Hassein

Daoist Branches

Greetings everybody!
There is one way, but lots of schools, and looks like everyone try to catalogate Daoist branches in a different way.

What are in your opinion the main active branches in daoism today?

Is it possible to catalogate them?
Thanks ;)

It has always been my opinion that the philosophy (Lao Tzu and Chuang Tzu) are the base and the roots of all Taoism.

I think that once these roots and base is grasped it really doesn't matter how much one branches out onto various paths.  More than any other consideration, it is the individuals personal needs that should be satisfied.  But always hold to the roots and the base.

• Like 1

what do you think about the division between Hou Tian and Xian Tian paths?

Many don't agree on this differentiation

Edited by Hassein

Greetings everybody!

There is one way, but lots of schools, and looks like everyone try to catalogate Daoist branches in a different way.

What are in your opinion the main active branches in daoism today?

Is it possible to catalogate them?

As you know, Taoism has two branches: One is the Quanzhen branch, the other is Zhengyi branch.

what do you think about the division between Hou Tian and Xian Tian paths?

Many don't agree on this differentiation

there is no such division

• Like 2

When we look at a tree, we say "look at all those leaves" or maybe "its sad all the leaves fell off". What I'm trying to get at is the beauty of Taoism lays in the individual interpretations. The base/trunk of the tree is however, the first point someone looks to see how healthy it is. And the base of all Taoism is how "healthy" it is. Branches are only as good as the leaves and trunk. 

• Like 1

If you   talk about the 'religious ' Taoism , that is , the Taoist alchemy ,then  in recent centuries, there are  mainly  2  schools :

1) WuLiu School

2) West school

which get clear  lineage , expressed in well-known figures and written materials , that we can follow.

Edited by exorcist_1699