Jim D.

Hillary and Trump

Yea... maybe future voting locations should be setup near a church or just in them  :P

Funny.  Mine is in a church.  Beautiful example of separation of church and state.

• Like 3

I don't know much about how the voting works, but it looks like a bit of a spanking - a greater majority than Brexit, this was not expected - well, not by most people.

True.  The establishment all along was pretending it couldn't happen.  Even when the results were coming in they were trying to deny the truth.

The majority of Americans wanted change.  We'll see what, if any, changes come about.

• Like 2

Funny.  Mine is in a church.  Beautiful example of separation of church and state.

Mine too :lol:

• Like 1

Congratulations but careful with what you wish for.   If there is any position he has that you like, you can be sure he been on both sides of it.   Trump has been cozy with the Clintons for years, sharing weddings and birthdays, giving money to Hillary's campaign, even $100,000 to the Clinton foundation.  He's recently said his 'locker room talks' with Bill were even worse then what was recorded. 

Fiscally he has called himself the King of debt.  His plan is Reaganesque, in that it lowers taxes (the 1% should save a million+ a year) and dramatically raises military spending.  Reagan left office with the debt 186% higher then when he started.  Independent economic think tanks show Trumps plan will raise the debt hugely, much more then Hillary's since she incorporated a tax raise.  

His plan to pay for this huge increase in debt is depending on 4% GDP growth which is very unlikely.  Taking into account trade wars with south America and China, achieving even the modest status quo may not be possible.  As a businessman  he commonly uses practices that would be considered corrupt (pay for play, bribes in hotels, golf courses) in the government world.  He throws in a habit under paying finished services by 20% and stating thats all he'll pay, if they want the agreed on price, they'll have to face his team of lawyers for years. 

People who watch his reality show may have a good view of him.  The rest of the world does not.  He is a highly disliked, even hated figure to the Muslim world, for his proposed (but changing) ban of Muslims in the U.S.  Likewise the South Americans, especially Mexicans have a similar hate/dislike.  He is considered a would be tin tyrant by most of Europe.  Internationally Russia is his biggest fan.

On the other hand.  He will be an enema to the system.  He might work to clear away the clutter and over regulation and that will help.  Ofcourse without a deft hand and understanding of unintended consequences slicing the fat easily becomes slicing an artery. 

Still no one knows the future.  He might be a very hands off president.  On the campaign trail he said he'd leave foreign and domestic policy to his vice president, which doesn't leave much else.  Conservative Pence might infact hold the real power.  With the right advisers and keeping his impulse control in check he might yet be a good leader.  We will see. 

• Like 4

http://www.infowars.com/hillary-supporters-burn-american-flag-riot-threaten-to-kill-trump-after-losing-election/

Hillary supporters show their true ugly face!

More proof that mostly the mentally ill and emotionally unstable voted for Hillary.

I hope that these criminally insane lunatics who call for murder will go straight to prison where they belong!

Hmm... Are we to conclude then that this kind of lurid and incentive "reasoning" is representative of Trump supporters?

Fact is, there are squallers and hooligans associated with both camps:

http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slatest/2016/03/02/a_list_of_violent_incidents_at_donald_trump_rallies_and_events.html

Obviously, we'll never know what incidences would have occurred, if Hillary would have won.

Interestingly, "The Simpsons" prophesied already in 1999 that Trump would become US president (and bankrupt the country).

https://twitter.com/donato_mia/status/796325742929936384

• Like 2

Congratulations but careful with what you wish for.   If there is any position he has that you like, you can be sure he been on both sides of it.   Trump has been cozy with the Clintons for years, sharing weddings and birthdays, giving money to Hillary's campaign, even $100,000 to the Clinton foundation.  He's recently said his 'locker room talks' with Bill were even worse then what was recorded. 

And why I think his first stage of an election run is over and he'll move on to the next stage of getting down to business and I seriously doubt that will include doing anything negative to the Clinton's.  Other's might want to or try to but I don't think he'll let himself get caught up in it. 

• Like 1

"The Simpsons" prophesied already in 1999 that Trump would become US president (and bankrupt the country).

Yeah, but Trump knows how to get out of bankruptcy.  He has done it before.

• Like 1

TRUMP!!! hahahaha. actually I really started rooting for him when on CNN at about 830 with 20 percent of the vote in and trump clearly in the lead they went on and on about how it wasnt looking good for him and that he would lose florida.. then the night went on.. voices started crackling... faces turned red... spin was in full effect. And I may or may not have been sexually aroused by it all.

• Like 5

Congratulations but careful with what you wish for. If there is any position he has that you like, you can be sure he been on both sides of it. Trump has been cozy with the Clintons for years, sharing weddings and birthdays, giving money to Hillary's campaign, even $100,000 to the Clinton foundation. He's recently said his 'locker room talks' with Bill were even worse then what was recorded.

Fiscally he has called himself the King of debt. His plan is Reaganesque, in that it lowers taxes (the 1% should save a million+ a year) and dramatically raises military spending. Reagan left office with the debt 186% higher then when he started. Independent economic think tanks show Trumps plan will raise the debt hugely, much more then Hillary's since she incorporated a tax raise.

