133 replies to this topic

#129 Taomeow

Taomeow

Dao Bum

• The Dao Bums
  • Pip
  • 6872 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 04:21 PM

What if they just misprinted the name in the past with berenstein, didn't care to change it ,and later on re-printed with the berenstain name?

That wouldn't be worthy of a thread.  But no, that's not what happened.  The change is retroactive.  I.e. people who had those books, say, stashed away in the attic from way back in their childhood, climbed up to that attic, or alternatively descended into the basement, and discovered the new spelling on the old books, different from the old spelling they remember on those same books.  Thousands of people. 

• Kar3n said thanks for this
>^..^<

#130 Deltrus

Deltrus

Dao Bum

• The Dao Bums
  • Pip
  • 40 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 07:53 PM

Deleted since I'm unsure

Edited by Deltrus, Yesterday, 04:29 PM.

#131 silent thunder

silent thunder

Oneironaut

• The Dao Bums
  • Pip
  • 3144 posts
  • Interests:Rain, Nature, Qi Gong, Nei Gong, Meditation, Kung Fu, Camping, Photography, Sacred Geometry, Lucid Dreaming, OBE's, Solfeggio Harmonics, Cymatics, Humorous Stuff...

Posted Yesterday, 12:09 AM

I was watching 2001 A Space Odyssey again recently and got distracted and missed my favorite line in the film, the line Dave delivers just as he's about to enter the monolith field in Jupiter orbit.

So I started the scene over and realized, I didn't miss it.  He didn't say it.  Not in this film.

"...my god... it's full of stars!"  was never said in that film.  Was it always this way? 

I did a search and some say it was never said in the first film, that it is a line from the sequel 2010, and is part of a recording the command team listens to at the start of the film as they get mission briefing...  but this really doesn't jive with my memory.

rewatched it a couple times as I tried to reconcile my memory of it and the reality that the line was not said on that dvd...

anyone else?

• Taomeow said thanks for this

Not one raindrop has ever fallen in the wrong spot... there are no accidents.

Everything I Love and Everything I Hate come from the Same Source.

I don't believe everything I think.

stop glorifying busy

#132 Fangshi

Fangshi

Dao Bum

• The Dao Bums
  • Pip
  • 46 posts

Posted Yesterday, 12:48 AM

That wouldn't be worthy of a thread.  But no, that's not what happened.  The change is retroactive.  I.e. people who had those books, say, stashed away in the attic from way back in their childhood, climbed up to that attic, or alternatively descended into the basement, and discovered the new spelling on the old books, different from the old spelling they remember on those same books.  Thousands of people.

If that is true, then that is seriously messed up, haha.

Edited by Fangshi, Yesterday, 12:50 AM.

#133 Brian

Brian

He's a very naughty boy!

• Steward+
  • Pip
  • 8497 posts

Posted Yesterday, 03:41 AM

If that is true, then that is seriously messed up, haha.

Hence this thread...
"Bright blue his jacket is, and his boots are yellow."

#134 Taomeow

Taomeow

Dao Bum

• The Dao Bums
  • Pip
  • 6872 posts

Posted Yesterday, 07:59 AM

I was watching 2001 A Space Odyssey again recently and got distracted and missed my favorite line in the film, the line Dave delivers just as he's about to enter the monolith field in Jupiter orbit.

So I started the scene over and realized, I didn't miss it.  He didn't say it.  Not in this film.

"...my god... it's full of stars!"  was never said in that film.  Was it always this way? 

I did a search and some say it was never said in the first film, that it is a line from the sequel 2010, and is part of a recording the command team listens to at the start of the film as they get mission briefing...  but this really doesn't jive with my memory.

rewatched it a couple times as I tried to reconcile my memory of it and the reality that the line was not said on that dvd...

anyone else?

No way!! The line is not there anymore?.. 

I am not even sure I ever saw the sequel -- if I did, it wasn't memorable.  Not only do I know the line from the original, but we used to joke all the time using it -- when our cat had six kittens, we would walk into the room and make those incredulous Dave eyes and exclaim, "My god...  it's full of cats!"   

• silent thunder said thanks for this
>^..^<

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users