MooNiNite

Wang Liping Low Level?

Hi MoonNiNite,

At your level of clarity, I would trust your own instincts.  With any true master one can feel the energy/light flowing from their being. Even if you don't consciously access it, you will know deep down.  Just focus on his website or picture, see if it feels right to you. Trust yourself.

Best,

Jeff

• Like 3

I had a psychic friend of mine do a reading on Wang Liping, he basically told me that he was of low attainment. This astonished me. But my friend has been quite accurate about myself and others in the past. 

So now im curious, who has witnessed his abilities?

I understand people pay 4,000$ for a seminar but do they witness anything extraordinary?

Beyond his descriptive autobiography, what qualifies him as a high level teacher?

Thank you,

Moon

Well first off we shouldn't base any beliefs on what some "psychic" thinks.

Second off, we don't really know what level Liping is at. We have no real evidence that he is anything more than a faker. If he's not a faker then we still have no idea what level he is at. According to his students he is at Chang's level or higher. He may not claim that however. It's hard to tell.

Demonstrations of power can be a double edged sword.  (I assume) A good conman/magician performs better, faster and more spectacularly then a master.   On the other side, demonstrating 'powers' brings too much attention from the wrong sort of people.  I'm not even talking government spooks as much as kids who hold powers above enlightenment.  Not that there necessarily contradictory.

I've pointed out one master on youtube having to do a few tries to light up a diode.  A good magician can wave his hand and light up a building, a light bulb would be considered amateur level in stage magic.  So as always caveat emptor.  Best to have recommendations from someone with experience that you trust.

True. Either a strong testimony from a trusted friend or solid evidence presented by skeptics who tested the individual under controlled conditions. I've experienced neither of those two with Liping so I doubt his alleged high level.

Edited by KenBrace

True. Either a strong testimony from a trusted friend or solid evidence presented by skeptics who tested the individual under controlled conditions. I've experienced neither of those two with Liping so I doubt his alleged high level.

There's a third way, lots of impressed people.  I've seen enough written about him from various sources that its more then likely he's damn good.  Personally I've never bought into the walk through walls, levitate and whatever stuff.  But the Tao, enlightenment, transcendence, being whole, remembering where the car is parked.  A person who has attained these things doesn't need to entertain with circus acts.  And thats closer to what I'm aiming at.   

I assume it's insulting to say, show me some magic or I'm going to clinically test you to a visiting master.  You talk to the people around them, see how they are, how grounded.  Watch the guy meditate, get a feeling for there wah.  I've had success talking to some high level people just by being respectful and buying them a cup of coffee. 

Frankly its foolish to think they'll give us a magic formula that'll do much or that going to a seminar will take us to some high level.  That is a matter (Imo) of decades of diligent training and a certain amount of grace. 

• Like 6

There's a third way, lots of impressed people.  I've seen enough written about him from various sources that its more then likely he's damn good. 

Well not necessarily. Did Jesus really have superpowers? What about Muhammad? The buddha? Is Peter Popoff legit because many people are impressed?

West meets East

West grabs everything it can -- loot, spoils, freebies

West disparages everything it failed to steal

One of those threads.  They are always the same. 

Spiritual colonialism.  High-attainment imperialism. 

• Like 10

West meets East

lol. you do realize a lot of people lie when it comes to attainments. Even those in the east? not sure if geographical location is a determining factor for human tendencies. 

especially when money is involved.

Edited by MooNiNite
  • Like 2

If anyone in this thread had the spiritual clarity of Wang Liping, no one would have ever have started a thread with this topic. No one. :)

he wrote an entire book about supernatural abilities :/

• Like 1

Well not necessarily. Did Jesus really have superpowers? What about Muhammad? The buddha? Is Peter Popoff legit because many people are impressed?

yes jesus had abilities and he displayed them quite openly....VERY openly. 

There's a third way, lots of impressed people.  I've seen enough written about him from various sources that its more then likely he's damn good.  Personally I've never bought into the walk through walls, levitate and whatever stuff.  But the Tao, enlightenment, transcendence, being whole, remembering where the car is parked.  A person who has attained these things doesn't need to entertain with circus acts.  And thats closer to what I'm aiming at.   

I assume it's insulting to say, show me some magic or I'm going to clinically test you to a visiting master.  You talk to the people around them, see how they are, how grounded.  Watch the guy meditate, get a feeling for there wah.  I've had success talking to some high level people just by being respectful and buying them a cup of coffee. 

