meeks

Has anyone had a personal experience with any of the Hindu Deities?

I was wondering if anyone would be open to sharing some personal experiences with any of the Hindu Deities while meditating (or as part of their daily routine).

I'll start by sharing this one that happened a few months ago (which is why I started looking around and was referred to this web forum).

I had a sudden draw to find a Hindu temple to meditate at (rather than meditating at home each night) - turns out there's a Krishna temple about 10 minutes from my place. I emailed them for permission to meditate there before work and they readily invited me to come by any time (they open around 5am). So I started going there before work, around 5:30am and meditating for just over an hour each time. I could feel the presence of some (but not all) of the statues in the temple. The front of the temple has Lord Krishna, Goddess Raddha (his consort), the right side has Lord Shiva, Goddess Parvathi (his consort), Lord Ganesh, the left side of the temple has Lord Hanuman, Lord Balram, Lord Vishnu and Goddess Lakshmi (his consort).

That morning Lord Shiva had started working on me while I meditated (I think I was about a month into meditating at that temple, he had come to me the night before during a meditation and introduced himself to me). At the same time his wife (I did not know who she was at the time since she hadn't made her presence known to me yet and I was relatively new to the temple) started working on me in parallel with his efforts - I could also feel the amazing love the 2 of them shared with each other. Essentially, Lord Ganesh was behind me, Lord Shiva to my right and Goddess Parvathi to my left. 

In my inner vision I could see a red ball, the size of a ping pong ball, inside my head. A stem sprouted from it and began pushing through my forehead from the inside. The sensation was so intense I was gritting my teeth, but I just focused on trying to relax and not fight it. Suddenly the energetic stem pushed its way through my forehead and I could perceive a crimson flower bud through my forehead - but it didn't stop there.... the flower dialed open into a beautiful blossom... I could feel so much energy emanating from my body. I heard the Goddess Parvathi tell me to sit up on my knees, so I changed from a cross legged position. She then told me to hold my hands up, palms out, with the fingers of my left hand pointing to the floor, right hand fingers pointing to the ceiling.  "Did I hear you correctly?" I confirmed, since they'd never asked me to use a hand position before. "yes" she said. So I put my hands in that position, and suddenly I perceived a red flower grow from each palm, the same as the one I perceived from my forehead.

I could see the Goddess Parvathi reach into my head and touch the center (the pineal gland?) with her finger and all the energy 'collapsed' into a serene stillness, like a ripple extending from the center of a lake - I didn't realize how intense it was until everything fell still. I heard her say "that's better - it was getting too intense" and my body went from rigid to relaxed (again, didn't realize how intense it was).

I went to work and googled her, trying to figure out who she was (Like I said, at the time she hadn't introduced herself to me, and this was my first 'known' meditation with Lord Shiva. I found a picture of her online, and there it was, an image of a Goddess with a red rose on her forehead/3rd eye, and 1 in each palm, in the same position she had me place my palms in. Needless to say my mind was quite blown by the image of her, and the experience.

• Like 13

I have had one incident where I was given a vision of the universe being created from empty void. I was in a dark void, and suddenly I saw a blue egg crackling with electricity. It started spinning and in it I saw interchanging the vision of Lord Krishna and The Buddha. Each rotation revealed one or the other. The spinning became faster and faster and then the egg exploded. And the galaxies and stars shot out of it and flew past me.

In light of more recent spiritual understandings I guess it means something more than just the universe being created. I now understand it as the revelation that it all is nothing but an appearance to the eternal consciousness - the True Self.

• Like 4

This is of a Christian deity, not a Hindu one, but you all might find it interesting. Also, a friend had the experience, not me.

My friend grew up in a very abusive home, his dad was an aggressive alcoholic, and all three of his sisters were drug addicts. He became a Christian at a very young age, and eventually got his whole family to be church going Christians (his dad quit drinking completely when he got saved).

Well, one night when he was laying in bed, a man (who I believe was the Holy Spirit) appeared in his room, and put his hand over him, and said, "Behold the Holy Ghost." It was a baptism. Can you imagine being baptized by the Holy Spirit himself?

