Sign in to follow this  
shanlung

I defend the right of owners to hide posts made in their thread without explanations

I defend the right of owners to hide posts made in their thread without explanations.

In the same manner, knowing owner hide a posting because of their preference, the poster can remove his posting left there in that thread so that his own posting will not be deleted.

Into a thread so started by himself where he can defend his turf in manner as he so wishes.

Idiotic Taoist all for proliferation of soap boxes.

I defend the right of owners to hide posts made in their thread without explanations.

In the same manner, knowing owner hide a posting because of their preference, the poster can remove his posting left there in that thread so that his own posting will not be deleted.

Into a thread so started by himself where he can defend his turf in manner as he so wishes.

Idiotic Taoist all for proliferation of soap boxes.

It is not based on preferences.  I think this is what happens when folks don't read the small print :)

'comments disabled'  

Why not just make 'pronunciati' then  ?

~  Idiotic sea cucumber spirit  against  the proliferation of monologue   ~  

I'm not really sure what you're talking about. So have edited this one out.

Why do I even bother to scroll down anymore..? Stick with Daoist Textual Studies, silly.

Edited by dustybeijing
  • Like 1

Sorry, I don't remember the exact rules (and I'm too lazy to check).  I think Dawei stated them recently.  In some sections the OP writer can hide posts on their thread but not in others, such as the 'main' discussion areas.   It's relatively new that OP writers had control.   Being able to edit out others is quite a bit of power.  Its nice to keep things ontrack, but editing out counter views can get tyrannical.

(Please correct me if I'm wrong) The compromise was to create a Wu Wei section that gave OP's the power to hide things.  People also have greater control in there PPD sections, from hiding unwanted posts to locking down threads.  In some ways they're the ideal place to have full control of conversation.   The problem is you don't the eyes and interest there, sometimes no one sees it. 

I think the board reached a pretty good compromise.  If you want more control go to Wu Wei or PPD.  Or like I've done ask nicely (mostly) for people to keep on subject.. sometimes it works, though its adds to aggravation when they don't.    But C'est la Vie, such is the cost of the electronic life. 

Edited by thelerner
  • Like 1

I thought Dr Strangelove will be a suitable mention for enlightened movies.

Especially so when Peter Sellers was brought up in an earlier post.  Considering Sellers played 4 roles in Strangelove, so I added my take.

For those who were born recently as as in 1969 and not known of the wonders of living in a world where red buttons could be pressed to send thousands megatons left and right and up and down, people like me were living in morbid fascination not if, but when that button would be pressed.  Strange to say, compare with life now, life that time was an oasis of peace with only proxie wars taking place with no suicide bombings in public.  Very civilised then.

BUT, the threat of megatons going off made for crazy living.

Until Dr Strangelove came.  Making us a lot more enlightened and loving the BOMB instead of fearing the BOMB.

But that must have gone against the good taste of the OP who saw it fit to burn or hide or delete what I wrote.

Which made me create my own soap box so I can write my enlightened movies without any future fears that being assessed by others if they are fit to be read and of being deleted.

I am almost inclined to bin anyone who chose to hide or burn or delete my postings.

And in future, I will be doing that for sure.

After all, if you do see it fit to delete my posts, I do not see why I should see any more of whatever the fuck you want to write.

Life is short, and it is up to me to keep my remaining life sweet and not have to indulge to see who can pee the furthest.

Edited by shanlung

I just went to a tread that said if anyone posts a critical side of the subject their post will be  " destroyed "  ! 

yeah .... right .

I knew it would devolve into this . 

So I immediately left without contribution or reading. 

I guess they thought they were smart when they put it in general ..... and dictating like that ....  but the rule changed  and the post got shoved up their  PP ...... good ! 

I have had a life of knowing what people devolve to.  And being told otherwise .  And watched new and more enlightened systems set up .  And then watch people take advantage and wreck it .    Im tired of that now.

The joy of when it does work has been in those little gaps in between, where it works for a moment, apart, isolated and with a few special people .... before others abuse it . 

I did go to a little village in new Zealand once, where they seemed to have it happening  ....   but I was only there for a day, and that was 30 years ago.   My travelling companion got excited about it, he realised he could rip them off !   Thats why I left after a day, to take the poison I bought with me away from those people.  When we got to the next city, I left him and continued my trip alone. 

Edited by Nungali
  • Like 3

When we got to the next city, I left him and continued my trip alone. 

Hehehe.  Yeah, some people are best left alone.

