shanlung

Whatever happened in Cologne never never happened

Whatever happened in Cologne never never happened.

The New Years Eve celebrations were enjoyed by everyone.

Peace and love to everyone is the mantra and the politically correct sounds 

to be uttered.

• Like 3

Same thing happens every year at the Oktoberfest, albeit not in an organised fashion. But since the perpetrators in Munich are good boys wearing Lederhosen, and tourists from the right countries, it doesn't make the news.

What happened in Cologne is scary nonetheless. It's the organised crime aspect that makes it something to really worry about. And for anyone who may be wondering, evidence is pretty strong that, no, this wasn't done by refugees. The attackers were north African and speaking German for the most part, and the ones who have been arrested so far have been here longer.

Btw, any stories referring to the "Bild" should be viewed with heavy skepticism. I think the British equivalent is the Sun, and I don't know any national US publications that are as slimy as either of them.

Edit - I want to add that reporting this is no simple situation in Germany. There's a hardcore Nazi movement on the rise and they're certain to exploit any event to their advantage. Anyone who can't understand why that would be a issue in Germany has got his head stuck in the ground, or someplace else.

Edited by soaring crane
  • Like 7

The problem is very nasty.

Do you propose a nice lovely solution?

Is sticking head in the sand like ostrich and burning posts one of those solution?

The situation in Cologne is lovey dovey and reported by main news such as BBC and Reuters and CNN.

Their doing of what they doing is ok and to be smiled at and kept at arms lenght is all that is required.

My reporting of that here met with a fist and mallet and rod  so that it be politically correct and I labelled xenoaeiou.

Solutions might just be as nasty as the problem, or even more nasty.

Why that problem is allowed to happen in the first place when my deleted posts on why Malaysia and Singapore never have problems with illegal immigrants  (That was a legacy still kept but given to us here, courtesy of the British Legal Brains  via British Empire)

Not your choice or my choice.

Is 2016, when spring come along are we all going to see 5 millions arrivals in Europe in addtion to the 1.5 millions  in 2015?

Will 2017 see 10 millions then?

More aid money for the wild life funds and to refugees in their own land like Nepal and Syria will be diverted to those fresh 5 millions?

When people jump que in supermarket or ticket for cinemas , you happily give way to them as their desire and pursuit of their personal happiness much more paramount to you and all others in the que such as wildlife and Nepalese refugees and other refugees still in their homeland?

Edited by shanlung

edit #2: as shanlung replied before I deleted my content, I'll paste it back in.

shanlung,

Your posts so far seem to be implying that the refugee situation in Germany must be to blame for the attacks last week.

As SC has pointed out, though there may well have been more men originating from Muslim-majority countries involved in the reported assaults (northern Africa -- Tunisia, Morocco, Algeria) than in previous years, the group was not made up mostly of Syrians or other newcomers to Germany. They are people who have been in Germany for a while, and in fact crimes like this happen every year but are perhaps less likely to be reported if the assailants are not black or brown. This means that plenty of white Germans have been acting like this in the past.

Comparing your false implications vs the actual facts, it would seem that this topic has no validity. Trying to talk about refugees, but the OP has little to do with refugees. Bringing up a country like Singapore is not particularly helpful: it has a fairly terrible record when it comes to 'human rights', and so should not be compared to places like Germany, France, or the UK, where people actually enjoy freedom.

Nobody here is going to pretend that Islam is a lovely religion, or that there isn't probably some greater incidence of sexism and mistreatment of women among male Muslims based on the religious beliefs they've grown up with; but this doesn't mean that all refugees are filth or that we should judge anyone based on alarmist newspaper stories.

Edited by dustybeijing
  • Like 2

Alarmist newspaper stories?

All ok with Europe and France and UK?

Tell me where you bought your rose tinted glasses as I love to have a pair.

And treat que jumpers as heaven sent as their rights to their own personal happiness far supercede my own rights.

My earlier thought of spending a few months in Slovenia and Croatia to check if I can retire there went down the drain.

Maybe with those pair of rose tinted glasses I might still want to go there.

