Daozang (道蔵), the  collection of nearly all Chinese  Taoist writings, is a  strange cultural achievement ; it is something  wonderful , something unique  for  most of its content are  about those principles , things and   practical steps  that if  people read, believe and follow  , they will be granted the special privileges , different from their fellows, to live  in this world endlessly , not just in spiritual sense , but also  in physical sense.  

However, for those  Western readers who are interested in what the Chinese Taoism really says in its  2500-year history, Daozang is something , even  by just  scanning the titles of those works , too huge to start   . Fortunatey ,   the fact is , only small part of  it is worthy of  intensive  reading . Yet the problem is still there  , even  the so-called  'small part'  is ,  still a huge volume too big to digest  ,  not to mention the reality  that no more than  1% of them are translated   into English.

I will    select and translate some of them, and post here  , hoping  that some other people will follow. Based on my previous trial in initializing discussion on  women alchemy on this forum , I tell myself that I should not expect too much...anyway,   who know what will happen in the future  as more and more people know the Chinese language ?

Due to  the lack of  time and  capability ,   I can only try those short  , yet widely recognised as important ones , to start .

Edited by exorcist_1699
  • Like 6

However, for those  Western readers who are interested in what the Chinese Taoism really says in its  2500-year history, .....  . Fortunatey ,   the fact is , only small part of  it is worthy of  reading .  

yeah

Daozang (道蔵), the  collection of nearly all Chinese  Taoist writings, is a  strange cultural achievement ; it is something  wonderful , something unique  for  most of its content are  about those principles , things and   practical steps  that if  people read, believe and follow  , they will be granted the special privileges , different from their fellows, to live  in this world endlessly , not just in spiritual sense , but also  in physical sense.  

However, for those  Western readers who are interested in what the Chinese Taoism really says in its  2500-year history, Daozang is something , even  by just  scanning the titles of those works , too huge to start   . Fortunatey ,   the fact is , only small part of  it is worthy of  reading . Yet the problem is still there  , even  the so-called  'small part'  is ,  still a huge volume too big to digest  ,  not to mention the reality  that no more than  1% of them are translated   into English.

I will    select and translate some of them, and post here  , hoping  that some other people will follow. Based on my previous trial in initializing discussion on  women alchemy on this forum , I tell myself that I should not expect too much...anyway,   who know what will happen in the future  as more and more people know the Chinese language ?

Due to  the lack of  time and  capability ,   I can only try those short  , yet widely recognised as important ones , to start .

Thanks exorcist_1699, I am glad to see that the vastness of your Rén (仁) still includes us poor stragglers/strugglers here on the Dao Bums.

Thanks exorcist_1699, I am glad to see that the vastness of your Rén (仁) still includes us poor stragglers/strugglers here on the Dao Bums.

Thanks.  In fact, part of the reasons that I do it  is to  practice my classical Chinese- to-English translation skills , not  for kindness , you overestimate me   :P

Edited by exorcist_1699