Aithrobates

Ghost immortality

In any tradition I've read about spirit travel is considered quite a tricky thing, and you need someone to guide and protect you to do this. Shamans have alliances with helper spirits, and human assistants (there are two Ren in the Wu characters, right ?). Tibetan dream yoga needs Guru Yoga and asking for protection from the Dakini, etc...

Right. Both for yin-soul travelling and yangshen travelling there are special pre-requirements to avoid the danger. It's not done alone, other adepts are needed to help in the beginning. For yin-soul there are special methods to restore the body. Etc. It's a complex technology with many details, and these details are not in books.

• Like 1

loose the main message as you and Eva Wong...

Hmm, let me get this straight. A non-Chinese somebody claims that he knows Chinese language better than a native Chinese woman. That native Chinese woman also happens to be a genuine Taoist, who published dozens of highly regarded translations.

And yet this non-Chinese guy claims that he knows her native language better than her. Strange. I dont really know whom to believe, but i think this has something to do with the sales link in his sig.

• Like 1

Hmm, let me get this straight. A non-Chinese somebody claims that he knows Chinese language better than a native Chinese woman. That native Chinese woman also happens to be a genuine Taoist, who published dozens of highly regarded translations.

And yet this non-Chinese guy claims that he knows her native language better than her. Strange. I dont really know whom to believe, but i think this has something to do with the sales link in his sig.

non-Chinese guy just pointed another non-Chinese guy to the fact that Taoist Texts is not initiated into any Daoist tradition, that's why her linguistic pseudo-abilities (it means very poor ones) have absolutely no any weight on this forum for a while. Do you have any other arguments? Or you'd like to recall how you did translate qixue as "Qi Lair". 

Seriously, if Eva Wong knows perfectly Classic Chinese, why she makes so many mistakes even you could see, ah? why she just skip parts she can't translate? We've discussed it and as usual you just retired. Who to believe? Not you obviously.

Eva Wong also translates this passage along these lines, (with minor mistakes)

oh yeah... "minor mistakes". Charlatans and liars. 

To continue about ghost immortals, we see the danger and we see those who tell us "it's ok, nothing to worry". Who to believe: charlatans or Immortals like Zhong Li?

• Like 1

No. If it would be so it wouldn't be so dangerous as expressed in texts and oral teachings. They have no choice, they are doomed to be in that "immortal limbo" (very precise, thx) forever.

As I told earlier, the only chance for them is some real immortal (not another ghost) who can save them somehow (I believe by forcing them into Samsara again, but I'm not sure - not really my business yet).

You really believe in ghost immortals at TaoBums? )) Or saints writing here after saving another guixian? ))

I live in an ancient mountain range where the curtain between worlds is sometimes very thin. I have been explicitly warned about the dangers of what some call the astral plane. I take those a sincere warnings seriously and I don't not seek such experiences. I have, to my knowledge, only encountered "ordinary ghosts" (humans clinging a bit longer to their existence) but I wish to be aware of what else is "out there." I appreciate the information shared in this thread.
  • Like 3

I live in an ancient mountain range where the curtain between worlds is sometimes very thin. I have been explicitly warned about the dangers of what some call the astral plane. I take those a sincere warnings seriously and I don't not seek such experiences. I have, to my knowledge, only encountered "ordinary ghosts" (humans clinging a bit longer to their existence) but I wish to be aware of what else is "out there." I appreciate the information shared in this thread.

You should come out here to New Mexico where the line between worlds can be felt most everywhere. These Anasazi ruins in Bandelier National Monument are only about 35 miles from Santa Fe. There is much legend and lore as to what happened to these ancient people. These caves and other structures are located on the edge of an ancient caldera which is one of the largest collapsed volcanoes in the world.

800px-Bandelier_Kiva.jpg

800px-Bandelier_Cliff_Dwelling_Features.

Edited by ralis
  • Like 3

Have you been to Jerusalem? The Temple Mount is quite something. Also, IME someone has to 'grow into' the area to tune into its spirit.

Mt. Shasta California. That place was interesting for feeling in-between worlds. 

Really? Subterranean cities inhabited by Lumerians beneath Mt. Shasta? That business was started by the immortals, Sharula Dux and Telos. Rumor has it that they moved from Shasta to Santa Fe NM. :lol:

Sharula Dux is a princess from the subterranean city of Telos situated beneath Mt. Shasta which is populated by the remnants of the Lemurian civilization. Listen to her describe the city in detail. More on Telos and the hollow earth at http://www.diannerobbins.com and http://hollowplanet.blogspot.com

Edited by ralis

opendao,

I trust your opinion on these matters.

