Albion

Life After Death? Life After Life?

The claims about Elisabeth Kubler-Ross and proof of life after death intrigued me, so I had a look. I can't do Akashic Records (bad karma, no doubt) so I looked online.

The main claim seems to be that a passed-on client visited EKR in a ghostly form, and actually wrote a physical note as proof she'd been there.

This is one of the reports. Most tell the same story, not all with the crucial coda.

Here's the final section:

"Ross kept the note and later told the story to many friends and associates. She considered having fingerprint and handwriting experts examine the note to see if they matched up with the fingerprints and handwriting of Mrs. Schwartz, but she never got around to it and eventually gave the note to the Rev. Renford Gaines. Researcher Boyce Batey later contacted Gaines, who had changed his name to Mwalimu Imara, in line with his African heritage, at the Boston Center for Religion and Psychotherapy, Inc. Imara informed Batey that because of various confidentiality concerns relative to Mrs. Schwartz and her family, he could not provide a copy of the note. However, he provided Batey with the exact wording, viz. “Hello there, Dropped in to see Dr. Ross. One of two on the top of my ‘list’. You being the other. I’ll never find or know anyone to take the place of you two. I want you to know, as I’ve told her, I’m at peace at home now. I want you to know you helped me. The simple Thank you is not enough. But please know how much I mean it. Thank you again. Mary Schwartz. ”

So despite this awesome proof, EKR never got around to having the handwriting verified. Then later the person allegedly in possession of the note refused to make it available to be seen. Hmm...

I do remember the road where the meeting happened. I've not been 'home' in over 11 years, you begin to forget street names after 11 years. The street runs in front of Barton Coliseum though. Elizabeth Kubler-Ross wrote about all of this in a 'Playboy Magazine' interview (in the mid 1970's). She DID NOT come out and say "I CAN PROVE there is life after death" in Playboy, but the interview was very interesting.

This was in a private setting, mostly filled with doctor's of various kinds (where I saw her speak), a lot of psychological, and psychiatric people of all kinds. You'll remember she asked everyone to turn off their tape recorders, and to not take photos while she talked ABOUT THIS SUBJECT.

There were people from all over the South Eastern United States there, maybe well over 200 to 300 people there.

I have a memory for WORDS. They have to be important, and meaningful, but I remember clearly a conversation that I had with a gal that I was that I was in Love with in 1977. Word-per-word.

Bash where my Dad was from, whatever. You're a mean person.

My Dad's family surname came from Dorset. 

This is the last thing that I'm saying about this subject. Period.

To present some sort of perhaps tangible proof.

I "died" for about 3 to 5 minutes. That's enough to mess up the brain's electricity big time.

I now have Central Sleep Apnea, caused by this NDE.

I use an Auto SV Bi-Pap sleep machine, it's "a lung" (more-or-less) that breathe's for you at night.

I got Central Sleep Apnea from this incident. That in all of YOUR minds, probably proves nothing. That's OK too.

I'm going to keep studying the Dao de Jing, Tai Chi, and Qi-Gong.

Mostly, to borrow a phrase I'm "a Laoist".

I should not have lost my temper over a person like this. That was wrong, And stupid.

This is my last post on this subject.

I'm thinking of leaving here all together, I've had enough mean-ness in my life to last forever, and I see no reason to put up with more.

Attacking someone's relatives as breeding within the family, when you don't really know shit about the family, is just that...... shitty and mean.

I hope that this thread produced something meaningful. If not, I can live with that too.

We're ALL "special snowflakes".   D.A.D.

P.S. The Director of the Crisis Center where I worked, his name was Gorton Hitte, he died in a motorcycle accident in Arkansas, in (I believe) in 1976 or '77.

I looked last night, his death certificate is online. It does NOT mention that he was a Crisis Center Director then, but it's there!

I wish you all well. D.A.D.

Edited by DifferentlyAbledDaoist

Bash where my Dad was from, whatever. You're a mean person.

I toned it down, but you're right, I am mean. My son's mother comes from Somerset too, which means my son also comes from there. Take it as a bit of fun poked at those who romanticise their ancestry.

Sorry to hear you suffer as a result of the NDE. That must be tough.

Are you well enough to do some QiGOng & standing practice. I find just 10 minutes makes a big difference.

Keep reading, keep practicing. Stick around: they aren't all as mean as me, and some of them have cool Taoist hats which they might show you.

Peace

Edited by laughingblade

***MODERTION NOTICE***

It is one thing to disagree and have a lively debate, but it is entirely another to be mean-spirited and call names as the both of you have here.

This is a friendly reminder that this forum has some rules about the sorts of things that are taking place in this thread. The two of you might review them, here.

• Like 3

I love that D.A.D. shared his out-of-the-ordinary experience; stories from direct personal experience make for inspiring reading. But this thread illustrates why most choose to keep their most profound spiritual events private -- some people take great joy exercising their skeptical abilities and not always in the most sensitive way.  For many of us, our deep spiritual life is the most vulnerable part of us, something we rightly treat with tender respect.

This is not to say that the conclusions D.A.D. draws from his experience are correct.  Or that there´s anything wrong with debating the issue.  But if you´re levitating or walking through walls or waking up after death, well, I´d think twice before posting a detailed account or, especially, a video.  Just sayin´. 

Edited by liminal_luke
  • Like 5

What if you cremate before that? faster energy release?

In Hindu tradition 11-13 days is the period after which last rites are done. Cremation is done within 24 hrs of death.

Then we have further ceremonies performed on the first year anniversary (auspicious date is determined astrologically).

• Like 1