#17 Taomeow

Taomeow

Dao Bum

• The Dao Bums
  • Pip
  • 6895 posts

Posted 25 January 2017 - 06:08 PM

Seeker,

Ah...  so information comes from sources dedicated to discrediting herbal medicine.  Not from herbalists.  Not from any people injured by curry.  Not from cancer survivors who took massive doses of curcurmin as part of the protocol.  OK, got it.   

In reality, the only lousy side effect of turmeric is, it's very staining.  You really have to think twice (something I didn't do and lived to regret) when subscribing to one of those Ayurvedic youtube channels and making all those facial masks with turmeric they are so fond of.  The instructions go, just remove it with coconut oil.  Yeah right.  From a beautiful dark Indian face on youtube it did disappear without a trace.  Try it on white skin...  not so fast.  Went to a party in yellow face a couple of weeks ago -- didn't see it in the light in which I was removing the goo from my face, saw it later in the host's mirror, with horror.  Yellow like the submarine.  Lesson learned. 

The rest is pretty much without merit.  Of course it is not a panacea, but it is not something "not to take" because it will "mask" the disease.  It does have anti-inflammatory, anticancer, and antioxidant properties, to name a few, and useful carotenoids, and even the pigment that stains so brutally in a facial mask also penetrates the cancer cell and can "stain" it into apoptosis...  These properties are enhanced if it is used as part of traditional Ayurvedic formulas, and are mild but not nonexistent when it is just used in cooking.  

Oh, and if you think herbs "do not heal very much," why does big pharma derive 85% of its drugs from herbs?  Except theirs are artificially altered on the molecular level for patentability (i.e. ownership) and produced synthetically (ibid.) but the original is herbal in 85% of the cases.  This includes the biggest and best drugs in the "modern" arsenal, the ones that actually cure certain diseases. The rest, the ones that don't heal, don't cure, but "manage" symptoms, are petroleum based.  That's all, folks.  Either herbal or petrochemical origin of everything that generates trillions of dollars for the drug companies.  What, did you think they invented the penicillin mold, or quinine tree bark (malaria remedy), or curare pepper mix (without which there's no modern anesthesia and no modern surgery)?..

Edited by Taomeow, 25 January 2017 - 06:19 PM.

• thelerner, liminal_luke, cheya and 4 others said thanks
>^..^<

#18 zerostao

zerostao

traveling cloud

• The Dao Bums
  • Pip
  • 7696 posts
  • Interests:Nature, elixirs, trees, herbs,flowers, weeds, harmony
    Spiritual Taoism

Posted 28 February 2017 - 06:37 AM

anyone tried rhodiola rosea?