Sign in to follow this  
Shad282

Why did you choose this path and doing all these practices?

There is no other actual path.

-VonKrankenhaus

what do you mean :P ? people provide explanation to what you mean :P you make me feel like justin bieber ...  asking" what do you mean?". 

Don't worry too much about it. I do these kind of things because I've researched them, found practises I like, and I enjoy doing them. If you like them, stick with them, if not, don't.

• Like 2

My first answer was a wee bit abrupt for such a genuine question. 

The reason I said it was not a choice is based on my reaction to the teaching.

When I encountered my first cultivation teacher whom I instantly connected with on a profound level, it felt like waking up after a long sleep and I was absolutely going to return again and again... that's why I say it wasn't a choice.  It was compulsion, I simply, authentically and deeply wanted to participate all the time as often as possible.

In my youth I also wanted to be able to kick ass.

Now I want life as simple as possible and my focus is health and balance of emotional force. 

I have no desire for powers.  They seem to complicate things.

My teacher's abilities whenever they have shared them, seem to me, to cause their lives to be fill quickly with all sorts of what I, in my lazy natural state, consider to be major sources of pain in the ass distraction, rather than a benefit.

Wow!  That's amazing!  Teach me!  I want that!

Can you heal my ________?

I lost my _________ can you tell me where it is?

My ____ is swollen can you fix it?

I should note, my teachers were men of a stature I can't come close to emulating.  Their level of compassion and desire to help and serve far surpass my own and so the subsequent attention garnered by their show of powers is a blessing for them, in they have massive opportunity to benefit the lives of others.

Although, I have noticed that for all that, neither of them stay in any one place for extended periods of time... they tend to be moving targets... perhaps that's their balance.  (shrug)

All I know is that this way of life was one I fell into like gravity, or love.  I never sought it, just recognized how fortunate I was when I discovered myself mired hopefully within it.

I am selfish and want to heal and have a long happy life with my friends and family. 

edited: grammar goblins... again

Edited by silent thunder
  • Like 6

My first answer was a wee bit abrupt for such a genuine question. 

The reason I said it was not a choice is based on my reaction to the teaching.

When I encountered my first cultivation teacher whom I instantly connected with on a profound level, it felt like waking up after a long sleep and I was absolutely going to return again and again... that's why I say it wasn't a choice.  It was compulsion, I simply, authentically and deeply wanted to participate all the time as often as possible.

In my youth I also wanted to be able to kick ass.

Now I want life as simple as possible and my focus is health and balance of emotional force. 

I have no desire for powers.  They seem to complicate things.

My teacher's abilities whenever they have shared them, seem to me, to cause their lives to be fill quickly with all sorts of what I, in my lazy natural state, consider to be major sources of pain in the ass distraction, rather than a benefit.

Wow!  That's amazing!  Teach me!  I want that!

Can you heal my ________?

I lost my _________ can you tell me where it is?

My ____ is swollen can you fix it?

I should note, my teachers were men of a stature I can't come close to emulating.  Their level of compassion and desire to help and serve far surpass my own and so the subsequent attention garnered by their show of powers is a blessing for them, in they have massive opportunity to benefit the lives of others.

Although, I have noticed that for all that, neither of them stay in any one place for extended periods of time... they tend to be moving targets... perhaps that's there balance.  (shrug)

All I know is that this way of life was one I fell into like gravity, or love.  I never sought it, just recognized how fortunate I was when I discovered myself mired hopefully within it.

I am selfish and want to heal and have a long happy life with my friends and family. 

Nice, Loved your story. 

well for me.. i was around 9 yo when a friend of mine, drew the Ohm 3~. sign on sand.. telling me about what his sister is doing and practicing and such... i was astonished by it.. and i stayed in my mind all the time.. i used to like magic and powers and such and it felt like an access to something greater something wow to me....

with time, such teachings came irregularily into my life and started with discovering chi through psi ball (magic) hahaha.. lead me to feel the chi and the magnetic field... later on through the internet i learned qigong and mindfulness and etc... part of it, feels i was directed into that direction and other part is my choice to harness what i've been prepared to.... but i have no goal for it.. i mean i try to help people and such but it is not serving me in my own life as a purpose or something big.