• Like 1

Thank god for social media or this would never have seen the light of day. There are many people sticking their heads in the sand, covering their eyes and pretending that there isn't a problem, but trying to deny that the story even existed just feeds the far right as their interpretation fills the vacuum. 

Even if the perpetrators were not recent refugees it still directly relates to the issue of mass immigration into Europe of people from patriarchal societies who treat women as second class citizens and have no sense of belonging so don't respect the law. Some of the people arrested from similar incidents have said that they didn't even realise it was illegal to sexually assault women like that. 

According to Taoist theory if you swing from the extreme right to being too liberal you are bound to swing back to the opposite again, it is just the law of nature. So Germany may need to reflect on its extreme liberalism around these issues if they want to avert further problems.

• Like 3

I just hope the US does a proper screening of those who will be coming here.

And then there is a possibility that Congress will forbid a mass immigration.

The people of the countries involved need to be told the truth.  Otherwise there will be chaos.

• Like 2

Will 2017 see 10 millions then?

You see Shanlong while your anger is understandable, it is also a bit misplaced. First of all, people in charge of censorship everywhere hate Europe. Second of all, the population of Europe is 740 mln, even if the parasitic immigration reaches 100 mln in 5 years, it will only make the dole run out faster. Imagine, no job, no skills, no mate to procreate, no dole for the offspring, no dole at all and most importantly outnumbered 1 to 7 by the very angry aborigines. In historical terms it will be over sooner than you can say allahu akbar.

• Like 2

I just hope the US does a proper screening of those who will be coming here.

And then there is a possibility that Congress will forbid a mass immigration.

The people of the countries involved need to be told the truth.  Otherwise there will be chaos.

The truth is whatever they decide it is and we already have chaos. The answer will be to control the narrative and attempt to twist reality into a form which is more palatable. Eventually this pragmatism will run into a brick wall as it meets a contradictory twisted narrative hurtling towards it from the other direction.

Once these social manipulators are seen to be ignoring reality then it is never long before those with poor morals will begin to see it as a free for all. If reality isn't a boundary then there isn't really any boundaries so let's all just do whatever we want. If jihadhism isn't a product of religion, then let's carry on supporting that religion and calling it peaceful. The West has become so convinced of its omnipotentence by narrative control that it is blind to external aggression. The West pretends flag waving, political consensus and tough talk is effective action. It's deluded and weak. Reality will run us down before we wake up from this self imposed dream state.

• Like 3

The truth is whatever they decide .... The West has become so convinced of its omnipotentence by narrative control that it is blind to external aggression. The West pretends flag waving, political consensus and tough talk is effective action. It's deluded and weak. Reality will run us down before we wake up from this self imposed dream state.

weak? gee i donno about that.

This is just in

Un homme a été tué par les policiers ce matin devant un commissariat du 18e arrondissement de Paris, alors qu'il tentait de pénétrer dans le bâtiment.

Selon une source policière, plusieurs témoins l'ont entendu crier «Allah akbar»

http://www.lefigaro.fr/flash-actu/2016/01/07/97001-20160107FILWWW00148-un-homme-abattu-devant-un-commissariat-de-police-de-paris.php#xtor=AL-155-[twitter]

I suspect the ghosts of 8th century Iberians would encourage learning from history.

Edited by Brian
  • Like 2

weak? gee i donno about that.

This is just in

You can't go attacking the Government officers, they are the guardians of the government narrative, they also have killing weapons as opposed to the innocent public gunned down in nightclubs, restaurants, offices and beach holidays.

• Like 3

Please notice that I didn't say "all is OK with Europe". By pointing out the relative freedom we enjoy in Germany, France, and the UK, I meant that certain countries -- notably, many European ones -- are the best in the world in which to live.

While far from perfect, modern European culture might be said to be a good model for others. Part of the reason this is true is that, more than certain cultures, we tend to value freedom, equality, and logic (three core beliefs/skills that are, nonetheless, lacking in many who hail from these countries, apparently).

• Like 2

You can't go attacking the Government officers, they are the guardians of the government narrative, they also have killing weapons as opposed to the innocent public gunned down in nightclubs, restaurants, offices and beach holidays.

Well things change. The public is gonna lose their innocence soon enough.

