centertime

Has anyone tried to clear chakras by sound?

I'm not sure about clearing them to any significant degree using sound, but each of the chakras will vibrate at a different rate which can be sensed in the body using sound vibrations, which helps to bring awareness to their existence and their functioning.

Sound is used in many spiritual traditions for example the Tibetans do a lot of deep guttural chanting, which isn't so much about clearing but grounding the energy in the lower centres and chakras. Whereas the high pitch sound you may hear in a Christian choir is likely to vibrate in the upper head or upper chakras.

Generally, sounds purge;  

Sounds will create a vibration and each sound-vibration can connect to a chakra.  

Colors tonify.  

The combination balances.

• Like 1

Get transmission by chogyal Namkhai Norbu Rinpoche (look for a webcast-transmission if you can't receive the transmission in person)

He transmits a part of one of the 18root dzogchen tantras of the upadesha series (the union of sun and moon tantra)

This part Rinpoche is teaching is a vajrasong that harmonizes the vajrabody (nadi,prana,bindu) and helps to integrate body/speech/mind

Rinpoche had several dreams and visions where he revealed a special way to chant this vajrasong

Its mind blowing - find an old student of Rinpoche to teach you "how to"

Look at Transcendental Meditation (minet.org) to see what happens when the uninitiated play with things that they don't understand (bīja (बीज) mantras).

Can you be more specific that site does not seem to be well organized?

I've given you a heads-up if you're wise enough to hear what I said.

If you're not, you could end up with a problem to which you'd be very unlikely to find a solution...

Clear now?

Hi,

Has anyone tried to balance chakras using sounds such as lam and ham?

http://ar-yoga.com/2011/10/bija-mantras-the-sounds-of-the-chakras-lam-vam-ram-yam-ham-om/

What is your experience?

Ct

I haven't worked with sounds specifically for chakras other than that which is associated with prayer and mantra practice. I have a good friend who does and experiences a lot of benefit. He is an independent practitioner with a great deal of meditative and qigong experience in a variety of traditions and basically put together his own routine based on Indian and Tibetan principles.

Tenzin Wangyal Rinpoche has a book and online resources for a Tibetan Bonpo practice called the 5 Warrior Seed Syllables. Each of the 5 syllables is associated with a chakra as well as its associated characteristics. Chanting the seed syllable is said to help us to eliminate energetic blockages and connect with the enlightened characteristics associated with the respective chakra. 

The 5 syllables are A Om Hung Ram Dza and relate to the crown, throat, heart, navel, and secret chakras, respectively.

Here is a link to his book and online training program if it interests you.

Here is an excerpt from the book:

Our fundamental awake nature is not produced or created, but is already there. In the way the vast expanse of the sky is present but may be obscured by clouds, we too are obscured by habitual patterns that we mistake for ourselves. The practice of the Five Warrior Syllables is a skillful means that can support us to release our negative and limiting behavioral patterns of body, speech, and mind, and make room for a more spontaneous, creative, and authentic expression. In this practice, we recognize, connect with, and trust what is already there.

There are five warrior syllables - A, OM, HUNG, RAM, and DZA - and each syllable represents a quality of realization. They are referred to as "seed syllables" because they possess the essence of enlightenment. These five syllables represent the body, speech, mind, virtuous qualities, and actions of enlightenment, respectively. Together, they represent the true and fully expressed nature of our authentic self.

In the practice, we sing each warrior syllable in sequence. With each syllable, we focus on a corresponding energy center, or chakra, in the body and connect with the quality that corresponds with that syllable. The sequence moves from the pure open space of being to the place of the manifestation of virtue in action.

It is my sincere desire that this simple and elegant practice of the Five Warrior Syllables, which is based on the highest teachings of the Tibetan Bön Buddhist tradition of which I am a lineage holder, will benefit many beings in the West. Please receive it with my blessing, and bring it into your life. Let it support you to become kind and strong and clear and awake.

-- Tenzin Wangyal Rinpoche

seed-syllables-color-graphic.jpg

• Like 1

I haven't worked with sounds specifically for chakras other than that which is associated with prayer and mantra practice. I have a good friend who does and experiences a lot of benefit. He is an independent practitioner with a great deal of meditative and qigong experience in a variety of traditions and basically put together his own routine based on Indian and Tibetan principles.

Tenzin Wangyal Rinpoche has a book and online resources for a Tibetan Bonpo practice called the 5 Warrior Seed Syllables. Each of the 5 syllables is associated with a chakra as well as its associated characteristics. Chanting the seed syllable is said to help us to eliminate energetic blockages and connect with the enlightened characteristics associated with the respective chakra. 

The 5 syllables are A Om Hung Ram Dza and relate to the crown, throat, heart, navel, and secret chakras, respectively.

Here is a link to his book and online training program if it interests you.

