wu_wei

Stillness-Movement and Growth

I now get grabbed by the vibration throughout the day and begin nodding and circling along without even thinking. The energy is doing its thing constantly and all I have to do is the 1 hour sitting a day to keep it going strong, or as it seems, ever stronger.. Of course I do some GOT now and then as a supplement, but the sitting is what's really happening for me at the moment. This is the opposite of the situation in 2012, when sitting often felt like a bore and a chore. 

I sometimes slip into movements when talking to people (particularily movement around the Belt Channel). I used to be hard on myself when I would miss a sitting session, but those moments of stillness throughout the day really add up, and make the sitting feel natural when you do it. Cool to see you making progress. :)

• Like 2

Awesome!

Remember that the practices complement each other. Sitting, standing, GOT, etc.

Right now my favorite is doing standing S-M out in the sunny yard, moving about freely across the lawn. Sort of like a dodgy clumsy tai chi dance sometimes, led by more or less flowing hand gestures, then when the intensity rises, some shaking and grooving of the hips. Time flies when doing this, an hour can be a pretty short time, and it's also giving something to the neighbors to marvel (or shake their heads) at!

• Like 3

I feel the shamanist side of this practice is most strongly expressed in the standing S-M outdoors, where one can grow more sensitive to heaven and earth Qi and the way they "play". Spiraling heaviness alternates with soaring lightness, one is rooted in the other. 

Edited by Sonhoffman
  • Like 1

The Shamanistic side is definitely what drew me to this system and sets it apart from a good deal of the others.

With the "Spirit of the thing itself" as the true teacher and guide, you can't go wrong and it makes for a very fluid and dynamic non-linear system.

Each practice a new experience! That reminds me of something.... some call it Life?

• Like 1

Anyone interested in  learning this neigong practice can join us in Colorado Oct 13,14,15 Details at www.qigongamerica.com

We will cover Gift of the Tao 1,2,3,4  Movement practices, Stillness-Movement, and one will be performing Wai Qi Liao Fa "Healing with External Energy" - Qi Manipulation - by the end of the workshop. Also taught is the Chinese Taoist Neuro-Energetic Chi Kung Therapeutics method of achieving homeostasis for others.

• Like 3