Texas Businesses Adapt To Open Carry Law : NPR
www.npr.org/2016/01/02/.../texas-businesses-adapt-to-open-carry-law
NPR

5 days ago - The celebrations for the new year also marked a new open-carry gun law taking effect in Texas.

Well things change. The public is gonna lose their innocence soon enough.

Texas Businesses Adapt To Open Carry Law : NPR
www.npr.org/2016/01/02/.../texas-businesses-adapt-to-open-carry-law
NPR

5 days ago - The celebrations for the new year also marked a new open-carry gun law taking effect in Texas.

I think that open-carry is more logical than concealed-carry.  We do not have open-carry in Florida but some folks are trying to get it legalized.

Please notice that I didn't say "all is OK with Europe". By pointing out the relative freedom we enjoy in Germany, France, and the UK, I meant that certain countries -- notably, many European ones -- are the best in the world in which to live.

While far from perfect, modern European culture might be said to be a good model for others. Part of the reason this is true is that, more than certain cultures, we tend to value freedom, equality, and logic (three core beliefs/skills that are, nonetheless, lacking in many who hail from these countries, apparently).

Relatively I am bound to agree. Yet it is not real freedom, it has been a gradual and voluntary acceptance of chains in exchange for certain privileges and protections we have been conned into believing are a necessity. The Middle East does not have such a sophisticated propaganda bullhorn and Pavlovian reward system, instead they rely on brute force to subdue their population and our own governments tacitly support them in doing that in exchange for corporate contracts. It's no wonder they have begun to look enviously at our relative wealth and tranquility. However, brought up in a place where reality is the butt of a rifle, a bullet or a beheading they do not exactly share our sheep like nature. They are like foxes in a hen house.

Edited by Karl
  • Like 1

My reporting of that here met with a fist and mallet and rod  so that it be politically correct and I labelled xenoaeiou.

The irony is that I probably have more Muslim friends than any ten of non muslim members here combined together.

Starting from my primary school days.  With friendship that extend to today and I last visited him and his family at his house about 3 days ago.

There are 2 Imams that considered me their friend.  One of them from my primary school days .  I had lunch with him with the other muslim above and 4 others more about 8 days or so ago.  And another I met and got to know in Oman.

In my Livejournal blog written in real time were accounts of visits to their houses and their return visits to me.  Anyone living in Middle East will know visits to local houses were extremely rare events especially as females in houses were kept away from  sight of casual friends.  

I have been to many shisha houses with Arabic friends but not really recorded in my blog as that was largely on birdies and beasties.

I know enough conversational Arabic, much more than just Ahlan sadiqi  , Kaifa haloka? , shokran, Ramadan mobarak.

My wife was known for her Arabic calligraphy to the point Omani Arabs wanted her to write for them amazed she could do that off hand.  My wife stopped eating of pork for the last 5 years.  I suspect that she did not become a full fledge muslim in fear I might just follow her and then get myself 3 more wives as I will be entitled to.

So for those that was judge and jury and sentenced me for the crime of xenoaeiou, how many close  muslim friends that you do know ?  

One?  or not a single one at all!

Do you know what I wrote in Arabic without going to google translate?

Idiotic Taoist laughing and laughing away

Edited by shanlung
  • Like 1

I think that open-carry is more logical than concealed-carry.  We do not have open-carry in Florida but some folks are trying to get it legalized.

Texans remember the Alamo. You guys gotta remember the Luisiana Purchase or something.

• Like 1

I suspect the ghosts of 8th century Iberians would encourage learning from history.

¡Santiago y cierra, España!

Yes, at the Oktoberfest also grabbing of women's butts, etc. happens, but the difference is that here groups of men (eight to twenty mostly) got together and formed circles around single women, and then attacking them. I've never heard of this happen at the Oktoberfest.

Also, there are hundreds of festivals, raves, concerts with thousands of guests with no sexual assaults reported.

The Cologne mayor really messed up with her recommendation to keep an 'arm's length' away from people.

Also the Cologne police leaders (not the individual policemen who were doing their job well) don't look good. First of all, on the New Year's day they issued the news that New Year's Eve went with no problems.

Now news is coming out that policemen on the scene asked for more men to come but nothing really happened.