• Like 1

Re:

-----

"what do you mean :P ? people provide explanation to what you mean :P you make me feel like justin bieber ...  asking" what do you mean?"."

-----

I meant this:

Do you see another?

If so - describe it.

-VonKrankenhaus

Re:

-----

"what do you mean :P ? people provide explanation to what you mean :P you make me feel like justin bieber ...  asking" what do you mean?"."

-----

I meant this:

Do you see another?

If so - describe it.

-VonKrankenhaus

There are countless of paths and each have its own practices to lead to the same thing.

your senses are the door to countless of paths  to reach the main goal: Happiness. that is what people are and were looking for, for many years (misery, suffering..). Many paths were walked to reach it, and many practices were created to serve you on the path you chose. 

a Musician could reach happiness/Nirvana through the music ears, a chef while making delicious plates out of love and passion (nose, tongue), a monk out of compassion and love through the mind/thoughts.. and others through multiple combinations of sensations as saying through multiple doors to life.

Do you think that taoism, buddhism or spirituality is the only path?

Edited by Shad282

There are countless of paths and each have its own practices to lead to the same thing.

your senses are the door to countless of paths  to reach the main goal: Happiness. that is what people are and were looking for, for many years (misery, suffering..). Many paths were walked to reach it, and many practices were created to serve you on the path you chose. 

a Musician could reach happiness/Nirvana through the music ears, a chef while making delicious plates out of love and passion (nose, tongue), a monk out of compassion and love through the mind/thoughts.. and others through multiple combinations of sensations as saying through multiple doors to life.

Do you think that taoism, buddhism or spirituality is the only path?

Please, define what is happiness...  Is it same as suffering?  No, you don't know what is Nirvana.  You need to have cultivated certain degree of samadhi to partially realize Nirvana.  The process may require several life times.  Really?  Yes, really.  That's why there are 3 vehicles or 3 paths to enlightenment because not everyone starts at the same level.   Getting high by listening to some music won't cut it.  That's the new age thinking.  You talk as if you know the path, but you don't.  Finally, most of us do follow certain established paths lay out by the ancient to some degrees.  So, our cultivations aren't some new age thinking about (do whatever hell you want and you can become enlightened).  The reality is not.  

Instead of arguing here...you need to go find your damn self.  I would recommend starting with your own life first.    

Please, define what is happiness...  Is it same as suffering?  No, you don't know what is Nirvana.  You need to have cultivated certain degree of samadhi to partially realize Nirvana.  The process may require several life times.  Really?  Yes, really.  That's why there are 3 vehicles or 3 paths to enlightenment because not everyone starts at the same level.   Getting high by listening to some music won't cut it.  That's the new age thinking.  You talk as if you know the path, but you don't.  Finally, most of us do follow certain established paths lay out by the ancient to some degrees.  So, our cultivations aren't some new age thinking about (do whatever hell you want and you can become enlightened).  The reality is not.  

Instead of arguing here...you need to go find your damn self.  I would recommend starting with your own life first.    

I know about your belief... and the vehicles, samadhi and the whole package and been practicing for a long time.

but just because you believe in samadhi and steps and vehicles and the only 3 paths of enlightenment doesn't mean it is the truth for everyone.. if you deeply understand the real teaching behind what you are talking about.. you would understand that these beliefs of cultivation and practices are just true in your own reality because these beliefs are there to help you see the illusions of the mind and reality and not add a new illusion (the only path/truth) that later on will end up to be your new mind prison.

the buddha, Lao tzu, said many times.. it is not the only path, it is one out of many and you make your own reality by altering your beliefs. If you read more about the buddha and lao tzu life.. you would realize that they never said in order to get enlightened you should only do this and that or else you would never get enlightened (only some followers said that). enlightenment is not the monopoly to only one path, Dogmatic thinking is.