• Like 1

And when I returned home 3 months later , I heard the story about how nasty old Nungali had abandoned his travelling companion in a foreign and strange country  !      In  NZ    :D

Actually, I gave him another chance. At that city, he started clubbing and boozing, easily done at home, so why travel to do it ??? 
Then this girl he picked up wanted to know where he was  (as she was stupid enough to 'lend' him money. The , as he agreed to leave and get back to travelling the countryside, I said we would leave early the next day . We didnt as he had a hangover. 

On the third morning of that, I left without him .

Mean and nasty old Nungers .... letting his friends down like that  !  

{ Flash backs ... another time he looks at me like I am an idiot  "Why are you walking along the road like that ... like you have some disability ... no one will pick us up if you walk like that ."

"Well, I am walking like this because my backpack weighs a ton !  Actually , more heavy than usual , and more actually, you seem to have a light and free step  ....  and even more actually  ....   didnt you pack these packs this morning ?   Right !  Off with your pack ."

A struggle ensues as I empty his pack on the road side    :D   ... then mine .

Yep, he put every heavy item in my pack, and every light one in his .      :glare:

Edited by Nungali
  • Like 1

You picked such a fun and wise travelling companion.

You could have learned so much more about life , and perhaps got richer too, if you continued on your travel with him.

Consider the aggro to you  as your tuition fees for him showing you the ropes of how to get by and fleece others.

Idiotic Taoist always eager to learn

• Like 1

You picked such a fun and wise travelling companion.

Its like that saying about about really knowing someone until you live with them . Well, I had lived with him. 

"You never really know a flatmate until you travel with them. "

You could have learned so much more about life , and perhaps got richer too, if you continued on your travel with him.

Could I ?  

You are a funny guy !  

He wasnt travelling, that was the thing, just hanging around a city getting drunk and going to clubs. After I left him behind I went north, stayed at an amazing youth hostel, by the water, with a resident pet dolphin and  trawlers where I bought fish lobster and crabs direct from the fishermen for  BBQ, camped in a spot where I had all my food on hand ( kumara, berries, cress, mushrooms and trout ) picked up a  woman who was on the run from her husband and kids from a holiday resort and had sex with 3 times one night in a cow paddock .   Then I got picked up by Maoris , camped out with them by the lake, and they took me power boating in their friemds boat .... and .... and .... and . 

meanwhile said friend  who  " I could have learned so much about life from " was stuck at Auckland until his Mummy sent him money so he could back home as he spent all his money on alcohol and pretending to be rich . 

Consider the aggro to you  as your tuition fees for him showing you the ropes of how to get by and fleece others.

What aggro ?       

I already knew how to fleece others long before that, and I got and still get by fine all by my self. 

Oh yeah ,   after the guy I should have stuck with, got bailed out and went home, he ended up picking up a heroin habit. 

Idiotic Taoist always eager to learn

Idiotic seacumber spirit  thinking idiotic taoist might really be an idiot

Edited by Nungali
  • Like 1

'Fish lobsters' ? What's Fish Lobster precious. Is it a fish with claws, or a lobster with scales ?

I removed my comment because it didn't agree with what I intended to say.

I don't agree that what you have decided disagreed with what you intended to say, didn't actually agree with it.

I don't agree that what you have decided disagreed with what you intended to say, didn't actually agree with it.

Don't try to prevent me not saying what I didn't mean to say.  If you try I shall keep not saying it until I am given the right not to say it.

• Like 1

Don't try to prevent me not saying what I didn't mean to say.  If you try I shall keep not saying it until I am given the right not to say it.

Oh yes you don't.

Oh yes you don't.

I am personally offended by the word 'yes' in that sentence - how dare you oppress me with positivity!

• Like 1

I am personally offended by the word 'yes' in that sentence - how dare you oppress me with positivity!

Don't panic, seek you anti-micro positivism safe space Mr Mainwearing.

Its like that saying about about really knowing someone until you live with them . Well, I had lived with him. 

"You never really know a flatmate until you travel with them. "

Could I ?  

You are a funny guy !  

He wasnt travelling, that was the thing, just hanging around a city getting drunk and going to clubs. After I left him behind I went north, stayed at an amazing youth hostel, by the water, with a resident pet dolphin and  trawlers where I bought fish lobster and crabs direct from the fishermen for  BBQ, camped in a spot where I had all my food on hand ( kumara, berries, cress, mushrooms and trout ) picked up a  woman who was on the run from her husband and kids from a holiday resort and had sex with 3 times one night in a cow paddock .   Then I got picked up by Maoris , camped out with them by the lake, and they took me power boating in their friemds boat .... and .... and .... and . 

meanwhile said friend  who  " I could have learned so much about life from " was stuck at Auckland until his Mummy sent him money so he could back home as he spent all his money on alcohol and pretending to be rich . 

