Sign in to follow this  
Shad282

Healing, how long does it last?

hey,

I have been noticing a lot of people i know who have done healings through different meditations or practices always had the issues come back when they are down or something.

It is like the pain from the past is still there but when u do healing you become more optimistic and present and in the moment and so u are less likely to feel or worry about that issue.

After time, this pain gets triggered and u are back into the same situation of feeling the same pain of the same issue coming back.

I had this problem.. even tho i know the issue, what happened and reasons and everything. when i m not in total focus and present and mindful.. this issue can be triggered back. for example:  if it is a pain related to confidence.. if i focus on it and heal it (myself or an important healer), it makes me feel more confident. but later on few months later it get triggered back.

healing and inner work seems like a pill to not feel the emotional pain and be happy but when this is gone all the pain is back. it is something noticeable among different people that participate in different practices meditations or qigongs and even with known important healers in their domains.

My question would be, how the problem/pain/issue or could be a craving, can be radically removed.. i know the memory of the past is still there, but the trigger of emotional string to stop and see it as it is ?

Thank you!

I think the fundamental source of lasting healing is a deep personal realization of acceptance. That does not mean a nihilistic giving up but rather an acknowledgement that things are a certain way. We can work towards changing them when the opportunity is there and we can be OK with ourselves even if we are unable to change things to meet our expectations or desires. It's related to having an insight into our true nature and the impermanent of all things. It's not an easy thing to do, especially when we are hurting, but is very powerful and worth some consideration.

• Like 5

Blockages related to harmful experiences get lodged into channels so when ever a similar experience comes up it rubs up against those blockages in your channels and triggers powerful negative emotions. 

If you have a particular experience that keeps coming up and has yet to be resolved, then you need to look into your body for the specific area where those blockages are located and manually dissolve through them. 

• Like 2

Healings are like a loosening. It loosens you up so that whatever is on the surface at that time gets dissolved. BUT since you're now looser it's easier for deeper things to bubble up. It will be obvious when perhaps you're in a bad mood for no reason, or something sets you off that wouldn't normally. It's just the deeper energy coming up. Just let it come and ride it out (ie: just let it do its own thing without clinging or rejecting it and it will dissolve by itself). It's a good thing in the long run.

I'm actually quite pleased when it happens.

• Like 4

Concentrate on a physical healing by a physical based therapist, or use exercise or iron shirt. Heal your body then you dont need to be as careful with your mind. This method suits me more.

• Like 1

My experience in myself and others is that healing can happen, but the problem emerged from how we live our lives, mentally and physically. After the healing, if you do not make major changes  in the antecedents, you will likely recreate the problem.

A personal example. Many years ago, I had developed an unhealthy obsession, an emotional story that I was very attached to, suffering greatly from, but also enjoying in a weird way. In the midst of this, I ended up at a workshop with Dirk Oellibrandt, a truly amazing energy healer. The workshop was off in the boonies and oddly, only 7 people showed up for it (he'd usually get 60 or so). I almost never volunteer for demos, but with the few people there, Dirk just told me to get on the table a number of times. The last time I was on the table, he told us that he was going to take something from (off) me, but that if I really wanted to get it back, I could get it back. I had not talked about this issue, or any issue, and had no idea what he was talking about. On the table, my body jumped around a lot, but I didn't actually feel much, and was kind of puzzled. 

Driving away from the workshop, I realized the push behind those obsessive thoughts was just gone. It had been months, and this felt so clear and light, just no push behind those thoughts at all. After a couple hours, though, I saw those thoughts, that story, starting to creep back in. They were weak, they didn't have much gas... but there they were. They were weak, and I suddenly understood what Dirk meant. Now I had a choice, feed it again, or let it go. With tremendous gratitude to Dirk, I was able to let it go. It was a semi permanent healing. I had to mobilize focus and healthy intent to make it permanent.

I see this in bodywork all the time. I can change someone's posture in a session, put the body more in line, even explain to folks how they got into the distortion, and how that distortion contributes to their pain. But if they don't change how they're using their body, which is, of course, largely if not totally unconscious, they will come back in next time with the same distortions... and the same pain.

