Sign in to follow this  
mindtooloud

Hunter X Hunter

In the anime hunter X Hunter chi is used, my question is aimed to anyone who has watched it.

Are the things done in the anime possible in real life too?

• Like 2

Its a fun anime. But generally speaking i would say no. Its very difficult to influence gross physical reality with chi. 

• Like 2

There are abilities showcased in that show which may develop with practice

Such as when Gon masks his presence

and the one that goes in hand with this which is detecting other's presences. Usually by expanding your energetic field and being able to feel others inside.

Also picking up on "Intents" or strong emotions in the area around you.

When Gon and Killua train themselves to keep some awareness even when sleeping.

There are things like that that can develop when you hack into how your own mind/body connection works.

I agree with Old Chi though that the overt "Dragon Ball Z" type manipulations of energy generally aren't allowed/possible, but I wouldn't really see the point in those either.

I'm glad you posted this thread because I love Hunter X Hunter and how they deal with energy, seeing, and all that! Especially important is how the "types" of energy manipulation are organized, and each person having their own affinity-even though they can technically practice all the types.

Edited by Fate
  • Like 3

Its a fun anime. But generally speaking i would say no. Its very difficult to influence gross physical reality with chi. 

it is very difficult and no are two different things to me, which is it?

There are abilities showcased in that show which may develop with practice

Such as when Gon masks his presence

and the one that goes in hand with this which is detecting other's presences. Usually by expanding your energetic field and being able to feel others inside.

Also picking up on "Intents" or strong emotions in the area around you.

When Gon and Killua train themselves to keep some awareness even when sleeping.

There are things like that that can develop when you hack into how your own mind/body connection works.

I agree with Old Chi though that the overt "Dragon Ball Z" type manipulations of energy generally aren't allowed/possible, but I wouldn't really see the point in those either.

I'm glad you posted this thread because I love Hunter X Hunter and how they deal with energy, seeing, and all that! Especially important is how the "types" of energy manipulation are organized, and each person having their own affinity-even though they can technically practice all the types.

i mainly want to know if hardening an object with chi and manipulating it is possible like making a paper hard enoigh to slice through something

Sign in to follow this