juliank

Vegetarianism and the Spiritual Path

When any lifestyle change is initiated within spiritual circles, I find if we focus primarily on the impact on one's practice, and authentically share stories about that exclusively, the dialogue is much more illuminating and less prone to back and forth triggering.

I love this! Thank you.

:D Ever been to a Buddhist retreat? Makes for interesting observation should one be so inclined.  :ph34r:

Once at one of these retreats the master happened to cover this very topic wrt food consumption, and then uttered something like "Adopting a vegetarian diet does not mean the end of karmic accruements cos veges too have life forces connected somehow, including sentient life as well...", which must have sounded totally sacrilegious to the anti-meat eating camp, and that same evening a handful of them left as if disgusted. They totally missed the point i guess. 

My, such an obvious conclusion.  Plants are sentient beings too.  LOL LOL LOL..............  Is ok to eat them but not animals???  Is that a wrong view or what?  That's karma right there. 

In another note, I once head a voice in my dream/vision about not eating pork.  I have a close affinity to Judaism...I think.  However, I am not Jewish.  Can not explain why I heard a voice about not eating pork.  I eat meat but I don't crave meat.  Not a heavy meat eater.   

Meat..

sometimes it tastes good, filling, satisfying. 

Other times, I can taste the death in it.

• Like 1

Hi Bums,

Something inside is calling in vegetarianism into life.

This idea has been growing in consciousness for some time, and now it's time to act on it.

I would like to hear first hand accounts from Bums who have made this shift and how it has effected their spiritual practice, subtle body energetics, meditation capacity, stillness, or ability to channel and perceive qi/prana shakti.

I am not interested in a discussion about physical health or animal rights.

I am only interested in hearing the subjective experiences and stories of it's impact on people's spiritual and energetic life.

Looking forward to hearing your always valuable insights :)

A great deal of the energetics or frequncies of animal - meat based diet is carried forward - it enters our noise. We are far more automated genetically than we could possibly imagine. A great deal of what we assume is conditioning is in fact ancient instinct and pecking order. Meat contains this more elaborate frequency(ies).

As was said earlier - if it is a calling to this - listen to your Presence - it may be a calling to a permanent change or a temporary one.

Neither is a failing or a triumph - but it is a significant calling. Meat is entirely unnecessary - but B12 is and you should learn a bit about what vegetarian or more properly Vegan implies in order to maintain health - it is a simple but necessary component.

The effects of a Vegan diet are considerable for one "on the path" (though no one is not on the path in the broader sense).

A more intense practice will at some point bring this diet to you - the alternatives will fall away because "you" are in the process of falling away. The frequencies genetically carried forward by meat become loud, heavy and ungrounding.

In the initial stages it can be confusing - I mean this in the sense of the initial stages of practice - it may well be for years that meat is grounding but then gradually a transition will take place - it clearly starts to have a disruptive effect that is unclear at first. One may not come to understand what/why this is, but you will come to see that the busy-ness of meat is carried into your space by eating it.

The historical references to our diet as humans are of no concern here - they are unconscious ramblings in position and assumption - staying on topic to your request in the post above: a meatless diet - and one in fact devoid of animal will have considerable impact on frequencies with inertias of their own from interfering with those you are already working to disperse. Plants also carry these inertias but with far less insistence. Their energy is more mineral and bright crystalline - water. Meat carries its own fire and with regard to your request above - it blocks clarity and has a much more base energy (grounding for a time - blocking at a certain point and simply a mucking energy).

At a certain point eating and drinking altogether becomes relatively simple and less elaborate in our lives. Choices are fine friends in line with a remarkable happening.

Edited by Spotless
  • Like 2

hey Julian.

I really appreciate your approach: let's talk cultivation only, no philosophy, only pragmatism, for a complex matter:

Freshly cooked meat or fish contains what we can qualify as a crude YANG CHI:

Yang because turbulent and will easily pervades the whole body and will allow a functionnal body even if its energy body is impaired.

This kind of "pre-made" Yang Chi doesn't exist in the vegetal realm: we only have JING (denser energy, especially in black beans and all) which you can sublimate into a more refined yang chi via a running MCO and healthy body.

This generated Yang chi  will be way smoother than the one of the animals you eat and will allow generally a better spiritual practice with less "energy overload" .

A little test: If you can produce heat after a vegetarian meal then I think you are not haming yourself.

But if you are always cold, cold hands no libido and all: You need to reconsider your path and maybe not introducing vegetarian diet yet.

Edited by nickyro
  • Like 2