lessdaomorebum

I would like to delete my account

I have no one on ignore. I don't intend to use that. There is one person I want to put on ignore, but the reasons are that few of his posts are on topic, and many are not even coherent.

Edited by lessdaomorebum
  • Like 1

Marblehead, on the subject of patience and flexibility, the first thing that comes to mind is the practice of saying to every living being that annoys us or bothers us in any way that brings about the lesser emotions (and even to the ones who bring out the great emotions) "I love you, I'm sorry, please forgive me, thank you", otherwise known as the Ho'oponopono chant in Hawaii. Chanting it silently in our minds instead of thoughts like "Screw this guy!" or "I hate her!" and for every individual living being we encounter makes a difference after a few days,

I could definitely use it more myself, but I've found it works wonders if we are willing to give it a shot. I should definitely use more of it now too now that I'm thinking of quite a few people who have annoyed me recently. :D

• Like 2

Oh, I have considerable experience with the chronically mentally ill. ;)

Have you seen the movie? The Life of Brian?

Have to look it up Brian. I hope that you are in it. The Star in fact!  :-)

Have to look it up Brian. I hope that you are in it. The Star in fact! :-)

Oh, you might be surprised.

• Like 1

As someone who is usually hated by the masses, I'm sure many people here, I have some advice for you and anyone else (or even the masses) who feels like the forum is crappy...

Consider that what you perceive other people to be doing is just a mirror, providing a reflection for you to consider against your own actions. For instance, if you think the forum is filled with pushy people...that's a chance to ask yourself, "Am I pushy ever?" If it's filled with fools who know nothing, ask yourself if you truly know something!

These things we dislike, like this forum for some people, represent our stepping stones of spiritual growth. Our heart and mind contracts around them, and we squirm as a result...but real life demands that we face what we dislike. Even if we try to constantly live in pleasure, there is bound to be something soon on its way to ruin the party. No one gets away in this life without being confronted with some kind of pain. So our growth comes when we're able to accept the way things are and live with an open heart, not closing ourselves off...furthermore, to even contribute positively to the way things are, without pointing the finger of blame elsewhere. "When you point your finger, there are three pointing back at you".

If you're able to do these things, to grow spiritually by accepting with an open heart and having constructive criticism for yourself based off of the mirrors of other people, you will probably find that you have also become hated by the many. The fact of the matter: most people are full of shit, and they project it on everyone...misery loves company, so they only feel comfortable around those similar to them. If you've polished your mirror to perfection, they will see in you a big pile of shit, and will try to squirm away at the deepest level of who they are. The most straight forward people are the most hated...actually, feared.

So my message to you, whether you stay and learn, or go and unlearn...consider that what you feel and say about other people is something really beneficial you could reflect on regarding yourself, especially if it's negative...and that any time your heart closes off or squirms away from anything in life, it's a chance to see how you could open it fully again and keep it that way regardless of any circumstances...because that's the deciding factor in how well anyone is doing in their spiritual cultivation. In no school of thought do they say that closing down the heart represents progress.

This forum is a place that's only as good as the people who contribute to it. I personally love it here...we can find new systems of practice to explore, get insights from people with years of experience, come up against opposing viewpoints to broaden our minds. If the place isn't stimulating enough, why not share something you're stimulated by?

Edited by Aetherous
  • Like 3

That is how it is that the picture you chose to tag your identity is so humorous for me. I can just imagine the guy using your words to express his thoughts. It is incredibly funny. The guy looks like a few patients I have encountered in Elgin State Mental Hospital. :)

Okay Jim , stick this in your psychological pipe an smoke it ;

I have always thought of and imagined Brian to actually look like his 'Brian' pic.  ~ even though I know who that is ! 

Even when I saw a pic of him, I still liked the look of  'that' guy , but was a little disappointed  .... it wasnt the Brian I imagined him to be .

