Shad282

if you believe in it, it will exist or else nothing really exist?

Oh yeah, let's be like the old man who goes to the park to drink and watch the kids. Sarcasm. Is the earth round or flat? Who in the heck cares

I propose that we all rise up to Krishna consciousness, the awareness of little children.

We've had whole threads on that! One in particular stands out as quite memorable.

<rummage_rummage>

Ah!

{{CLICK_ME}}

Oh yeah, let's be like the old man who goes to the park to drink and watch the kids

THis is very dangerous kind of behaviour. The vigilant citizens will report such an old man as a likely paedophile and report him to police.

• Like 1

THis is very dangerous kind of behaviour. The vigilant citizens will report such an old man as a likely paedophile and report him to police.

Poor old aqualung.

Even your chair?

Yes. Periodically we must test/check those things we depend on to insure they are still capable of serving their designed purpose.

It is said that 'things are things because of mind'. Thoughts are (relative) things as much as rocks are (relative) things. No consciousness = no things as I understand it. If nothing in this reality really exists without consciousnes as a co-cause that would include both thoughts as well as rocks. Cause and effect. No beginning, no end. Even quantum physics seems to agree that consciousness affects the reality of things (Uncertainty Principle) Anyway, that is how I see it to be.

So let's see.  From this perspective - man began its evolution about 4 million years ago.  Accordingly the Earth did not exist for all those 4.5 billion years.  It required man's consciousness to cause the Earth to become real.

I don't think so.

Edited by Marblehead
  • Like 1

So let's see.  From this perspective - man began its evolution about 4 million years ago.  Accordingly the Earth not exist for all those 4.5 billion years.  It required man's consciousness to cause the Earth to become real.

I don't think so.

Not to mention the slight problem of coming up with the concept of a universe without even having a concept of existence. The fault lies in the way philosophers have dealt with consciousness. There is no such thing as a consciousness per se-that is a consciousness without something to be conscious of. Therefore no entity could concievably be conscious first of the fact that he is conscious and then grasp 'oh I am conscious of something'. You can only become aware you are conscious only after the fact of performing an act of consciousness. Only after you have become conscious of some-thing.

• Like 1

So let's see.  From this perspective - man began its evolution about 4 million years ago.  Accordingly the Earth did not exist for all those 4.5 billion years.  It required man's consciousness to cause the Earth to become real.

I don't think so.

Well I don't think so either. It required the interaction(s) of Absolute consciousness which always existed and potential(s) of what, can we call it energy? which also always existed in unmanist states for relative existence such as rocks and minds with relative consciousness to be brought into existence. Our relative consciousness however does seem to interact with existing potentials to allow change to occur to 'things'.

I can edit.

Well I don't think so either. It required the interaction(s) of Absolute consciousness which always existed and potential(s) of what, can we call it energy? which also always existed in unmanist states for relative existence such as rocks and minds with relative consciousness to be brought into existence. Our relative consciousness however does seem to interact with existing potentials to allow change to occur to 'things'.

Oh, that phrase, "Absolute consciousness", hurt me so badly.

The part about energy and potential didn't hurt at all though.

I can edit.

Oh, that phrase, "Absolute consciousness", hurt me so badly.

The part about energy and potential didn't hurt at all though.

Sorry about the loooong delay in answering. Had a good bit of karma to experience that took most of my time and attention for a while.

Yeah Marblehead, phrases can 'hurt', but only the relative consciousness, never Absolute Consciousness.

• Like 1