Mike said the man's eyes were filled with peace, and he had a long brown beard.

After the man baptized him, Mike's awareness went to the ceiling, and he was looking down on his body. He said he had ex-ray vision and could see his own bones.

I've always found this story very inspiring.

• Like 2

I know several people whom work with Ganesh and other Hindu Deities, but i have not worked with them myself. If you were drawn to work with them then there is likely a connection you have with them either from past lives or perhaps your nature is of a similar bent. 

You may consider doing offerings to help your relationships with these deities continue to grow and flourish. Working with spirits can be fun and rewarding on many levels.  :D

Edited by OldChi
  • Like 3

Thanks Old Chi - I was actually introduced to the Hindu deities after working/meditating with deities from a different pantheon for many years. One of the 'head' deities from the other pantheon said I had reached a point where it was time to move onto new things, and introduced me to one of the Hindu deities. From there, it was a gradual learning and introduction as I accomplished different aspects of my meditation work - sometimes I had to take a moment to google them when they came to me, as I knew very little about the Hindu deities back then. Often they simply say that the best way to honor them is to be diligent in my efforts (life choices, character, habits, meditation, healing work, being truthful, etc...) but every now and then I get the impression that a gift of flowers or some other item(s) are a nice added touch for something that was quite astonishing in our work together.

I have to admit though, they are a very pervasive part of my daily life, always right there when I have a question (and often popping in to give advice when I don't have a question). Best life ever...   :)

Edited by meeks
  • Like 3

Meeks- fascinating stuff!  Lately been getting more into Ayurveda, Vedic Astrology, and Hindu Deities. Would love to hear more about your experiences in this vein, particularly if you'd care to share what kinds of practices led up to these kinds of experiences.  Any resources you'd recommend for such practices?

• Like 2

I have had experiences with many of the Hindu gods and goddesses. The first was with Krishna. He felt kind of like liquid plasma stone. Super grounded in motion...

Best wishes.

• Like 3

I was wondering if anyone would be open to sharing some personal experiences with any of the Hindu Deities while meditating (or as part of their daily routine).

The front of the temple has Lord Krishna, Goddess Raddha (his consort), the right side has Lord Shiva, Goddess Parvathi (his consort), Lord Ganesh, the left side of the temple has Lord Hanuman, Lord Balram, Lord Vishnu and Goddess Lakshmi (his consort).

I have visited Shiva several times.   I found an 'Elder' group surrounding him, so I referred to them as "the Elders'.   The Elder group easily comes forward and lays a hand on visitors.  That is my experience. 

I did not have any past understand of the Hindu gods/goddess.   Your post hast made me realize or think that the 'Elders' are the group you describe.   I will plan to visit some others you mention in the group.

• Like 4

Meeks- fascinating stuff!  Lately been getting more into Ayurveda, Vedic Astrology, and Hindu Deities. Would love to hear more about your experiences in this vein, particularly if you'd care to share what kinds of practices led up to these kinds of experiences.  Any resources you'd recommend for such practices?

Honestly, I'd say find a Hindu temple that has an association with the Deity (or Deities) you want to associate your efforts with an go meditate there.  I found a Krishna temple online very near my home, emailed them to see if it was ok for me to go meditate before work (they open VERY early) and they invited me to come by any time. I didn't do their method of meditation (theirs involves repeating the names of Lord Krishna in a repeated fashion/mantra) and chose to do the meditation based on instruction from the deity himself... seems to be different if you can hear them, but probably also has a lot to do with what I am trying to accomplish with my meditation work.  Being at the temple, my meditations went from an average of 20 minutes (at my home) to over an hour each time (at the temple).  

They don't even need to be the primary deity (eg: I worked with Lord Shiva at the Lord Krishna temple) as long as there is a statue for them at the temple (Lord Shiva, Goddess Parvathi and Lord Ganesh are portrayed together on an altar to the right of the main altar there). But I always asked them (the deities) if it was okay to work with them at the temple first, then I'd also clear it with the main deity (in this case Lord Krishna) beforehand.  You might find they almost always say 'yes, of course' but it's still good protocol to ask first.

