Sign in to follow this  
dust

HyperNormalisation by Adam Curtis

HyperNormalisation by Adam Curtis presents a compelling, bizarre, and frightening narrative.

Without comment, for now, on how factual I believe the narrative to be, and how much is left out, even just watching the film as a mostly chronological stream of captured moments over the last few decades is surreal and disturbing.

It attempts to tie some important threads together, from 1975 to the present, in an explanation of how we reached this point -- Trump, Putin, Syria, Brexit, and the gods know what next.

___

I put this in WWW for one reason, with one rule: you must have actually watched the film in order to contribute. It will likely be obvious if you haven't. Anyone who hasn't, and especially who posts nonsense unrelated to the film in the belief that they know what they're commenting on, will have their comments hidden.

This is not to say that -- if you have watched it -- you cannot criticise it. Criticism is encouraged. Just make sure you know what you're criticising.

Edited by dustybeijing

Link provided yields Error 404  page not found for this luddite.

Thanks in advance.

Not sure why the link was funny! Sorry. Fixed.

Though I warn that anyone outside the UK probably won't be able to watch it on BBC iPlayer. (There are certainly other ways to find it, I'm sure, but I certainly don't want to encourage illegal behaviour ;) )

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this