There will probably be resignations about this.

The general media doesn't look good here either. For a few days there were no articles on these incidents.

Also, while it is correct, that gangs of North Africans have been active at the Cologne train station for some time, selling drugs and stealing things, there is now more information coming out that also refugees mostly from Syria were involved in these events. Now that is of course very sad as the few 'bad apples' put the majority of the refugees who are peaceful and friendly in a bad light.

And interesting point to ponder here which hasn't really been discussed anywhere is the issue of alcohol.

In North African countries hashish is avaiable freely. In EU countries it is for the most part still illegal. Most of the perpetrators were drunk. Alcohol is of course freely available. I'm sure, had they been smoking pot the situation would have been different. Another good reason to legalize cannabis and allow mature citizens to decide for themselves.

Edited by flyinghigh
  • Like 2

Same thing happens every year at the Oktoberfest, albeit not in an organised fashion.  

Yes, at the Oktoberfest also grabbing of women's butts, etc. happens,  Alcohol is of course freely available. I'm sure, had they been smoking pot the situation would have been different. Another good reason to legalize cannabis and allow mature citizens to decide for themselves.

I have lived and worked in Germany, Erlangen periodically.  Part of my assignment in Project Controls and Configuration management and controls with Siemens on the Taipei and Guangzhou MRT systems.  

I might not be there all the time.  But I enjoyed the Oktoberfest in Bavaria as it moved from villages to villages around Nuremberg.

I never recalled any grabbing of arses or heard that from my German friends.  But that was way way back in 1993-4-5

Only thing I remembered was the happiness and the beer and the roast beef and sausages and when we heard Lili Marlene, it would be time to go home.

Things must have changed according to soaring crane and flyinghigh, and that it got very common.

Shucks!

I missed all the modern days fun.

Seems immigrants  opps... new inhabitants of Germany got that even up to date and taught more permanent Germans what they are missing.

But I might just want to check out Oktoberfest to get myself  more current with the nearest in thing and fun thing to do to frauleins.

Idiotic Taoist all ready for 2016 Oktoberfest

Is sticking head in the sand like ostrich and burning posts one of those solution?

The situation in Cologne is lovey dovey and reported by main news such as BBC and Reuters and CNN.

Their doing of what they doing is ok and to be smiled at and kept at arms lenght is all that is required.

My reporting of that here met with a fist and mallet and rod so that it be politically correct and I labelled xenoaeiou.

You see, whenever the mods on this forum hide posts (actually, we don't "burn" or "delete" them), they are obliged to state their reasons for doing so. Now, considering your repeated demands to torture and kill refugees in minutely described, most inhumane ways indeed makes my summary "xenophobic content" rather look like an understatement.

But hey, let's not struggle over semantics! If you insist, I can certainly find a bunch of other fitting adjectives... ;)

Solutions might just be as nasty as the problem, or even more nasty.

Wow... A glimmer of insight! Yours certainly are.

Why that problem is allowed to happen in the first place when my deleted posts on why Malaysia and Singapore never have problems with illegal immigrants (That was a legacy still kept but given to us here, courtesy of the British Legal Brains via British Empire)

The irony is that I probably have more Muslim friends than any ten of non muslim members here combined together.

Starting from my primary school days. With friendship that extend to today and I last visited him and his family at his house about 3 days ago.

There are 2 Imams that considered me their friend. One of them from my primary school days . I had lunch with him with the other muslim above and 4 others more about 8 days or so ago. And another I met and got to know in Oman.

In my Livejournal blog written in real time were accounts of visits to their houses and their return visits to me. Anyone living in Middle East will know visits to local houses were extremely rare events especially as females in houses were kept away from sight of casual friends.

I have been to many shisha houses with Arabic friends but not really recorded in my blog as that was largely on birdies and beasties.

I know enough conversational Arabic, much more than just Ahlan sadiqi , Kaifa haloka? , shokran, Ramadan mobarak.

My wife was known for her Arabic calligraphy to the point Omani Arabs wanted her to write for them amazed she could do that off hand. My wife stopped eating of pork for the last 5 years. I suspect that she did not become a full fledge muslim in fear I might just follow her and then get myself 3 more wives as I will be entitled to.