Would you please tell me your opinion about the following experience of mine,

about which I talked already several times on thedaobums:

thx to share, maybe it'll stop someone from crazy experiments... Usually similar things happen in dreams, but you dis-balanced you spirit-Shen by that third eye practice and it leaded to that. It's dangerous, and after such episodes alchemy students have to start over the practice... So there are methods how to prevent that, the teacher has to give it or all efforts will be in vain....

• Like 1

Oh, there are many weird things... Even in big cities, depressed, weak, suicidal people can experience very strange encounters with yin-beings in human bodies. It's scary. In dreams humans are very vulnerable. Special places as well.

But if you are stable, in harmony, strong, and seek any other-world experiences (out of interest or looking for power) then you need no worry, it's hard for "them" to find a key from you. Sure, if you don't really practice Neidan: then the situation is different, you become too desirable for yin-beings because of the excess of Yang, and you need to know special methods how to protect yourself in dreams and in reality.

Also we need to understand that for the "lower world habitants" human beings are just food and source of energy... Just my 2 cents, I hope somebody can tell more, my experience is limited, though I don't want to repeat it ))

Edited by opendao
  • Like 2

Why exactly has someone to start all over again after such an experience?

What is the explanation if I might ask?

depletion of yuan jing, so the student has to start over to restore it

• Like 1

So third eye experiments open a door for ghosts to "penetrate your shields" to suck out your energy?

Hard to say, it can be different in every case: maybe you attracted something by your practice, maybe became vulnerable, maybe it was a combination of your illusions and some energy process... Many variants. Main idea that such things are not toys to play with.

• Like 2

Oh, there are many weird things... Even in big cities, depressed, weak, suicidal people can experience very strange encounters with yin-beings in human bodies. It's scary. In dreams humans are very vulnerable. Special places as well.

But if you are stable, in harmony, strong, and seek any other-world experiences (out of interest or looking for power) then you need no worry, it's hard for "them" to find a key from you. Sure, if you don't really practice Neidan: then the situation is different, you become too desirable for yin-beings because of the excess of Yang, and you need to know special methods how to protect yourself in dreams and in reality.

Also we need to understand that for the "lower world habitants" human beings are just food and source of energy... Just my 2 cents, I hope somebody can tell more, my experience is limited, though I don't want to repeat it ))

I have been assured and am confident that I am sufficiently balanced and strong and aligned; I have no fear but I am curious.

I am aided on my path by the lineage which has accepted me and, as continued practice removes filters & blockages and purifies the energy which temporarily coalesces as "me," I am having curious experiences which increase in both frequency and intensity. I don't actively pursue them but I embrace them as opportunities (opportunities to learn, to teach, to grow and to offer aid), just as I don't seek skills and abilities but gratefully accept them.

I have encountered non-human spirits only in dreamtime so far and I have encountered human spirits in waketime, but the distinction between the two is starting to blur. I have occasionally caught glimpses of shadowy things on the edge of my awareness in the last year or so -- things too vague to recognize which are not there when I look at them.

The curtain grows thin.

• Like 2

Have you been to Jerusalem? The Temple Mount is quite something. Also, IME someone has to 'grow into' the area to tune into its spirit.

Never been to Jerusalem but it is on my "list."

Mt. Shasta California. That place was interesting for feeling in-between worlds.

Never been to Shasta, either, but I would like to!

You should come out here to New Mexico where the line between worlds can be felt most everywhere. These Anasazi ruins in Bandelier National Monument are only about 35 miles from Santa Fe. There is much legend and lore as to what happened to these ancient people. These caves and other structures are located on the edge of an ancient caldera which is one of the largest collapsed volcanoes in the world.

I think I've been here, actually! When I was 13, my parents pulled a travel trailer all over the Southwest for two months and we literally hit dozens of locations -- Mesa Verde, Canyon de Chelly, Painted Desert, Petrified Forest, Grand Canyon, Pike's Peak, Carlsbad Caverns,etc., etc., plus lots of places with names lost in the fog of youth. Edited by Brian
  • Like 1

I was able to "break the curtain" with brute force within some weeks of high intensity mind training.

So I obviously demonstrated far above average mind strength with this act.

The more energy, strength and yang you have, the more they will be attracted to you.

I got off easy.

Good luck. :P

Not entirely sure I'd call getting getting raped by a demon and then abandoning my practice for fear of my life but perhaps it's a case of horses for courses.

It took me many years to realize there is awareness the intellect cannot unlock.