If you've never talked to them before, or never heard them before... simply go to a temple, sit on the floor (bring a cushion or often they have little mats as well), sit there quietly and introduce yourself to each of them. Talk to them about yourself, your life, and state your intentions to them.. ie: you're requesting the assistance/guidance with your meditation work (or life) and the type of meditation you are doing. Or simply that you place yourself in their hands and ask them to guide you through a meditation of their choosing. Pay attention to what you feel, and don't dismiss random thoughts or images in your head. Give a donation if you feel like it. Try the food if they have lunch. Find out the customs - I didn't realize there's a purification ritual where you drink the water that's been poured over the Krishna statue each morning, until someone showed me what they were doing - after over a month there. Now I try to follow those customs as well to honor the system... plus it tastes great and energetically feels amazing.

Edited by meeks
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Once about 13 years ago, i felt an extremely strong motivation to meditate in order to show i was sorry for something i had done. It was one of the longer sessions i had during that period, when i had good focus/motivation (not like now!), lasted about 3 hours.  Anyway, first of all i saw a nomad in a desert, then deep space and then from this space appeared 3 beings that were seated on buddha like thrones.  But they had turbans tilted to the side on.  They looked asian to me. One was in the middle and the other two were either side of him slightly behind. They seemed to be alive and after some time i got hit by a bolt of energy that struck me ramrod straight and really woke me up.  I dont know who they were, but they had a peaceful sense about them. 

Peace

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

What do you do if you introduce yourself and you get nothing back?

I ask this because sometimes I meditate and I see nothing, I feel nothing, I feel...disconnected from everyone and any type of supreme being. It almost seems pointless.

I certainly don't get any of the visuals that people describe, the colours, the white light, nada, always a pitch black void. I can sometimes feel something of great mass infront of me and I sometimes feel like I am in a pitch black tunnel but other than that....?

I wonder if meditating at a temple instead of my room would help?

Thank you

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I had an experience some years back about 2008.

I met a indigo bird creature with indigo flames coming off of it.

It told me to come near, where I burst into those indigo flames.

Then he shook me awake and I was never sure what had actually happened.

I think I hypothesised many different things but my focus from 2005 to then was Garuda meditations.

I know Garuda exists, but I doubt that it was him.  I mean what does Garuda do?

Does he also shoot indigo lasers out of his eyes?

Edit: After meditating on the experience I realized that the indigo phoenix like bird had some gold and other colors, green especially in the chest and red as well as white.  It was just that the indigo color was very intense.

Edited by TheWhiteRabbit
  • Like 2

Yes. Ganesh appeared to me, once, in a dream. It was over twenty years ago, but I'll never forget it. I was under the strong impression that wealth isn't necessarily material things. Please PM me, if you would know more.

• Like 4

for me personally, when stuff like that happens, I don't feel like introducing myself or asking anything. somehow there's some sort of knowing that just watching/witnessing it unfold is what i'm supposed to be doing. just fully experiencing what's being played without bringing in the mind into it and analyzing it. at times the mind can get overly curious like a dog running free in the park and then i throw it a bone to chew  in a corner and not interfere.

I certainly don't get any of the visuals that people describe, the colours, the white light, nada, always a pitch black void. I can sometimes feel something of great mass infront of me and I sometimes feel like I am in a pitch black tunnel but other than that....?

if you don't get visuals or visions or however you want to call them, it doesn't mean that nothing is happening. the pitch black void is just how what is happening looks for you. you may see it like having the monitor turned on or off while the comp is running. there are times when i purposefully turn off the 'visions monitor', because it would make me get in my own way. my curiosity and intention to decipher it while experiencing it kinda ruins it, slows it down or is overriding it. 

for me not setting an aim or purpose for my meditation bears most exotic fruits. when i just listen to the couch calling for me (or me for the couch) and i completely relax with no intention to have 'a great meditation session'. just relaxing into the meditation as it happens on it's own. what i mean to say is that while you are looking for lights, colors and beings with a message, you might overlook what is happening.

also, from my experience, stuff shows up or happens when is needed and it serves a purpose. i don't see it as personal achievements, more like signs on the road. some stretches of road don't need any signs, some need plenty. sometimes navigating without signs is what is needed to prepare one for their next steps.

that's for you to know. what would be different in a temple vs your room, that would make it easier for you to fully fall into yourself?