Some healers, Rosalyn Bruyere for example, report amazing healings, healings that happen in workshops and are verified by the group. These may be permanent, we don't have any followup on what happens to the person next. Do they stay healed, does it recur, or do they develop some other problem? Rosalyn says the healer can lend the healee the healthy energetic matrix the healer has developed, a new template to initiate the remodeling of the energy system. Maybe this is what is needed for a healing to truly "take". I think this level of healing is fairly rare. But I do think it exists.

• Like 7

Most healing methodologies don't go deep enough which is why you will find problems often resurface. Significant issues may exist on the level of thought and emotion, but the juice or hook may go deeper than that into the karmic history and genetic history and the glue which holds it all in place is the sense of identity contained within the entire network. So many methods temporarily release the pressure from within an issue but often it just starts building up again, which can just maintain the cycle of resistance.

The deeper healing methods I know of work with both energy and consciousness, by bringing a "higher" or free level of consciousness to the deepest part of an issue it liberates the sense of identity contained within it, which sounds like an active doing but ultimately involves holding a place in complete acceptance or stillness. Clearing out on all the different levels it exists then removes the charge so even though the momentum of an issue still exists on the level of habit it is no longer is empowered or contain any energy so it eventually dissolves away. 

When anything separate is held in stillness it collapses into emptiness as it has nothing else in awareness to reflect its existence to maintain its identity, so it is always the emptiness which is the healer or liberator no matter what healing method is employed. You could say love is the healer but all love really is is allowing something to exist as it is without resistance, without insisting it changes, and the irony is that when something is allowed to be as it is it then changes. Resistance is always at the root of preventing anything from naturally transforming and the root of resistance is always a sense of identity, so usually why issues return is because ultimately we don't want to give it up. We haven't associated our negative experiences and suffering with the identity and don't see clearly its relationship, so we resent the suffering and try to get rid of it and heal it but don't want to give up its cause. 

Edited by Jetsun
  • Like 3

My experience in myself and others is that healing can happen, but the problem emerged from how we live our lives, mentally and physically. After the healing, if you do not make major changes  in the antecedents, you will likely recreate the problem.

A personal example. Many years ago, I had developed an unhealthy obsession, an emotional story that I was very attached to, suffering greatly from, but also enjoying in a weird way. In the midst of this, I ended up at a workshop with Dirk Oellibrandt, a truly amazing energy healer. The workshop was off in the boonies and oddly, only 7 people showed up for it (he'd usually get 60 or so). I almost never volunteer for demos, but with the few people there, Dirk just told me to get on the table a number of times. The last time I was on the table, he told us that he was going to take something from (off) me, but that if I really wanted to get it back, I could get it back. I had not talked about this issue, or any issue, and had no idea what he was talking about. On the table, my body jumped around a lot, but I didn't actually feel much, and was kind of puzzled. 

Driving away from the workshop, I realized the push behind those obsessive thoughts was just gone. It had been months, and this felt so clear and light, just no push behind those thoughts at all. After a couple hours, though, I saw those thoughts, that story, starting to creep back in. They were weak, they didn't have much gas... but there they were. They were weak, and I suddenly understood what Dirk meant. Now I had a choice, feed it again, or let it go. With tremendous gratitude to Dirk, I was able to let it go. It was a semi permanent healing. I had to mobilize focus and healthy intent to make it permanent.

I see this in bodywork all the time. I can change someone's posture in a session, put the body more in line, even explain to folks how they got into the distortion, and how that distortion contributes to their pain. But if they don't change how they're using their body, which is, of course, largely if not totally unconscious, they will come back in next time with the same distortions... and the same pain.

Some healers, Rosalyn Bruyere for example, report amazing healings, healings that happen in workshops and are verified by the group. These may be permanent, we don't have any followup on what happens to the person next. Do they stay healed, does it recur, or do they develop some other problem? Rosalyn says the healer can lend the healee the healthy energetic matrix the healer has developed, a new template to initiate the remodeling of the energy system. Maybe this is what is needed for a healing to truly "take". I think this level of healing is fairly rare. But I do think it exists.

I have heard of Dirk, he co-wrote a book with Mantak Chia too.