Here is an excerpt from the book:

Our fundamental awake nature is not produced or created, but is already there. In the way the vast expanse of the sky is present but may be obscured by clouds, we too are obscured by habitual patterns that we mistake for ourselves. The practice of the Five Warrior Syllables is a skillful means that can support us to release our negative and limiting behavioral patterns of body, speech, and mind, and make room for a more spontaneous, creative, and authentic expression. In this practice, we recognize, connect with, and trust what is already there.

There are five warrior syllables - A, OM, HUNG, RAM, and DZA - and each syllable represents a quality of realization. They are referred to as "seed syllables" because they possess the essence of enlightenment. These five syllables represent the body, speech, mind, virtuous qualities, and actions of enlightenment, respectively. Together, they represent the true and fully expressed nature of our authentic self.

In the practice, we sing each warrior syllable in sequence. With each syllable, we focus on a corresponding energy center, or chakra, in the body and connect with the quality that corresponds with that syllable. The sequence moves from the pure open space of being to the place of the manifestation of virtue in action.

It is my sincere desire that this simple and elegant practice of the Five Warrior Syllables, which is based on the highest teachings of the Tibetan Bön Buddhist tradition of which I am a lineage holder, will benefit many beings in the West. Please receive it with my blessing, and bring it into your life. Let it support you to become kind and strong and clear and awake.

-- Tenzin Wangyal Rinpoche

seed-syllables-color-graphic.jpg

Thanks steve!

That's another excellent example that I considered using...

If you're not, you could end up with a problem to which you'd be very unlikely to find a solution...

Clear now?

Why not just plainly say that if one is going to play with these things one needs to remember to stay firmly grounded in their own bodies and the lives they are actually living? And don't forget water.. lots of clear delicious water.

(Going all 'dire warning' isn't going to stop, and may actually incite, the curious - no matter how well intended the warning.)

Why not just plainly say that if one is going to play with these things one needs to remember to stay firmly grounded in their own bodies and the lives they are actually living? And don't forget water.. lots of clear delicious water.

Because there's a lot more to it than that Des...

These ancient teachings and techniques certainly aren't toys to be picked up (or discarded) on a whim and there are clear injunctions about who may and may not be taught.

(Going all 'dire warning' isn't going to stop, and may actually incite, the curious - no matter how well intended the warning.)

Yes, most people choose to learn the hard way I've noticed. Perhaps you've noticed that too?

Clear now?

I cannot find dire example you refer to.in the web site. Can you give me a direct link? not to the general website.

By the way, I tried the mantras...

Why not just plainly say that if one is going to play with these things one needs to remember to stay firmly grounded in their own bodies and the lives they are actually living? And don't forget water.. lots of clear delicious water. (Going all 'dire warning' isn't going to stop, and may actually incite, the curious - no matter how well intended the warning.)

Water? What does it have to do with water?

Should wuji zhang zuang suffice as grounding?

Edited by centertime

Yes, most people choose to learn the hard way I've noticed. Perhaps you've noticed that too?

And right on cue...

By the way, I tried the mantras...

Funny thing synchronicity.

Makes me laugh anyway...

:)

Yes. And just in case I forgot... :)

Water? What does it have to do with water?

Should wuji zhang zuang suffice as grounding?

I've said as much as I'm willing to say.

My futher research shows that wuji zhang zhuang is considered to be good for grounding.

Not sure I can get a teacher, less who I can trust, I will be more careful when using the mantras.

So far the mantras have caused vivid dreams, movie like dreams. (stimulated third eye)

and a lot of talking in dreams (stimulated throat chakra, not experienced that much talking before)

I guess over stimulation can be a problem..knowing one's limits is a solution.

Edited by centertime

Hi,

Has anyone tried to balance chakras using sounds such as lam and ham?

http://ar-yoga.com/2011/10/bija-mantras-the-sounds-of-the-chakras-lam-vam-ram-yam-ham-om/

What is your experience?

Ct

I would say that mantras and sounds appear when they are needed on its own when you meditate. Somehow you just start chanting or verbalising sylables and noone teached you this. Some of them are the same as in different resources that you can find, of others you might never heard of.

Then you might experience some relation between particular sound and healing of your psyche as well as changes in your body. With different sounds different parts of your body vibrate, but also these mantras can be pronounced internally and they might work even better. Your muscle can involuntary contract after listening to mantra.

I would say that mantras are very powerfull, way more powerfull that anyone can even imagine what reasults they can bring. Because of that it is simply better to work with them according to guidances of a teacher.

All I can say is that after receiving mantra from my teacher my life and perception has changed 180 degree.

Edited by Kubba

The important part is less about the sound, but more about the pure listening. Focusing in the moment with simple listening...

I think the OP is talking more about the Qigong approach whereby sound vibrations are used to breakup stagnation or other stuff. 

What you raise, which I don't disagree with, is a more fundamental approach: Consider how we are not really separated and thus we can find (listen for) that space which we share.    Doing so also dissolves issues.

• Like 3

Mantras, don't step into a shower without one.  I'm surprised everyone doesn't have a mantra, prayer or song that they do in the shower.  The quiet, privacy and acoustics really amplify there power.

• Like 1