Frankly its foolish to think they'll give us a magic formula that'll do much or that going to a seminar will take us to some high level.  That is a matter (Imo) of decades of diligent training and a certain amount of grace. 

i would agree with you, but these seminars are over $4,000.

Jiang Feng displayes his abilities openly and does seminars for FREE.

it seems that money isnt an important aspect for Jiang Feng, but more the enlightenment of the planet, and healing/assisting who ever he can. Not setting up monetary barriers. 

• Like 1

i think this thread is over though, its not going anywhere.

Wang Liping has been like an idol for me for the past 4 years, but i can still question. 

I dont blame Liping for not trying to be a YouTube superstar either. 

lol. you do realize a lot of people lie when it comes to attainments. Even those in the east? not sure if geographical location is a determining factor for human tendencies. 

Yes, I realize that people lie, however master Wang Liping primarily taught and teachers the Chinese in China -- recent exposure of Westerners was the outcome of much begging.  Western non-students have nothing whatsoever to base any personal opinions on -- and collecting or generating rumors and insinuations does not strike me as an advanced practice or a reliable pathway into one.  Whereas with his Chinese and Western students, master Wang has zero debunking rate -- and in the case of the former, he's taught thousands and some of them have known him for decades. 

Oh, and your psychic friend is full of shit, speaking of 'lying when it comes to attainment."  The technique he uses is Cold Reading, I can see it clearly in my crystal ball (I have a bit of "attainment" myself, if I say so myself.)   Look it up, you could learn this over the weekend -- throw in some NLP and you will be as psychic as your friend and can go around devaluing "attainment" of any master whose name happens to have been mentioned.  Great fun. 

• Like 7

Exactly. Most people lie about (or are deluded about) their spiritual attainments.

Exactly. Most people lie about (or are deluded about) their spiritual attainments.

im sure you know this but they have entire organizations in india entirely dedicated to finding false gurus lol

• Like 1

im sure you know this but they have entire organizations in india entirely dedicated to finding false gurus lol

Wouldn't doubt it for a second. Spiritual fakes are everywhere.

Allowing some students to interview you and publish a bio isn't the same as writing an autobiography.
The instruction manual he wrote is about practices, not abilities.

And all the stories of abilities I've encountered are directly related to teaching his students, and helping his students. My favorite is when he asked people not to record a seminar and they did anyway, only to find their tapes blank. They come to him to complain about their broken equipment, and he shows that it works just fine. Some ability, that...

I think we'd all do well to remember the idea of superior power and inferior power. Any power that is used intentionally with some contrived purpose is inferior, so I'd think twice about studying under anyone who is easily aroused into showing off. Those who know, don't speak, those who speak, don't know.

MooNiNite, sounds to me like you want to go but are annoyed at the price. That's a lot of money, but on par with many vacation retreats (albeit with those you get room and board). With such a high reputation, and with China setting the price, it isn't surprising. People are lucky to have him come to the USA. Personally I think people would gain more long term benefit from studying regularly with someone, but everyone has their own path. If he was that much of an idol to you then perhaps you're just struggling with the need to let go.

• Like 5

yes jesus had abilities and he displayed them quite openly....VERY openly. 

Leaving us with decades of confused dogma that has reshaped the face of the world.

When power is demonstrated so clearly that someone builds up a godly reputation, all types become drawn to that power, and many will attempt to take it for themselves. The truth becomes buried, and those who seek the teachings of the lost master only find the lies, and the misinformation is disseminated for centuries because of the power contained within that original seed.

So masters be warned - take care with what you build up, for who knows what will be left behind.

• Like 3

West meets East

Indeed...appropriate the knowledge. Discard the source...and if you can't appropriate, discredit it, so more shit can be sold in its place.

• Like 5

And many of these organizations are full of crap themselves. They have imbeciles who claim to be skeptics and scientific, but you won't be able to find an iota of genuine intelligence or scientific temperament in them with an electron microscope :D

• Like 6

For everything that is built up, someone is waiting to tear it down.

Hence LaoZi urging us to be as water, ever humble.

Hence ZhuangZi pointing out how the tree that becomes old is the one that appears useless to all who appear seeking value in it.

Much can be done without having a name to attach it to.

• Like 2

I read the WLP's book and it struck me as a book about gong. So many discuss magic or whatever from the book but I've seen very few comments on how much gong should be "attained" to get something worthy.

If you want to attend his 10 days intensive you'd better ask yourself whether you are ready for gong.

• Like 9

Dam

Wherefore art thou taking words spoken in jest out of context to dam them? 

Dam returned thrice, Purple Rose Seal.  

Edited by Taomeow
  • Like 1