Thank you

Edited by words
  • Like 2

It's kind of an open secret, but the high level practitioners in Yoga (who've sought the religious side) seemed to be all about interacting with the Hindu Gods.  Go to an ashram, ask respectfully and you'll find all kinds of people, swami's and so forth who are on a first name basis with there chosen Entity. 

They'd go on at great lengths that the songs and prayers were specific introductions to the deity you chose and with the right practice, integrity and karma, you'd get personal answers and visits.

Not my cup of religion, but its a big world. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Seen from the eyes of someone who's practicing towards that (getting in touch with a deity/entity), all that is true, valid and valuable.

From where I am looking, is one speaking to itself, taking the most understandable form, or speaking in the most understandable language for the person within which that dialogue happens. something like...customized message/context/metaphor. 

I don't know if that makes sense in the way I word it. 

• Like 1

I began meditation today after my normal practice.
Today I tried to get intouch with the spirit I communicated with before in 2008.

A person this time of lean appearence and of oriental heiritage appeared, and he had a crown of golden feathers with a cabochron of some fire red stone in the center as the center stone of the crown.  His skin was indigo, a type of blue as i had seen before and some of his garments were gold.  This time his lips were bright red, which was different from the previous encounter (to which I inquired later in the encounter.) he whirled like a dhervish  into being much like a tornadic representation of some of my pakuachang flourishes of martial arts prowess.
I started to ask him a question.  What happened next shocked me beyond all belief.

He said "Time to show you who I am".  He grabbed my spirit and we took a trip up, up and out of the earth's atmosphere... We kept going farther up, out... At some point I felt like i was being ripped from my body.  Then it happened.  We left the solar system, the milky way... Entered some weird tunnel and things turned to liquid silver as though everything was liquid silver... out... Past a few nebula... Through another tunnel where everything turned to liquid silver again... Out, normal again and into another tunnel.. Then out again into an orange red sky and a golden lotus suspended in nothing.. I said "are we here?"  We entered one more small tunnel and everything turned to silver one last time.  Out... It was black at first.  I think he could sense that all of the traveling made me feel somewhat uneasy.  A sun or a star appeared and I saw a giant golden tree with green leaves all twisted like a bristlecone pine but with much more foliage.  He spun the tree and the star around a few times until I had shone a sense of peace and we both perched on the tree.

I asked him, why the red lipstick?  He wiped his lips and then said, "It was a test, to see if you passed." "Because you have been held back from accomplishing a great majority of things until this point.  Now that you know the true nature of everything and have gone beyond all the obstacles that have been designed to hold you back.  Now you know that the true reality is that some seek truth.  Others only enjoy meager existence in deceptions.  One of the only things left for you to understand, besides what you have come to know within the least few years is this:  That women are given to deception and lies, that is their nature because they are weak."

I became greatly disturbed at this realizing that he spoke the truth as well. "So, then we must simply accept the lies and support them from a firm position of truth."

"You have learned well.  That is why you have been held back from achieving great things and recieving recognition until now.  You are being sent back to Earth as the emissary of truth.  You will shine light into all of the dark places of the world.  It is your job now to re-write planet Earth as a planet of Truth once more."

At this point I fell to the ground and put my forehead on the ground and began to cry.  "Do not ask me to do this.  I have suffered enough already.  It is unimaginable the things I had to do to get myself back to where I was before.  Do you know what they do to people who speak truth now?  It is considered a hate crime."  I looked up.

Then he said, "That may not be true now.  It is all the things that have stopped you before that will not exist anymore.  For it is I that stood in your way, holding you back until now."
Then he changed form, one second he was Zeus, another second he was One-eyed Odin and back to his form.
"I am Indra, king of the Gods and you are great, that is why your name is great and will ever be great.  That is why your name is Grant.  Now step forward, I will return all of your knowledge to you."

