I wondered why the Peruvian shaman was blowing cigarette smoke all over me.

Haven't smoked tobacco in years and years, but I do have a fond memory of some very nice organic grown leaf that a friend used to buy from a farmer she new.  It was very blonde and very tasty.  I would roll my own in those days, so no filter.  I had many a very lovely, satisfying, meditative, and enjoyable sessions with this tobacco.  A book, a bench, maybe some coffee.  The sunlight, the birds, the clouds.  Inhale, exhale.  The world went by.

I have respect for those who respect the tobacco leaf.  Or any other leaf for that matter.  

These days my leaf is steeped in water :)

I have a hankering for a fine, mellow, hand rolled cigar. It's a pity I can't afford one :-) Im shocked at the price of cigars these says . Almost £20 for a decent one :-0

It is a mystery. The poisonous plant has hidden medicinal uses that only reveal themselves to the long term user.

Well, nicotine is an herbal dewormer, that is not a mystery...

snuff works as well as any worming medicine you can get from a vat ... and It's probably a good deal safer to use than most such medicines. To rid your horse, cow, hog, or other large stock of parasites, here's all you have to do: Mix an ounce or so of snuff with a scoop of feed, give the mixture to your afflicted animal, and keep the beast penned up for most of the day. Within an hour of the feeding, the animal should begin to pass large, seething masses of stomach worms in its feces.

The advantage of worming with snuff is that while the tobacco acts to kill parasites, it's completely harmless to livestock. (in addition, tobacco's cathartic action causes the animal to pass the dead — and dying — worms out of its digestive system quickly

Ground tobacco, such as what’s found in chewing tobacco cans, is becoming a popular natural parasite remedy. It is very easy to make a homemade dewormer using chewing tobacco, and there are owners who claim it has worked wonders on all their animals, including sheep, horses, cattle, chickens, and even dogs and cats.

A word of caution though — tobacco contains nicotine, which can be very poisonous. In small doses, it harms only the worms, but in doses too large, it can make our animals very ill and even cause death. Be very careful when using tobacco, and if you’re not willing to take the risk, consider using a natural, tobacco-based product, and be sure to consult your veterinarian on the appropriate dose.

ebolaputsfoc.jpg

Tobacco is traditionally used for "purification".

Someone new comes to a settlement, and people take them into a small area and smoking tobacco.

Tobacco kills microbes and repels insects.

After some time, new person is "fumigated" and allowed into settlement.

Shamans say they see "tobacco worm" or "tobacco snake" in visions.

This worm or snake loves tobacco they say.

They are smoking leaves with tobacco worm eggs on them.

-VonKrankenhaus

• Like 1

Friend grew some .... I like it !     I might grow some next year. 

I like to smoke one's own home made, for a filter I use rolled up card  and make a long cigarette holder type filter, I snitch lotto cards for that, they are ideal and offered for free in trays at the newsagents   ^_^ . 

If I try smoking a 'normal' cigarette ... any type ... I start to wheeze and cough and put it out after a few puffs ... yuk , dont know how people do that !   :wacko:

( * warning ; product may contain radiation , poison , anti genetic materials and various bovine offal.      )  

But beware of people using this plant teacher as a cheap bonding.

It´s probably a good thing I´ve never smoked because I´m all about the cheap bonding.  I´d revel in the us-against-the-man commaraderie of all the bad boys and girls huddled outside in the cold because tobacco is not permitted inside.  I´d bum cigarrettes off cute guys and go around giving everybody lights. I´d feel smugly superior to all those self-righteous nonsmokers who don´t know how to have fun.   

Tobacco is traditionally used for "purification".

Someone new comes to a settlement, and people take them into a small area and smoking tobacco.

Tobacco kills microbes and repels insects.

After some time, new person is "fumigated" and allowed into settlement.

Shamans say they see "tobacco worm" or "tobacco snake" in visions.

This worm or snake loves tobacco they say.

They are smoking leaves with tobacco worm eggs on them.

-VonKrankenhaus

article-0-08655BBB000005DC-539_634x330.j

Edited by Brian
  • Like 1

I have a two traditionally made Lakota Chanunpa Pipes, one of them for over 25 years now, picked it up on my honeymoon.

In Southeastern Minnesota, they still carve the soft red pipestone in the traditional manner and grow the Kinni Kinnick, Cedar Sage and various other herbs, hand picked and dried in the traditional manner.

Regularly, I will stand on the balcony under the sky and offer my gratitude and high thoughts to the sky people as I light the pipe and offer it to any of those I love who happen to be with me at the time.  We pass it around and chat and share good conversation, or even better silence.  

Love and Blessings carried on the Wind.

• Like 1