Dao Bum

• The Dao Bums
  • Pip
  • 4327 posts
  • Interests:Practice

Posted 16 January 2016 - 10:03 AM

Behold the Metatron.

https://m.youtube.co...h?v=LAn5Hwb7Y94

Edited by OldChi, 16 January 2016 - 10:03 AM.

• thelerner said thanks for this

#18 Bodhicitta

Bodhicitta

Upasaka

• The Dao Bums
  • Pip
  • 179 posts

Posted 16 January 2016 - 10:59 AM

Blavatsky in her Theosophical Glossary writes about Metatron:

The name among the Jewish Kabbalists for the Dual Ego, called respectively: the Higher, Metatron, and the Lower, Samael. They are figured allegorically as the two inseparable companions of man through life, the one his Guardian Angel, the other his Evil Demon.

Buddhas proclaim the Dharma with one sound, each living being understands according to it kind.

Vimalakirti Sutra

#19 OldWolf

OldWolf

Dao Bum

• The Dao Bums
  • Pip
  • 4327 posts
  • Interests:Practice

Posted 16 December 2016 - 12:25 PM

He's come up in my meditations lately and seems to like offerings of Watermelon Tourmaline. He desires for you to take complete and unequivocal hold of your Godhood and bring your kingdom under your control. Lots of resonance around the Crown chakra IME. 

Edited by OldWolf, 16 December 2016 - 12:27 PM.

• Brian said thanks for this

#20 Brian

Brian

He's a very naughty boy!

• Steward+
  • Pip
  • 7624 posts

Posted 16 December 2016 - 12:56 PM

He's come up in my meditations lately and seems to like offerings of Watermelon Tourmaline. He desires for you to take complete and unequivocal hold of your Godhood and bring your kingdom under your control. Lots of resonance around the Crown chakra IME.

Yes.

Thank you.

Edited by Brian, 16 December 2016 - 12:59 PM.

"Bright blue his jacket is, and his boots are yellow."

#21 Michael Sternbach

Michael Sternbach

Star-Lord

• The Dao Bums
  • Pip
  • 2468 posts
  • Interests:Eastern and western metaphysics, astrology, holistic healing, martial arts, natural sciences, movies, dancing

Posted 16 December 2016 - 12:59 PM

That makes sense as Metatron is ruling the highest sephira in the Tree of Life, Kether ("crown").

• OldWolf and Brian said thanks for this

#22 Brian

Brian

He's a very naughty boy!

• Steward+
  • Pip
  • 7624 posts

Posted 16 December 2016 - 01:00 PM

Yes.

Thank you.

Watermelon tourmaline? Interesting.

#23 Apeiron&Peiron

Apeiron&Peiron

Clueless

• The Dao Bums
  • Pip
  • 1270 posts

Posted 16 December 2016 - 01:19 PM

https://crystal-cure...watermelon.html

• silent thunder said thanks for this
"The art of progress is to preserve order amid change and to preserve change amid order"

-A.N. Whitehead

#24 Brian

Brian

He's a very naughty boy!

• Steward+
  • Pip
  • 7624 posts

Posted 16 December 2016 - 01:23 PM

That makes sense as Metatron is ruling the highest sephira in the Tree of Life, Kether ("crown").

Through the crown, yes, but more the point above that which is not a single point -- if that makes sense.

Those who remember me creating this thread may remember a few others I created about the same time. I've done a bit of integrating and expanding since then. ;)
  • Daeluin said thanks for this

#25 Apeiron&Peiron

Apeiron&Peiron

Clueless

• The Dao Bums
  • Pip
  • 1270 posts

Posted 16 December 2016 - 01:23 PM

Expanding asymptotically instead of to a point?

"The art of progress is to preserve order amid change and to preserve change amid order"

-A.N. Whitehead

#26 Brian

Brian

He's a very naughty boy!

• Steward+
  • Pip
  • 7624 posts

Posted 16 December 2016 - 01:24 PM

https://crystal-cure...watermelon.html

That fits perfectly. Thank you!
  • Apeiron&Peiron said thanks for this

#27 Brian

Brian

He's a very naughty boy!

• Steward+
  • Pip
  • 7624 posts

Posted 16 December 2016 - 01:26 PM

Expanding asymptotically instead of to a point?

Yes. It's been made clear to me that the process is without boundaries.

The road goes on forever and the party never ends.

