Michael Sternbach

Moderator Subtraction

Today, I heard from my fellow moderator Wilfred that he decided to step down from this job.

I regret this while at the same time I respect his reasons.

Thank you, penguin, for your good volunteer work. It was fun collaborating with you!

2hs7x3k.gif

• Like 13

I was waiting for him to remove one last group PM to announce it.   Once that is done, I will change his group.

The one contribution that should be noted is that the Newcomer's Corner was his idea during a brainstorming we did for 'something new'.

That it was for newbie's made it appealing as we were trying to figure out how to encourage newbies to stick around and post more.  In terms of that goal, I think is has been successful.   I'm not sure if we shouldn't of adjusted Welcome to allow it but for now it seems a clean separation of threads and a nice addition.

• Like 7

thanks everyone, may the DB community continue to grow and prosper.

i'm off on a long retreat in a couple of weeks, good chance to get some fresh faces on the team.

you can always find me in the drift (the chat) :D

ok so it isn't this dramatic but i love the movie!

• Like 9

Apu’s lament

Apus-lament.png

“He slept, he stole, he was rude to the customers.
Still, there goes the best damn employee a convenience store forum ever had!”

• Like 4

Thanks Wilfred for all you have done.  I think it's amazing when people give up their time and energy to make this board a better place.  I think your contribution has been fantastic and it's a big shame that you felt you had to step down.

See you in chat Mr. Penguin.

• Like 4