:D

- I do realize I have my own 'nuttiness '   :)

Edited by Nungali
  • Like 4

That is how it is that the picture you chose to tag your identity is so humorous for me. I can just imagine the guy using your words to express his thoughts. It is incredibly funny. The guy looks like a few patients I have encountered in Elgin State Mental Hospital. :)

actually the Brian in the picture , perhaps like some of the patients he reminds you off ..... are mostly victims of circumstances and other peoples crazy projections  :)

I´m not in a position to know personally, but I´ve always gotten a very public-service vibe from Dao Bums.

Guess it´s like anywhere: you discover who you enjoy talking with, who has something to teach you, whose opinion you respect -- and those are the people you hang with.  To the pit (metaphorically and/or literally) with everyone else.

Public service workers slack off and spend a lot of time on the internet    :)

• Like 1

Well, I am just about ready to deny lessdaomorebum permission to stop posting and/or leaving TheDaoBums.

He still has more work to do on patience and flexibility.

and here I was just about to ask how I could delete 

your account .  

;)

• Like 2

Okay Jim , stick this in your psychological pipe an smoke it ;

I have always thought of and imagined Brian to actually look like his 'Brian' pic.  ~ even though I know who that is ! 

Even when I saw a pic of him, I still liked the look of  'that' guy , but was a little disappointed  .... it wasnt the Brian I imagined him to be .

- I do realize I have my own 'nuttiness '   :)

I myself used to be lizard , ye know  *   , then I messed with some cute enochian goetic magician  here on DBs and I got turned into a camel for a while.  Lately I have been a vortex or a whirlwind of some kind. 

* that gives me an idea .....

• Like 1

Oh my God!  I just noticed the lizard in your pic. I think that my special name for you will be Lizard Man. Huh? What do you think? Like it?

• Like 1

and here I was just about to ask how I could delete 

your account .  

;)

Sorry my friend but I am beyond all your powers.

• Like 1

I have a love hate relationship with this forum. It's a way to pass the time when I have nothing to do, and every now and again I will stumble across an interesting post. 

What drives me a little bit up the wall is this.

You misquoted me in one of those quotes.

Actually, there is great flexibility for any member to start a thread of which they have total control of what others post into it.  I was opposed to this "controlling others" and still am but I can understand that there are those who wish for their discussion to be directly to the thread's topic and feel it is a burden and even a challenge when someone disagrees or goes off topic.

And even in "open" threads there is the "ignore" button if it is felt that a particular member is throwing our train of thought off.

But really, we all do not have the same capacities and capabilities.  We each are different in our own way (isn't that great?!?) and we have our own individual likes and dislikes not to mention our own needs.

This board is flexible enough so that everyone should be able to find other members with the same interests that we have so that we can have constructive discussions.

I really don't like seeing members leave because they had a conflict that they couldn't find a way to resolve.

And consider, we all are going to die and once we die very little of what we did while alive will really matter all that much.

• Like 2

It would be wonderful to start a topic about the requirements for refining Jing-Qi-Shen that doesn't get trolled. A topic explaining the truth about the MCO, and how it correlates to the dantian and its function. A thread that dispels all the myths related to the MCO.

Looking forward to it!

• Like 3

Some comments here, and one in a PM, have made me realize that at least before I listed out my grievances, some mistakenly thought I was leaving because of some spat with some one or some people. That is not the case. The number of dummies is the reason I was looking to leave.

I don't see why one should have to wait till 200 posts to be able to control one's own thread. If I want to know about qi and someone wants to post about tacos on my thread, why can't I just delete his useless post? Just say at the start of the thread that this is a controlled thread, and Marblesinthehead can skip that one :P

Otherwise, a thread that should have a few pages ends up with more than a dozen. Then no one reads most of it, thereby missing whatever useful information might be mixed in with several people's idiotic ramblings.

A fourth item I could have put in my answer to Wilfred's question on page one is related to what 小夢想 has been saying: people talking about things they don't know about.