So for those that was judge and jury and sentenced me for the crime of xenoaeiou, how many close muslim friends that you do know ?

One? or not a single one at all!

I must admit, all that is very impressive and hard to beat. What have I got to offer? Let me see...

Treating a number of very traumatized refugees from Islamic countries in my work as a counsellor.

Oh, and my brother-in-law is a Muslim. Hope that counts.

Do you know what I wrote in Arabic without going to google translate?

Idiotic Taoist laughing and laughing away

Hope you enjoy yourself!

• Like 1

I have lived and worked in Germany, Erlangen periodically.  Part of my assignment in Project Controls and Configuration management and controls with Siemens on the Taipei and Guangzhou MRT systems.  

I might not be there all the time.  But I enjoyed the Oktoberfest in Bavaria as it moved from villages to villages around Nuremberg.

I never recalled any grabbing of arses or heard that from my German friends.  But that was way way back in 1993-4-5

Only thing I remembered was the happiness and the beer and the roast beef and sausages and when we heard Lili Marlene, it would be time to go home.

Things must have changed according to soaring crane and flyinghigh, and that it got very common.

Shucks!

I missed all the modern days fun.

Seems immigrants  opps... new inhabitants of Germany got that even up to date and taught more permanent Germans what they are missing.

But I might just want to check out Oktoberfest to get myself  more current with the nearest in thing and fun thing to do to frauleins.

Idiotic Taoist all ready for 2016 Oktoberfest

Well, I never heard of it from people who went there.

I just wouldn't rule it out that some drunkard might touch a woman.

But it's probably not more than what one would see in discotheques/bars in other countries where people are close together and have drunk one too much.

• Like 1

i find it dissapointing that the media and liberal types don't want to explore this story fully when it seems that many women have been intimidated and assaulted. they didn't even start reporting on it until peoples videos and pictures started hitting the internet. the details aren't clear but if the perpetrators were migrants then it points to increasing issues going forward, considering germany's plan to let millions of people in over the next few years.

• Like 2

Yes, at the Oktoberfest also grabbing of women's butts, etc. happens, but the difference is that here groups of men (eight to twenty mostly) got together and formed circles around single women, and then attacking them. I've never heard of this happen at the Oktoberfest.

Also, there are hundreds of festivals, raves, concerts with thousands of guests with no sexual assaults reported.

The Cologne mayor really messed up with her recommendation to keep an 'arm's length' away from people.

Also the Cologne police leaders (not the individual policemen who were doing their job well) don't look good. First of all, on the New Year's day they issued the news that New Year's Eve went with no problems.

Now news is coming out that policemen on the scene asked for more men to come but nothing really happened.

There will probably be resignations about this.

The general media doesn't look good here either. For a few days there were no articles on these incidents.

Also, while it is correct, that gangs of North Africans have been active at the Cologne train station for some time, selling drugs and stealing things, there is now more information coming out that also refugees mostly from Syria were involved in these events. Now that is of course very sad as the few 'bad apples' put the majority of the refugees who are peaceful and friendly in a bad light.

And interesting point to ponder here which hasn't really been discussed anywhere is the issue of alcohol.

In North African countries hashish is avaiable freely. In EU countries it is for the most part still illegal. Most of the perpetrators were drunk. Alcohol is of course freely available. I'm sure, had they been smoking pot the situation would have been different. Another good reason to legalize cannabis and allow mature citizens to decide for themselves.

i think anybody who has recently moved to a country and is found to be involved in violence like this should be deported. it's not a perfect scenario but it beats the other options (more taxpayer money, risk to society) and could act as a deterrent. i also find the comparisons to rowdy crowds at music/beer festivals to be laughable and symptomatic of a larger problem with leftist apologists when it comes to criminal behaviour from minorities. it's double standards and reverse racism galore when it comes to many of these people.

people are too scared of being called a racist to look at things objectively or be open to the possibility of issues with open border policies. seems like even the swedes are starting to face up to reality that these far-left immigration policies are not sustainable. the rape epidemic there in recent years is very troubling.

Edited by wilfred
  • Like 5