I think a lot of it has to do with habits. It's usually a habit that causes the health issue. Any injury then becomes a bit like RSI in a way. One can either remove the habit, or create a new habit which counteracts the old habit and helps balance the body. The new habit may allow for permanent healing so long as the new habit is continued, however the old habit is still often a problem later on and we may need to reduce this habit.

I think this is part of getting old. Our bodies can't keep up with the old habits and we need to change them or create new

• Like 2

You should read Candace Pert's book about her life as a scientist (Molecules of Emotion). She basically illustrates scientifically that the body is the mind in physical manifestation. Once you absorb this you realise that if you don't change your mental outlook on your issue, you don't heal completely because the root of it is still defective.

• Like 4

so i guess, u are saying that the healing is not permanent, it is always there, in the subconscious... but with healing u become aware of it and so it ceases to affect you... and it only affects u if you become unconscious and dwell into ur subconscious.

I guess it is similar to psychology, where they consider and alcoholic or other issues are always there and never get healed permanently because they consider that the patient is likely to go back to this behavior or issue if the environment was encouraging from stimulus, not being aware and subconscious take over or element of shock... etc.

Most healing methodologies don't go deep enough which is why you will find problems often resurface. Significant issues may exist on the level of thought and emotion, but the juice or hook may go deeper than that into the karmic history and genetic history and the glue which holds it all in place is the sense of identity contained within the entire network. So many methods temporarily release the pressure from within an issue but often it just starts building up again, which can just maintain the cycle of resistance.

The deeper healing methods I know of work with both energy and consciousness, by bringing a "higher" or free level of consciousness to the deepest part of an issue it liberates the sense of identity contained within it, which sounds like an active doing but ultimately involves holding a place in complete acceptance or stillness. Clearing out on all the different levels it exists then removes the charge so even though the momentum of an issue still exists on the level of habit it is no longer is empowered or contain any energy so it eventually dissolves away. 

When anything separate is held in stillness it collapses into emptiness as it has nothing else in awareness to reflect its existence to maintain its identity, so it is always the emptiness which is the healer or liberator no matter what healing method is employed. You could say love is the healer but all love really is is allowing something to exist as it is without resistance, without insisting it changes, and the irony is that when something is allowed to be as it is it then changes. Resistance is always at the root of preventing anything from naturally transforming and the root of resistance is always a sense of identity, so usually why issues return is because ultimately we don't want to give it up. We haven't associated our negative experiences and suffering with the identity and don't see clearly its relationship, so we resent the suffering and try to get rid of it and heal it but don't want to give up its cause. 

so I guess, It is more about maintaining consciousness and awareness as much as we can so we can be aware of the subconscious behavior, issue and problems. because when we dwell in subconscious and we are not aware they will take us in?

Also regarding the resistance it is true.. but the idea of not resisting comes from the space of wanting it to change that is why we are not resisting. same as allowing things to be.. because deep down there is a reason why u are allowing. for example, now reading it.. then i ll use allowing and non resistance path so allow the suffering because it will heal it (other way of saying it.. it is to get rid of it)... so i guess something is missing.. something must be done or so?

You should read Candace Pert's book about her life as a scientist (Molecules of Emotion). She basically illustrates scientifically that the body is the mind in physical manifestation. Once you absorb this you realise that if you don't change your mental outlook on your issue, you don't heal completely because the root of it is still defective.

Concentrate on a physical healing by a physical based therapist, or use exercise or iron shirt. Heal your body then you dont need to be as careful with your mind. This method suits me more.

Do you mean that watching the sensation, such is in vipassana and watching the itching pain, heat...etc with equanimity and allowing.. will heal the issues and mind stuff ? it is like the mind is using the body as a tool to register traumas and such ... like a phantom body of the physical body?

Thank you all for your answers !

• Like 1

Do you mean that watching the sensation, such is in vipassana and watching the itching pain, heat...etc with equanimity and allowing.. will heal the issues and mind stuff ? it is like the mind is using the body as a tool to register traumas and such ... like a phantom body of the physical body?

Thank you all for your answers !

I just mean like balanced exercise (Check out Resistance Stretching by Bob Cooley)

That stuff is pretty cool. Healing Tao healing sounds and just watching the breath is good too. And iron shirt. I think if one does enough of these the mental stuff works it's self out on it's own.

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this