#28 Apeiron&Peiron

Apeiron&Peiron

Clueless

• The Dao Bums
  • Pip
  • 1270 posts

Posted 16 December 2016 - 01:29 PM

Something I've heard a while ago... :

The Road goes ever on and on

Down from the door where it began.

Now far ahead the Road has gone,

And I must follow, if I can,

Pursuing it with eager feet,

Until it joins some larger way

Where many paths and errands meet.

And whither then? I cannot say.

Edited by Apeiron&Peiron, 16 December 2016 - 01:30 PM.

-A.N. Whitehead

#29 Bodhicitta

Bodhicitta

Upasaka

• The Dao Bums
  • Pip
  • 179 posts

Posted 16 December 2016 - 02:20 PM

Another theosophic explanation:

Metatron (Chaldean) Mĕṭaṭrōn Messenger; the Presence-Angel of the Covenant, superior to all other angels, according to the Qabbalah, considered as occupying as its Angel the second world (‘olam Beri’ah), constituting the entire world of spirits or angels, as he governs the visible world, preserves the harmony, unity, and revolutions of the spheres, planets, and celestial bodies, and is the commander of all the myriads of the angelic hosts of the next inferior world (Yetsirah).

Metatron is equivalent to the Greek angel, the idea being that it steps down the first world (’Atstsiloth) of spirit to the third world of form. Metatron is the garment or visible manifestation of the projected spiritual and substantial energies from the first world, and his name equals 314, and thus is equal numerically to Shaddai, the Almighty (Zohar iii, 231a).

Buddhas proclaim the Dharma with one sound, each living being understands according to it kind.

Vimalakirti Sutra

#30 Zhongyongdaoist

Zhongyongdaoist

Dao Bum

• Concierge
  • Pip
  • 1237 posts

Posted 16 December 2016 - 03:32 PM

Yes. It's been made clear to me that the process is without boundaries.

The road goes on forever and the party never ends.

It has a "halting problem" of sorts.

Donald
aka Zhongyongdaoist

'It is better for us that there should be difference of judgment, if we keep charity: but it is most unmanly to quarrel because we differ'

'Nothing spoils human Nature more, than false Zeal ... because I may be Mistaken, I must not be dogmatical and confident, peremptory and imperious. I will not break the certain Laws of Charity, for a doubtful Doctrine or of uncertain Truth'

'... I oppose not rational to spiritual; for spiritual is most rational: But I contradistinquish rational to conceited, impotent , affected CANTING ...'

All by Benjamin Whichcote, 17th Century English Theologian, quoted from Ernst Cassirer's The Platonic Renaissance in England, a much neglected book of Wisdom.

All of that said it remains true that:

Only the man of virtue knows whom to love and whom to hate. Confucius, Analects 4.3

#31 Brian

Brian

He's a very naughty boy!

• Steward+
  • Pip
  • 7624 posts

Posted 16 December 2016 - 03:43 PM

It has a "halting problem" of sorts.

Fits and starts, as the saying goes? I've learned growth is neither continuous nor symmetrical but with patience it resumes (and then I sometimes realize I just wasn't noticing stuff below the waterline so maybe it is continuous). I'm told there are always higher levels but I certainly can see how one might think an end had been reached. I seem to reach inflection points, stabilize for a bit and then expand again.

EDIT: Or do I miss your point?

Edited by Brian, 16 December 2016 - 03:47 PM.

#32 Michael Sternbach

Michael Sternbach

Star-Lord

• The Dao Bums
  • Pip
  • 2468 posts
  • Interests:Eastern and western metaphysics, astrology, holistic healing, martial arts, natural sciences, movies, dancing

Posted 16 December 2016 - 04:32 PM

Through the crown, yes, but more the point above that which is not a single point -- if that makes sense.

Those who remember me creating this thread may remember a few others I created about the same time. I've done a bit of integrating and expanding since then. ;)

Are you referring to the eighth chakra above the top of the head, according to some? It may be of interest in this context that in the Golden Dawn's Middle Pillar exercise, the energetic centre that corresponds with Kether is in fact visualized as a sphere above the head rather than at its top.

Furthermore, Kether - in all its intangibility - is in fact seen as first threshold for the Infinite Light (Ain Soph Aur) on its way to physical manifestation, beyond which lay the three planes of 'negative existence.'

This conception has an interesting (although more limited) analogy in the virtual particles' constant popping into and out of existence, from and back into an all encompassing, energy filled vacuum.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users