Someone came on this thread who I had previously PMed about a practice he recommended on another thread. When I PMed him it turned out he does not really do that practice. He had done it a little in past. How ironic that he then comes to this thread to further confuse everyone.

On my chee thread, there were people telling me to do things I had very clearly said I had tried (and had explained what the issues were). Some of them were supposedly experienced practitioners, one even a well known teacher, but their posts on that thread were drivel -- and they never had the integrity to respond about their false advice (arrogant Confucians!).

I understand that for some people this is like going down to the pub and having a pint. The problem is that I am not the sort of person who goes down to the pub to have a point. I just don't feel I have that much time to waste. I have many interests, things that make me much happier than sitting on a stool in a smoky, loud room drinking poison with strangers. I come to a forum like this, or some forum that someone might want to start (any takers?), to be among other adults who are trying to do something.

If I went to a forum for playing piano, I wouldn't want people posting about a "key of C sandwich", or telling me about some technique for learning chords that they themselves don't use or have never tried, or just wasting my time with drivel that has nothing to do with playing the piano.

I would expect that people would only post if they had a certain level of knowledge or experience to go with their post. And if they don't abide by those rules, then for the sake of the integrity of the forum there needs to be a mechanism of ensuring quality control (warnings, deletions, et cetera). Otherwise a forum is just a pub full of pissed wankers.

Edited by lessdaomorebum
  • Like 2

It would be wonderful to start a topic about the requirements for refining Jing-Qi-Shen that doesn't get trolled. A topic explaining the truth about the MCO, and how it correlates to the dantian and its function. A thread that dispels all the myths related to the MCO. 

We have hundreds of different opinions on this site. A hundred people saying a different thing each doesn't mean there are a 100 correct answers. Just because a book says one thing, doesn't mean it's correct. Just because there are 10 different schools you believe to be genuine saying different things doesn't mean all 10 are correct. Chances are all 10 are wrong.

The fact of life is: what you do is the only thing that matters, not what other people do. It's impossible to control others. The right people for the message you have find you, and the wrong people for the message avoid hearing it. This is true whether you're shoving it down their throats or simply being another voice in the crowd.

Your last sentence here is especially correct, in my view. It's questionable that any school has the truth on a subject which was invented over time by different people. This is why there are a hundred different opinions...because all of this stuff about the MCO (which I think is simply neidan mixed with the medical tradition) has no concrete origin and truth. Of course schools will disagree with even that statement.

It's a good point you make that results are the key to knowing whether what you practice is real or not. For some, feeling vibration as a result of some visualization is the primary result they seek...and perhaps their methods have other results, like subtly improved health. For others, being able to make little shreds of paper fly around with their qi is the primary result.

What's the point of any of it?

Anyway...I personally appreciate your presence here, because you have respect for actual schools over training from Mantak Chia books. Such a person can help others. But they cannot convert every single person's opinion, at least not right away.

I don't see why one should have to wait till 200 posts to be able to control one's own thread. If I want to know about qi and someone wants to post about tacos on my thread, why can't I just delete his useless post?

Threads in the personal practice section are self moderated, so you can do that.

Someone came on this thread who I had previously PMed about a practice he recommended on another thread. When I PMed him it turned out he does not really do that practice. He had done it a little in past. How ironic that he then comes to this thread to further confuse everyone.

Pretty sure this was me. I recommended SFQ as a good practice for someone in a thread, and in PM also said that the version of MCO in SFQ is safe as compared to other ways.

Here's the thing: I have over 15 years of experience in these types of methods, from various schools' perspectives as well as from a Chinese Medical perspective. I practice other things, because in 15 years I discovered and progressed on to other things...that doesn't disqualify me from giving my opinion on something I know about. My experience qualifies me, which is why I spoke. Instead of someone who has less than a year experience with this stuff maybe who is just blabbing, I make sure that I have something worthwhile and true to contribute before posting.