What aggro ?       

I already knew how to fleece others long before that, and I got and still get by fine all by my self. 

Oh yeah ,   after the guy I should have stuck with, got bailed out and went home, he ended up picking up a heroin habit. 

Idiotic seacumber spirit  thinking idiotic taoist might really be an idiot

You could have picked up from him interesting ways of throwing up!

There can be no limit and end to learning.

drunk-girl-toilet-vomit-294a1109071.jpg

nice+guy+kdrama+2012+still+%EC%84%B8%EC%

drunk-urinal.jpg

Ciggies a very good medium of exchange in many of my unplanned encounters.

One was when I exchanged that for coffee and roasted squid on the beach of Trengganu while waiting for huge leatherback turtles.

Plagiarised from  Turtle watching at Raz Al Jinz  Nov 2008

Great as this spectacle was that night, I could not help revisiting the memories I had of an even greater event. Very sadly, that event which I took for granted at that time, will never ever be repeated again.

That was back in 1969, the year I completed my A levels. I drove with a group of friends to Ratau Abang in Trengganu on the East Coast of Peninsula Malaysia late that year. That was in an old Ford Anglia, made much older by me and my friends, but gave us all as much if not more pleasure and fun than a Ferrari would have.

In that late evening, we found ourselves to be the only people on that beach, other than for 3-4 fishermen from a nearby village. They had a small fire brewing coffee and roasting cuttlefish. I exchanged my cigarettes for their coffee and cuttlefish and waited with them in convivial quiet conversations waiting for the leatherbacks to climb onto the beach.

My emotions at the first sight of those gigantic turtles as they came up was indescribable. They were huge. They appeared larger than the 3 meters that they were described to be. I felt I was in the presence of Volkswagen sized creatures. In rituals that they had done since time immemorial, climbing and setting the next generations of their kind on their birthing beaches.

Then with the 2nd, and the 3rd, and the 4th , and the 5th , they all crawled up to lay their eggs which were taken as they dropped by those fisher folks. There appeared to be no end of them and their tracks as they hauled themselves up the beach. I think we saw well over a hundred of them coming up and laying their eggs within the hour when the first started. In thoughtless stupidity of those times, we sat on those turtles without seemingly no impact on them when they moved back to the sea. We hold their flippers to be thrown effortlessly by them when they moved.

The hundreds was only the start of that night. And the tail end of the breeding season. How many more of them came before dawn broke we never would know.

About 7 years ago when I went to that beach again with some friends, there must have been 2000 people on that beach waiting to see those leatherbacks.

In what was the peak of their season, not a single leatherback appeared.

I do not blame the fisherfolks that night that took the eggs. They were simple kindly people surviving as best as they could. They did not eat all those eggs.

There is this advertisment on the TV. And the message that give is so meaningful. "If the buying stops, the killings will stop too."

After all, if you eat their eggs in the past, you robbed the future of their present. 

And if you discard your plastic bags , which washed down to the ocean and appeared like the jelly fish the leatherbacks feed on, they eat them. The plastic blocked their intestines and they die needless deaths. Because of the 'convenience' those throw-away plastic bags that offered us, less and less and less leatherbacks, and other creatures will appear for us and our children.

If we allowed unbridled 'developements' on seashore without proper environmental assessment because it is good to make money, Earth and her creatures pay the price first, followed by us and our children later on.

That evening in 1969 will never be repeated again. None in Malaysia will see those leatherbacks anymore other than in photographs.

And of exchanging ciggies with a tattooed tribal lady of the TaiYahChu tribe in PataKang  for a sip of her homemade wine up in the mountains  alongside of Taroko Gorge some time end of 1990

plagiarised from more fragments of Taiwan

One of them was said to be near one

hundred years old and looked like it. She have a broad black

band tattooed across her mouth. 

Fruits were Mandarin oranges and tiny hill peaches taken off the

orchard nearby. Flickering flames from a big wax torch lit up

the night while we glutted ourselves. The tattooed lady joined

us producing a bottle of rice wine. I bribed her with

cigarettes to get a share. It tasted so nice in that cool night

air. 

Idiotic Taoist wondering how to live like   an Idiotic sea cucumber

Sign in to follow this