that they no longer wish to view - at least not until that person is given the boot or eases up inside themselves).

Edited by Spotless, 21 April 2017 - 12:21 AM.

#43 Wu Ming Jen

Wu Ming Jen

Human No Name

• The Dao Bums
  • Pip
  • 794 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 11:59 AM

Babies are awesome! It would be nice to pick our cards but we need to play the hand we are dealt. 

Very young children are true masters.  

The true sage is child like, playful, non judgmental all the greatest qualities of being human. T

Love making and conception should be regarded as a divine ritual.

Edited by Wu Ming Jen, 21 April 2017 - 01:37 PM.

• Daeluin said thanks for this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users