Like I said in my previous post here...consider what you say about others. You say the forum is filled with dummies...that's what you see in your lens of perception (in the mirror). Use this as a chance to cultivate yourself, by asking if you're really more experienced and knowledgeable than the others here, to be able to say such a thing about them. If not...take a slice of humble pie, chew on it, grab a seat at the pub, and listen.

Edited by Aetherous
  • Like 1

Threads in the personal practice section are self moderated, so you can do that.

Pretty sure this was me. I recommended SFQ as a good practice for someone in a thread, and in PM also said that the version of MCO in SFQ is safe as compared to other ways.

Here's the thing: I have over 15 years of experience in these types of methods, from various schools' perspectives as well as from a Chinese Medical perspective. I practice other things, because in 15 years I discovered and progressed on to other things...that doesn't disqualify me from giving my opinion on something I know about. My experience qualifies me, which is why I spoke. Instead of someone who has less than a year experience with this stuff maybe who is just blabbing, I make sure that I have something worthwhile and true to contribute before posting.

Like I said in my previous post here...consider what you say about others. You say the forum is filled with dummies...that's what you see in your lens of perception (in the mirror). Use this as a chance to cultivate yourself, by asking if you're really more experienced and knowledgeable than the others here, to be able to say such a thing about them. If not...take a slice of humble pie, chew on it, grab a seat at the pub, and listen.

That is not what your PM suggested. There are people who have decades into this stuff who can't do squat, so it is not of any interest to me how long someone has been doing it. Can they do stuff? Some people play piano for many years and aren't any good (which is fine if they enjoy it), while others can play well in less time.

You and someone else here keep talking about mirrors and projection which is a way of saying, "I know you are but what am I!" By that way of thinking, we can never disagree with anyone or think anyone is being anything. That's just silly. I came here about chee. I have no interest in Buddhism or Daoism (other than yin/yang and wuwei, which I think is all there is in Daoism anyway).

Edited by lessdaomorebum
  • Like 1

That is not what your PM suggested.

Not sure what you mean, I posted here what was in the PM.

There are people who have decades into this stuff who can't do squat, so it is not of any interest to me how long someone has been doing it. Can they do stuff?

Of course someone actually practicing that long can "do stuff". If you're clear about what stuff you want to do, it will help in your cultivation. Then others will be saying "you can't do this stuff" but that's because you focused on doing that stuff, for good reasons.

You and someone else here keep talking about mirrors and projection which is a way of saying, "I know you are but what am I!" By that way of thinking, we can never disagree with anyone or think anyone is being anything. That's just silly.

It's not a way of deflecting insults...the insulting person is still there insulting you, and it doesn't protect your emotions from their comments aimed at you.

It's a way of spiritual cultivation, for two reasons: 1) It's human nature to tend to project our own shit onto others, without looking at ourselves...99% of the time, what we're saying negative about others is something we need to work on for our advancement. Also, if we don't reflect on ourselves, wise people look at us as being complete fools, because they see this mechanism clearly. 2) It helps us get out of the negative mode of mind to stop this outward projection onto others...becoming positive and open to everyone helps us advance spiritually.

I came here about chee.

It's good to be clear about what you're interested in: qi. If you focus on what you like, versus what you dislike, you'll enjoy yourself more. Other people might be speaking of spiritual platitudes which seem utterly meaningless to you...but perhaps later you'll be interested in those things.

It's good to be clear about what you're interested in: qi. If you focus on what you like, versus what you dislike, you'll enjoy yourself more. Other people might be speaking of spiritual platitudes which seem utterly meaningless to you...but perhaps later you'll be interested in those things.

Good view.  Worth repeating.

• Like 1

Agreed.  I think of Brian´s avatar as his "spirit pic."  It may not be what he actually looks like in so-called real life, but it captures who he is here well enough.  

• Like 1