• Like 1

I know about your belief... and the vehicles, samadhi and the whole package and been practicing for a long time.

but just because you believe in samadhi and steps and vehicles and the only 3 paths of enlightenment doesn't mean it is the truth for everyone.. if you deeply understand the real teaching behind what you are talking about.. you would understand that these beliefs of cultivation and practices are just true in your own reality because these beliefs are there to help you see the illusions of the mind and reality and not add a new illusion (the only path/truth) that later on will end up to be your new mind prison.

the buddha, Lao tzu, said many times.. it is not the only path, it is one out of many and you make your own reality by altering your beliefs. If you read more about the buddha and lao tzu life.. you would realize that they never said in order to get enlightened you should only do this and that or else you would never get enlightened (only some followers said that). enlightenment is not the monopoly to only one path, Dogmatic thinking is.

Yawn...is time for you to find yourself, instead of arguing with people who have walked this path long long before you were born.  :) 

same could be said of you...

Your words and experiences may hold true for you sir, or miss... but your projections of them are unwarranted and borderline abusive.

• Like 1

same could be said of you...

Your words and experiences may hold true for you sir, or miss... but your projections of them are unwarranted and borderline abusive.

Hey, you can say anything you want about me because I don't give a damn.  :)  I walked my path when there was no Internet or the Internet was not a big deal.  Information and guides were nonexistent.  My mind was never clouded with delusions and false paths because I didn't know I was on a path.  We are in a new age.  False paths are abundant  .  False views are everywhere.  I have no issues to pierce through ignorance.  None.....

Edited by ChiForce

It is a great boon to not care what I say.  I often don't care what I say either and frequently will tell myself to shut up in the middle of a long story.  But not now evidently.  I remain curious about your tone and your assumption of qualified judgment in the life of another?  Even as you so potently expressed that my comments about your actions are immune from your concern, yet you clearly display that what Miffymog or Shad shares about their own experience that is incongruent with your own, somehow triggers your need 'to pierce through ignorance'. 

No one knows another's path... I don't know yours.

My response is nothing but digital representations of letters on a screen, given cultural meanings through some vague communal agreement via the learning of language.

The reason my words do not hold weight in your mind is because I am not a qualified observer in your life.

These are the same reasons that your words hold no weight in Miffy or Shads... as you are unqualified as judge in theirs... the only reason I'm speaking at all here, is that I was engaged by your tone and belligerence.  So I'm not at odds with your words, nor you, but the energy you focused and sent with intent, via your projections of being a qualified judge.

It is a fine thing to offer your countering view to someone in the hopes of benefiting them when you have insight.

But to claim ownership of their truth and degrade them for theirs... well then I seek to pierce as well.

• Like 1

Re:

-----

"There are countless of paths and each have its own practices to lead to the same thing.

Do you think that taoism, buddhism or spirituality is the only path?"

-----

Those are not really paths.

You cannot go to a destination called "spirituality".

Or "materialism".

Is any path necessary to travel to attain "happiness"?

Or is that an illusion created by the distance one might feel from "happiness"?

If there was a "path" involved, did it not lead to a situation of seeking "happiness"?

Once seen, the "path" suggests "direction" and "reversal".

What "path" is "Nature" on?

The fools who think they saw it are now attempting to deconstruct it.

Human life is no different than Nature.

-VonKrankenhaus

• Like 1

It is a great boon to not care what I say.  I often don't care what I say either and frequently will tell myself to shut up in the middle of a long story.  But not now evidently.  I remain curious about your tone and your assumption of qualified judgment in the life of another?  Even as you so potently expressed that my comments about your actions are immune from your concern, yet you clearly display that what Miffymog or Shad shares about their own experience that is incongruent with your own, somehow triggers your need 'to pierce through ignorance'. 

My response is nothing but digital representations of letters on a screen, given cultural meanings through some vague communal agreement via the learning of language.

The reason my words do not hold weight in your mind is because I am not a qualified observer in your life.

These are the same reasons that your words hold no weight in Miffy or Shads... as you are unqualified as judge in theirs... the only reason I'm speaking at all here, is that I was engaged by your tone and belligerence.  So I'm not at odds with your words, nor you, but the energy you focused and sent with intent, via your projections of being a qualified judge.

It is a fine thing to offer your countering view to someone in the hopes of benefiting them when you have insight.

But to claim ownership of their truth and degrade them for theirs... well then I seek to pierce as well.

