Sign in to follow this  
C T

Can Karma be Changed... How? -- Tan Chade Meng

I enjoyed and learnt something from this presentation. Hope you will too :)

• Like 1

Karma can be altered in a teacher student relationship, it can be put on hold so to speak as a student is given latitude to play with energy and expand to the point of exaggerated fluxuations - a greater latitude can be given to the student in dealing with this newfound growth while to an extent karma is not doled out or it is much less.

It is also at this time that much Karma can be met with.

One can also change the course of how ones life is or was to unfold.

The law of accident can be removed / ascended.

Many relationships to karma can be and will be altered because of the results of "conscious" effort.

Karma can also be incurred by letting another being take over your body - you can incur the karma it creates while in your body.

Edited by Spotless
  • Like 1

Karma can also take a dramatic ju.mp as one learns powers without the proper understanding of them and the required refinement in discipline and clarity.

On this there is no sanctity in ignorance - black arts get you deeply indebted quickly - meddling with others without their clear permission is a federal offense - it matters not a whit if you think you are doing them good - meddling in their affairs with higher powers is not a good thing to do. If you do it with malice or out of anger - you will regret it far more than you know.

Edited by Spotless
  • Like 1

Karma is a medieval form of crowd control. I don't understand why people still believe this stuff.

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2015/01/these-are-the-12-worst-ideas-religion-has-unleashed-on-the-world/

Karma – Like hell, the concept of karma offers a selfish incentive for good behavior—it’ll come back at you later—but it has enormous costs. Chief among these is a tremendous weight of cultural passivity in the face of harm and suffering. Secondarily, the idea of karmasanctifies the broad human practice of blaming the victim. If what goes around comes around, then the disabled child or cancer patient or untouchable poor (or the hungry rabbit or mangy dog) must have done something in either this life or a past one to bring their position on themselves.

Edited by ralis

Karma is a medieval form of crowd control. I don't understand why people still believe this stuff.

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2015/01/these-are-the-12-worst-ideas-religion-has-unleashed-on-the-world/

I don't know how you can't believe in karma!!!

Cause and effect...

For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction..

Karma is in the essence of Buddism, and every other major teaching. It arises from grasping.

The subconscious, or alaya is like a giant sponge that 'remembers everything'. It is like a big rubber band. The harder an event is pressed into it, the more powerful it is when it rebounds out.

Nothing like hearing scholars trying to discount karma... If they would practice and knew some of their previous lives they would have a clearer understanding.

Granted, philosophical concepts have been used throughout history to control people and probably will be for eons. That does not make the truth of karma any less valid.

I think people don't understand or know all the rules when it comes to karma. For example, there is group karma. You take on the karma of the people you associate with or are with at the time. One house burns down and many people die because they were in the house.

As ye sew, so shall ye reap.

In one of my past lives I was an alcoholic abuser. That is why I have a revulsion to drinking or abusing people. In another past life, I was a miserly rich farmer who hid his money at the bottom of the well. That is why I am overly generous in this life..

Karma, unlike ethics, is neutral, that is, it does not belong in the realm of ethics or moral judgements because those morals and ethics are mind made. If you fire a gun, the bullet will land somewhere. Whether or not the event was good or bad depends on the observing mind and conceptual renderings, and needs an observing mind to render judgement. Karma is the action of the bullet leaving the gun and landing somewhere.

Karma is at the basis of everything, every relationship between objects, energy and matter. And since everything is some form of energy in motion, even thoughts aren't exempt from karma (cause and effect). Even the formless is not exempt from karma.

You can't isolate karma and say that it belongs to one "religion" or philosophical teaching.

Karma is very complex. It is not like tic tac toe. It is more like chess, with millions of factors coming into fruition at one time, repeatedly and relentlessly.

Karma is also key in dependent origination.

The only thing that has no karma is mother clear light because she has no alaya. But we, sons of clear light, will have karma so long as we remain in ignorance and delusion and grasp at everything.

• Like 1

So called Karma is a complex and often badly misunderstood concept. Usually it ties in with a dualistic view of Good and Evil and is not that different from Christian notions of being rewarded or punished for one's deeds after the present life, although the reward or punishment happens in another physical existence. Such concepts (which you find in every religion) are designed to shape and control societies rather than being founded in true spirituality. Or let's say, they are a distortion of true spirituality.

The underlying truth being that the individual soul, as well as the Universe at large, are heading toward a more evolved state or Telos. An individual's attitudes and their consequent actions may or may not be in line with that purpose. If not, they lead to undesirable results for the individual, reflecting their (relatively speaking) mistaken attitudes and beliefs. The physical world is a mirror for the evolving entity. The entity is a co-creator in the making.

Insight that leads the individual back on their track can alter those destructive attitudes at any stage and therefore eradicate "Karma". Where there is no longer a cause, the effect vanishes as well. The notion that we reap what we have sown in past lives is based on the fact that individuals often carry their beliefs and attitudes from one incarnation to another where they will continue to have detrimental effects. So it is not necessarily the case that in the next incarnation, we will be opposite to how we have been previously, although this is possible if we choose a different path in or in between our physical incarnations.

A detrimental or "karmic" attitude can indeed be one of guilt - or auto-aggression - which is as destructive as aggression toward others (and is often the cause for the latter). The usual ideas about Karma don't take this into account at all but focus on how the individual affects their outer environment. They are, as I have said before, designed to foster concepts of guilt and atonement.

Naturally, we are born into a certain environment, with particular physical and psychological traits. But these are not the result of any reward or punishment but of our soul choosing circumstances suitable for the particular issues that they want to work on in that incarnation, in accordance with their own evolution and the evolution of humanity, Earth, and the Universe.

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this