Sign in to follow this  
vtrader125

strange feeling in head when in meditation

I don't know if this is normal but within a few minutes into a meditation I sometimes get a strange expanding cold feeling in the inner sides of my head. It feels like sinus sensation in my brain.

Is this normal?

Include whatever you are feeling into this basic mindfulness you are developing. 

If analysis is done of fleeting feelings, emotions, perceptions, then mindfulness is lost. 

The purpose of the practice is defeated. 

Back to square one again. 

:)

Mindfulness simply means being more aware than usual. What does 'being more aware' means? 

It means you will gradually observe and note things you have missed before. 

If we are to pause for analysing and deliberating every new observation, we might as well give up the practice altogether. 

• Like 3

Just basic mindfulness

Not enough info there.

What are you being mindful of?

Are you noting ( labeling thoughts, sensations etc) ?

What posture do you use?

Where did you get the practice? Which teacher?

vipassana, Goenka,  watch your head.. if there is a sensation.. cold, vibration, pulsation or whatever sensation.. just watch it, be aware of it, allow it to be as it... and don't dwell on it and it shall pass..

whatever arises, passes away... anicca, impermanence.

Enjoy.

Is it a tingly vibrating sensation ? Like the brain is pulsating pleasurable energy

• Like 1

In the same way that lSD increases activity in the brain in places not normally activated. So too does meditation. I would just allow those sensations to bring you more intimately mindful of your body and that moment

As you progress you will feel many things you have not felt before - including many things inside the head.

Do not worry about this and no need to label it - as many have said - just observe.

• Like 1

I don't know if this is normal but within a few minutes into a meditation I sometimes get a strange expanding cold feeling in the inner sides of my head. It feels like sinus sensation in my brain.

Is this normal?

stop using your sinuses to move air while in meditation - let go of them completely

figure out how to use your diaphragm and make it responsible for the movement of air (pull it from the crura that attach to the anterior lumbar/lower thoracic spine)

bring the flow of air beneath the threshold of turbulence in the airways

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this