Oh,,,,,,my path is very simple, really.  To break through the skandha of form (took me 10 years of reflective thinking about my own life issues).  As a result, the kundalini energy awakened.  Only later I began to refine my energy by completing the MCO.  Since I realize my own Dharma within my own mind (not through books, not through reading and hearing the Buddhist scriptures and teaching), I am not bounded by any code of conduct from any particular lineage.  However, I do receive teaching, represented by various symbolic dreams, from various beings.

Here, you see how simple this is.....:)  

Don't bother yourself or waste your time on this. Allow them to be as they are and one day they will understand what you mean, at the right time, right situation. 

<3

• Like 1

Don't bother yourself or waste your time on this. Allow them to be as they are and one day they will understand what you mean, at the right time, right situation. 

<3

That's rich coming from someone who is actively seeking a path but not really on a path.  Your ideas of a path are those from youtube and blog pages.  :)  :)  LOL  Citing as source for information.  Oh dear.  That's rich. 

I think reading Twain's Life on the Mississippi is valuable, if only for his description of navigating an ever-changing river.

Few of us realize we are in one, fewer still that we are motive within it, even fewer that we manifest the changes. We are the river.

• Like 4

Yawn...is time for you to find yourself, instead of arguing with people who have walked this path long long before you were born.  :)

A toe stubbed at precisely the right time can lead to immediate and permanent Awakening.

"New Age" is not at all some dirty word or a fluffy idealistic load of crap - it is the shedding of shackles and an exuberance for looking at all in the Now. While some of it may be a bit out there - take a close look at a great deal of the Ancient stuff - often it is so encrusted with rules that it causes constipation by simply reading it.

You are not arguing here - you are in a circle jerk with yourself and the glorification of your illusions about your "pasts".

Lighten up

• Like 3

A toe stubbed at precisely the right time can lead to immediate and permanent Awakening.

"New Age" is not at all some dirty word or a fluffy idealistic load of crap - it is the shedding of shackles and an exuberance for looking at all in the Now. While some of it may be a bit out there - take a close look at a great deal of the Ancient stuff - often it is so encrusted with rules that it causes constipation by simply reading it.

You are not arguing here - you are in a circle jerk with yourself and the glorification of your illusions about your "pasts".

Lighten up

I love me some barefoot, stubbed toe, stepping on stones wu wei accupressure!

I only put on shoes when I absolutely have to... shoes to me, are much like lineages... they can soften the path a bit and may let me speed my walking rate, but they also act as a barrier of sorts between my process and path and when I slow down, I notice so much more anyways...

It's reassuring to see that someone else defends the term New Age.  All these highly touted and sacred held lineages have much to offer, but they also have much to avoid in my experience, particularly in the vein of the the unquestioning and robotic seeming manner of following another's path without critical thought or even active participation on some levels.

All the lineages that exist now, were once a path of New Age discovery, being created by a human treading a path not yet laid by any dogmatic truth.

We don't see the universe as it is... we see it as we are.

As such, where is the one vantage point of truth?

• Like 3

I love me some barefoot, stubbed toe, stepping on stones wu wei accupressure!

I only put on shoes when I absolutely have to... shoes to me, are much like lineages... they can soften the path a bit and may let me speed my walking rate, but they also act as a barrier of sorts between my process and path and when I slow down, I notice so much more anyways...

It's reassuring to see that someone else defends the term New Age.  All these highly touted and sacred held lineages have much to offer, but they also have much to avoid in my experience, particularly in the vein of the the unquestioning and robotic seeming manner of following another's path without critical thought or even active participation on some levels.

All the lineages that exist now, were once a path of New Age discovery, being created by a human treading a path not yet laid by any dogmatic truth.

We don't see the universe as it is... we see it as we are.

As such, where is the one vantage point of truth?

yes, everything evolves with time and everything apply to its Now. living by the dogmatism and rigidity of old paths that were in tune with their environment and time, Nows, is quiet not logic. Causing a lot of people change their Now, what is, to go isolate themselves, neglect all technologies and development and live in a traditional "Now" environment, the era of their beliefs and not actually use the knowledge and apply to our Now, of technology, social media.

The New age is trying to create, harmony, application of the knowledge in the Now we are in. 

Sign in to follow this