Shad282

spiritual vs non-spiritual partner?

I m talkative and like to know more info and people's experience and their stuff :P

I read your original post earnestly and wanted to give you my personal feedback, sorry I kind of hijacked your post to respond to people who responded to you without really trying to go back.

On my side I have always been "weird" so I got used to not telling people. But I found that the "ordinary" persons I spoke to all had some kind of interest in the unseen. Mostly as long as I didn't put labels on it and kept to mainstream descriptions. Like dream instead of OOBE or laying of hands instead of reiki and so on.

Now when it comes to romantic partners, it depends what culture you circulate in. I was attracted physically to "white" men but had the same concerns as you. I befriended men of more "exotic" origins and found no problem at all communicating who and what I was, to them. I learnt this way to get attracted to guys I would not have considered before. Now my husband is Moroccan and he knows all about me and though Islam is not favorable of "shirk", culturally Moroccans are used to talk about different dimensions of reality and "djinn" and some even consider that extra-terrestrial life exists. His grandfather was a traditional healer and he is hurt that all his stuff got destroyed even though for the sake of his religion, Islam.

So he has tolerance and sympathy and even has his own premonitions and visits from ancestors in dreams. So he is never surprised at me.

Have you tried seeing guys from other cultures?

• Like 2

I read your original post earnestly and wanted to give you my personal feedback, sorry I kind of hijacked your post to respond to people who responded to you without really trying to go back.

On my side I have always been "weird" so I got used to not telling people. But I found that the "ordinary" persons I spoke to all had some kind of interest in the unseen. Mostly as long as I didn't put labels on it and kept to mainstream descriptions. Like dream instead of OOBE or laying of hands instead of reiki and so on.

Now when it comes to romantic partners, it depends what culture you circulate in. I was attracted physically to "white" men but had the same concerns as you. I befriended men of more "exotic" origins and found no problem at all communicating who and what I was, to them. I learnt this way to get attracted to guys I would not have considered before. Now my husband is Moroccan and he knows all about me and though Islam is not favorable of "shirk", culturally Moroccans are used to talk about different dimensions of reality and "djinn" and some even consider that extra-terrestrial life exists. His grandfather was a traditional healer and he is hurt that all his stuff got destroyed even though for the sake of his religion, Islam.

So he has tolerance and sympathy and even has his own premonitions and visits from ancestors in dreams. So he is never surprised at me.

Have you tried seeing guys from other cultures?

It is rare in my country to find someone from different culture... unless i travel.. so i guess no hehe.

I m not limiting myself but having my options open.

hey ! hope you are having a nice day! :)

As me being spiritual and believing in energy chi, meditating, and all the package that come with it, about life perspective and such, kinda causing me troubles in dating and finding a life partner.

The thing is where i live, it is less likely to find spiritual people that have such beliefs as me.

Many times while chatting or having a conversation with someone... once i open up about my beliefs and practices, that person either freaks out or start arguing and such about it and trying to prove things scientifically.

It is happening a lot, even tho. we had a good conversation and interests in each others, when this subject arises, kinda makes the connection and interest decrease.

and to be honest, i don't think i can be with someone who is going to fill me with doubts about my beliefs and experience with energy or with someone that makes me feel weird about what i do or at least not understand what i have interest in.

I m not sure if i m asking a lot, or i maybe i should limit my search to people who are spiritual only

you ever had this issue ? if you have a partner, is he/she spiritual too? 

One time I broke up with a girl because she wasn't "spiritual," and I ended up deeply regretting that choice.

I was much younger then, and I probably would not have done that these days.

The question is, what gives you joy? Would you be happy in a relationship with a partner who didn't share your beliefs?

There's no right or wrong answer.

It's just a matter of following your heart and doing what makes you happy.

Edited by roger
  • Like 2

Shad282,

There's a very sad true story I read about once that has to do with the kind of thing you're talking about.

There was a Christian woman who was going to marry a man, but she called it off because he wasn't Christian.

She ended up spending the rest of her life lonely and angry, even at God, because she never found another man.

She thought she was doing the right thing, what God wanted her to do. But the choice led to great sadness and misery.

• Like 1

Shad282,

There's a very sad true story I read about once that has to do with the kind of thing you're talking about.

There was a Christian woman who was going to marry a man, but she called it off because he wasn't Christian.

She ended up spending the rest of her life lonely and angry, even at God, because she never found another man.

She thought she was doing the right thing, what God wanted her to do. But the choice led to great sadness and misery.

i m not looking for someone who is religious or such.. just a spiritual understanding, who are able to accept and understand me and have a deep connection which is kind of spiritual to me.

Plus, she probably didn't find a partner and spent her life lonely, because she kept thinking of that man, and feeling bad and never was able to get over it and so she was not able to see and connect with new men. and not because she refused a person, which is wrong anyways.

Thanks.

Edited by Shad282
  • Like 1