thelerner

Been here long enough to know better

• Concierge
  • Pip
  • 9792 posts
  • Interests:Getting Closer to Fine
    W/out going too Crazy

Posted 28 July 2015 - 09:13 AM

A long time ago I took some supplement, Pine..something.. not pine pollen but some kind of pine extract pill that was reputedly a  tonic especially good for circulation.  I was teaching childrens classes in Aikido at the time and had a very talented group of Phillippino's.   There were 5 of them cousins and brothers, great bunch, respectful and dedicated. 

The thing I did that wowed them the most probably wasn't my martial prowess but my ability to make snow balls- w/ my bare hands!   Growing up in a snowless place, they were amazed I could stick my bare hands into freezing white stuff repeatedly and make rock solid balls.   I think the pine extract helped w/ the stunt.  Being young and willing to risk minor frost bite to impress youngsters also did.  

I'm sure I was to them, what Wim Hof is to me. 

Edited by thelerner, 28 July 2015 - 09:14 AM.

• gendao, Brian and Papayapple said thanks for this
Push hard to get better, become smarter, grow your devotion to the truth, fuel your commitment to beauty, refine your emotional intelligence, hone your dreams, negotiate with your shadow, cure your ignorance, shed your pettiness, heighten your drive to look for the best in people, and soften your heart. A creed from Pronoia

Where we have stopped dancing, singing, being enchanted by stories, or finding comfort in silence is where we have experience the loss of soul. Dancing, singing, storytelling, and silence are the four universal healing salves. ~ Gabrielle Roth

#18 SonOfTheGods

SonOfTheGods

lonemanpai.com

• The Dao Bums
  • Pip
  • 2365 posts

Posted 07 January 2017 - 01:21 PM

http://www.thedaobum...erone/?p=729943

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users