At this point he stretched out his hand and a look of absolute anger came up into his face as his fingers spread out.  For a moment I was uncertain what he was about to do... Then his face softened and he changed his hand and took his thumb and touched a point between my third eye and directly above my right eye.  I saw pages and pages of sanskrit enter my mind... Explanations on coiled thought, concepts that I was never even aware of.

Then as quickly as it had begin, without further explanation he grabbed my spirit and said "It is timeto get you back to your body." This time we entered this wavy wide light green transparent tunnel.  "This tunnel goes only one way, for a reason.", he said.  I was just trying to wrap my head around all of this and we continued through the tunnel and I was back in my body quickly.  Before I knew it he was gone.  I went to look at myself in the mirror and I could still feel where he put his thumb.  It had to be one of the most profound experiences I have had.

I took some time to reflect on the events of my life and realizing that I felt held backfor the longest time, had given into the negativity.. Felt sorry for myself at some point then began reclaiming much of my former perceptions to arrive at this point and realized maybe it was true in some sense of the word but in some way seems so far fetched and beyond something that might be believeable.  In most cases I wonder why would I be chosen for something so vital.  I could die tomorrow... Or is it possible?  Why at my age?  Does the increase in health the past month mean something? I only seem to have more questions and sometimes enlightenment does not just give all the answers though things could just be as they are.

In a sense, it does seem like this changes some of how I feel about lying and deceptive people, making me more compassionate about these groups of people as well.  However, I still realize that the clouded nature of using deception as a vehicle for interaction causes a great number of problems.  We will see how this plays out in days to come.

Edit: Indra was my Ishta Devata.

2nd edit.  Edit had previously read Indra, remains Indra.  I plan to cover mantras and everything in my book.  

Edited by TheWhiteRabbit
  • Like 2

It's kind of an open secret, but the high level practitioners in Yoga (who've sought the religious side) seemed to be all about interacting with the Hindu Gods.  Go to an ashram, ask respectfully and you'll find all kinds of people, swami's and so forth who are on a first name basis with there chosen Entity. 

They'd go on at great lengths that the songs and prayers were specific introductions to the deity you chose and with the right practice, integrity and karma, you'd get personal answers and visits.

Not my cup of religion, but its a big world. 

Hindu practitioners are encouraged to have an "Ishta Devata" (or Deity of preference) with whom they can establish a personal relationship. This helps in the process of surrender. Some traditions are dualistic and always maintain the separation from their deity. Some other traditions are non-dual and they help the seeker worship their own Self via the deity.

• Like 4

Sharing my recent experience. My istha devata is Lord Shiva.

In bed, I was practicing Yoga Nidra and slipped into a vision/dream.  In a hot coal furnaces with white/red flames, I noticed a python burning in the fire.  First reaction from me was to panic and try saving this python and tried finding anything to pick it up.  Then I saw it's eyes which was black but very serene and reassuring.  I seemed to ask (non-verbal) if it's burning up but it said no and it's perfectly alright.  And then I saw it's body... it was made up of hot coal it was resting on.  I noticed my spinal column warming up while having this vision.  My interpretation of this entity is that it was a "Naga Deva" from underworld but somehow  connected to Kundalini. 

• Like 3

I ask this because sometimes I meditate and I see nothing, I feel nothing, I feel...disconnected from everyone and any type of supreme being. It almost seems pointless.

Thank you

I don't know if anyone answered to your post.  Can I ask what type of mediation that you are doing and for how long?

So-called "Shiva" is not a lord. He is Elohim. The Jewish people referred to him as "RaEL";

that is not going to happen anymore. Do not call him. He is a great demon (Deva).

Lord Ganesh is not a Maha Deva. He was an Elephant Man a long time ago.

Lord Hanuman (Siddhartha Gautama's clone) was never a "big bully". He hasn't been on the surface since 2400 years ago.

Parvathi is not to be contacted. She is the Goddess Selene. She is usually hired to restrain

an abusive person that has blinded another person in the past.

Do not contact these people. Most work for the illusion office (Parvathi doesn't work

for this office).

Edited by lino
  • Haha 1