AussieTrees

Horticulture,grow your veggies the tranquil path.

Battling tree root invasion, I dug a deep trench on one 1/2 side, lined it with corflute and backfilled.  The mixed in 1/2 bag of goodies.   Then I suspended some plastic square trellis and going to plant purple king beans there next new moon.    

2 days ago I planted  broccilini seedlings.   The broadbeans cant seem to make up their mind wether they are a dwarf varity or not , first flower came out this afternoon.   And some corriander has started to sprout. 

Gotta think what else I can put in for autumn in the sub-tropics. 

• Like 5

Every year I tell myself, I will build/buy a trellis system for my plants to hang on, and every year I wait, either forgetting to or putting it off so long I rip off productive branches trying to my plants into hoops. 

This year I say again- I will have a good trellis system.  That's what separates the greens from the fiends. 

• Like 1

I use a square plastic mesh, the spaces are small enough to not allow bower birds in (plant munchers)  but let smaller insect and grub eaters in.  For beans I just hang them from a bamboo culm hanging across the top of the bird net bamboo framing.  very simple system (if you have a caged garden ) . 

I found some more old   thick timber planks under the shed, so another new bed  being made  today ...... sun is up and shining on the  patch , its cool and crisp .... I am out there and into it !    :)  

• Like 4