smallsteps

What is the energetic cost of practicing Magic?

Also I would not classify OTO and Golden Dawn as magic too - they are results of misunderstanding

I appreciate everybody has their own opinions on this, but I do too: I think if anything is to be classed as magic at all, certainly those two magickal orders should be.

All energy one gives attention opens in their reality. It's more apparent in magick because people are paying attention and doing something on purpose, so they know how to correlate the reality and psychology results with their focus. But it happens to everyone; it's just that most people are oblivious.

IMO so-called magic is not about what we do, because these things are fundamental to our relationship with ourselves/universe; rather it's about what we do "intentionally (and hopefully with some control)."

Or as Crowley is so famously quoted as saying: "Why should you study and practice magick? Because you can't help doing it, and you had better do it well than badly."

RC

• Like 3

Or as Crowley is so famously quoted as saying: "Why should you study and practice magick? Because you can't help doing it, and you had better do it well than badly."

RC

Never heard this quote before. Lovely.  :wub:

I do not know nothing about modern magic.

There are only two types of magic.

Ceremonial magic which are related to the demons or higher intelligence (angles)

Sympathetic magic which works on the occult substance of herbs, gems, images etc.

They only cost to practice is right knowledge and tools which are costly. Side effects can appear from negative backslash of spells/spirits related to our workings - that's it. There is no other cost then our mistakes. Generally magic do not base on our energy, Qi, dan tiens and nothing like that. Magic is always based either on occult sympathy of things or being authoritative in the eyes of spirits. None of qigong, meditation, yoga etc. can affect magic because it's something different.

Any time I encounter someone saying "there are only n forms of X" my nature response is to say, "oh, really?"
  • Like 1

Magic is kind off like science, there are only forms limited to it's own mechanics. You can not "make up things" so there are only forms related to it's own mechanics.

Curiously, my perspective in making that comment was that of a scientist. While the scientist often uses absolutist language, assumptions are implied. When pressed, the fuller response should be along the lines of, "well, that's our current understanding..."

I can provide some specific examples if that would be helpful.

• Like 1

No worries. This topic is well research that we can go on with different theorem - like you have something happening and our understanding is limited to theorem but not to practical matters which are fixed to it's own mechanics. 

Edited by SeekerOfHealing