Sign in to follow this  
DiamondEyE

where to start?

Purify your energy
  1. Build the energy
  2. Circulate the energy
  3. Purify the mind
  4. Tonify the body

Tree hugging - not sure exactly what you are doing, but I'd assuming mixing your energy with the trees. This is great at purifying, building and circulating your energy. If you do this enough you should have good results.

Vajrayana - you are likely doing a lot of visualization. Am I correct? A big practice on that path is assuming the form of a god. If this is what you are doing, then this should take care of much of the mental purification.

You can incorporate some practices such as chi kung to circulate and build the energy more, and also help to strengthen your physical body - which is remember intertwined with your energy. I've had good success with Spring Forest Chikung, and it's fairly cheap. You can also find free videos online.

Purify your energy

Build the energy

1. Circulate the energy
  2. Purify the mind
  3. Tonify the body

How do you that? At least one example will help

I recommend joining a system of some sort, or reading something maybe by Damo Mitchel - his books are pretty good for understanding these different parts. It's a lot for me to explain in one post.

Just keep in mind that these different parts are needed. There will be practices for each in most good systems.

Purification Energy

• Some practices are chikung (major forms like lifting the sky or raising the moon), possibly some pranayama or breathing exercises like alternate nostril, or even Wim Hof
  • In the beginning you might feel heat, sweat, move a little - signs of purification

Build Energy

• Practices that either bring energy in from outside or build it from within. Energy will also build in silent meditation. A good starting point could be simple belly breathing with a light focus on the stomach, hands on the knees. There are many, many ways to go about this.
  • You want to focus on purification of energy and lifestyle first, otherwise more energy will just be funneled into old habits and vices. Start slow.

Circulating Energy

• Microcosmic orbit, chikung such at Spring Forest or forms you can find in books, Damo Mitchel's books.
  • Need energy to circulate.

Tonify the Body

• It is important to get your physical body up to good health - exercise and take care of it. 
  • If your body is unhealthy then you likely don't have a lot of energy to work with, and over working it can make you more unhealthy since it can draw from the organs.

Purify the Mind

• Consecration of your motivations - be nice, joyful, helpful and try to be a good person
  • Detach yourself from major grievances, fears, hatred - you will release stored energy that you can use for practice
  • Your daily life consumes a lot of energy, mentally, emotionally and physically
  • Yogananda would say meditating only when sitting down for an hour is like taking 'one step forward and two steps backwards'

spiritmapper.com

Find, share and learn about Earth's most sacred destinations.

• Thanks 1

What can I do without a teacher?

Not that I don't want one, just can't afford extra expenditures at the moment. I'm in college and every dollar counts.

Anyway I was thinking of just doing Tree Hugging.

it's a good choice, but try to find somebody to learn basics at least to avoid various common mistakes...

You can learn from me.

I will tell you what is fake Dan dao and what is true Dan dao.

What can I do without a teacher?

Not that I don't want one, just can't afford extra expenditures at the moment. I'm in college and every dollar counts.

Anyway I was thinking of just doing Tree Hugging.

I do energy work but it's from the vajrayana tradition.

Wuji

I strongly, strongly suggest Wuji (am I spelling that right?) It's the exercise where you stand still...and do nothing else.

I struggled with Tree Hugging for months. With incredible discomfort and agitation I could force myself to hold the pose for a whopping 2 or 3 minutes before I was forced to call it quits for the day. One epiphany later, I made a resolution to return to the basics of qigong and master Wuji first. The results have been incredible. After one week of consistent practice, my Tree Hugging has instantly jumped to 5 minutes with relative ease and I am confident that I will reach the 10 minutes mark very soon.

I repeat, practice Wuji. With a solid base on that exercise, your Tree Hugging will exponentially improve and from that point feel free to venture on to ba duan jin or animal frolics or what have you.

I cannot over emphasize this. As a practitioner without a teacher, I have discovered that Wuji is THE starting point from which you master your energy and the practice of qigong.

Do not underestimate the potent power of this exercise. Do not overlook it or disregard it.

Master Wuji.

Best of luck to you friend, find your awesomeness

Peace

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this