His plan to pay for this huge increase in debt is depending on 4% GDP growth which is very unlikely. Taking into account trade wars with south America and China, achieving even the modest status quo may not be possible. As a businessman he commonly uses practices that would be considered corrupt (pay for play, bribes in hotels, golf courses) in the government world. He throws in a habit under paying finished services by 20% and stating thats all he'll pay, if they want the agreed on price, they'll have to face his team of lawyers for years.

People who watch his reality show may have a good view of him. The rest of the world does not. He is a highly disliked, even hated figure to the Muslim world, for his proposed (but changing) ban of Muslims in the U.S. Likewise the South Americans, especially Mexicans have a similar hate/dislike. He is considered a would be tin tyrant by most of Europe. Internationally Russia is his biggest fan.

On the other hand. He will be an enema to the system. He might work to clear away the clutter and over regulation and that will help. Ofcourse without a deft hand and understanding of unintended consequences slicing the fat easily becomes slicing an artery.

Still no one knows the future. He might be a very hands off president. On the campaign trail he said he'd leave foreign and domestic policy to his vice president, which doesn't leave much else. Conservative Pence might infact hold the real power. With the right advisers and keeping his impulse control in check he might yet be a good leader. We will see.

There is much in what you say that I agree. If his economic policies are as he has stated in his campaign then they are protectionist and statist ( infrastructure make work schemes like the New deal era).

I certainly wouldn't be concerned about Mexicans hating him, nor Russians liking him, the USA doesn't need friends, only allies that respect for its defences and enemies that fear them.

There is also the small matter of the GOP holding power - the false binary party politics is still the elite establishment and can still block anything he wants to do.

Time will tell if he can really make America great again, but he deserves an opportunity to try.

Edited by Karl
  • Like 3

There is much in what you say that I agree. If his economic policies are as he has stated in his campaign then they are protectionist and statist ( infrastructure make work schemes like the New deal era).

I certainly wouldn't be concerned about Mexicans hating him, nor Russians liking him, the USA doesn't need friends, only allies that respect for its defences and enemies that fear them.

There is also the small matter of the GOP holding power - the false binary party politics is still the elite establishment and can still block anything he wants to do.

Time will tell if he can really make America great again, but he deserves an opportunity to try.

Wise leaders make and keep friends, as well as avoid making enemies and reduce them (in peaceful ways!).

That's the best defence that one could wish for!

Edited by Michael Sternbach
  • Like 1

Wise leaders make and keep friends, as well as avoid making enemies and reduce them (in peaceful ways!).

That's the best defence that one could wish for!

Nope, what dismantles barriers is free trade between people in different countries. Presidents are leaders of an army, they might well act like ambassadors, but ultimately they represent the armed might of the nation.

Nope, what dismantles barriers is free trade between people in different countries. Presidents are leaders of an army, they might well act like ambassadors, but ultimately they represent the armed might of the nation.

not really, that is a limited and an old, traditional view of politics and diplomacy.

Diplomacy: the profession, activity, or skill of managing international relations.

Edited by Shad282
  • Like 2

“As democracy is perfected, the office of the President represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day, the plain folks of the land will reach their heart’s desire at last and the White House will be occupied by a downright fool and complete narcissistic moron.”

— H.L. Mencken, the Baltimore Evening Sun, July 26, 1920

So it was written, and so it has come to pass.

• Like 3

not really, that is a limited and an old, traditional view of politics and diplomacy.

Diplomacy: the profession, activity, or skill of managing international relations.

It's simple 'walk soft and carry a big stick' that's what presidents do. You aren't going to make friends with Assad, Gaddafi or Saddam by bombing the shit out of their countries. Presidents prefer peace to war, but the point of a president being the chief of an army is to project strength not friendship. Friendships are not personal, they are expedient alliances.

I hope it doesn't go the way of division that we are experiencing post Brexit. A divided country is not a happy country.

• Like 2

You have to understand that the media has convinced people that DT is so horrifically evil that if he got into office, jackboot nazi thugs would be going through the streets rounding up non-white people. I literally had people texting this sort of thing to me last night, deeply upset. So of course they are hysterical that he won. They really believe it's the end of the world.  RC

• Like 2

You have to understand that the media has convinced people that DT is so horrifically evil that if he got into office, jackboot nazi thugs would be going through the streets rounding up non-white people. I literally had people texting this sort of thing to me last night, deeply upset. So of course they are hysterical that he won. They really believe it's the end of the world.  RC

Actually, there is much video with him stating that he would deport Mexicans and Muslims. When a person running for POTUS makes outrageous and unlawful statements, I pay very careful attention. Not in the paranoid sense, but one of absolute distrust.

• Like 1

Actually, there is much video with him stating that he would deport Mexicans and Muslims. When a person running for POTUS makes outrageous and unlawful statements, I pay very careful attention. Not in the paranoid sense, but one of absolute distrust.

He said he would deport ILLEGAL Mexicans/Muslims so why not stop trying to create hate/fear where none need exist ? Illegal - have you understanding of that word ?

• Like 1

Can you please point me to a state or federal law that states it is illegal to deport people in this country illegally?

• Like 1

Can you please point me to a state or federal law that states it is illegal to deport people in this country illegally?

Taking sides again? I don't have time to lecture you or anyone as to the ramifications of such xenophobic actions. Read history and ask, why these actions have occurred over thousands of years and the long term problems. Further, if there are 12 million Mexicans here to be deported, the military and police forces required, are enormous. There are better ways to deal with this issue.

BTW, I never said it was illegal. You inferred such.