traveling cloud

• The Dao Bums
  • Pip
  • 7655 posts
  • Interests:Nature, elixirs, trees, herbs,flowers, weeds, harmony
    Spiritual Taoism

Posted 22 December 2014 - 04:22 PM

z

Edited by zerostao, 20 February 2015 - 08:54 PM.

• Taomeow, Formless Tao and Silent Answers said thanks for this
live like an immortal
i am a brother to dragons and a companion of owls
powered by aufheben

#2 Chang

Chang

Journeyman

• The Dao Bums
  • Pip
  • 3472 posts
  • Interests:Tai Chi, Kung Fu, Qigong, Meditation, good books, good music and Fishing.

Posted 23 December 2014 - 12:02 AM

"And ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars: see that ye be not troubled: for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet."

Matthew 24;6

• Daeluin, bubbles, Vanir Thunder Dojo Tan and 2 others said thanks
Myself when young did eagerly frequent doctor and saint,
and heard great argument about it and about:
but evermore came out by the same door as in I went.
Omar Khayyam

#3 soaring crane

soaring crane

Ready, set, don't go!

• The Dao Bums
  • Pip
  • 5283 posts
  • Interests:Zhan Zhuang
    Fan Huan Gong

Posted 23 December 2014 - 12:28 AM

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”

(comic sans seems especially appropriate)

• Taomeow, Apech, Vanir Thunder Dojo Tan and 3 others said thanks
~~~ TheDàoBums' Three Foundations: Eclectic, Egalitarian, Civil ~~~

~~~ "We are each an experiment of one" -- George Sheehan ~~~

~~~ “People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day.” ― A.A. Milne, Winnie-the-Pooh ~~~

~~~ “When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the Universe.” ― John Muir ~~~

#4 soaring crane

soaring crane

Ready, set, don't go!

• The Dao Bums
  • Pip
  • 5283 posts
    Fan Huan Gong

Posted 23 December 2014 - 12:30 AM

here in the usa, actually avoid the direct consequences of the madness this time around?

probably, yes.

~~~ “People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day.” ― A.A. Milne, Winnie-the-Pooh ~~~

~~~ “When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the Universe.” ― John Muir ~~~

#5 Marblehead

Marblehead

The Wondering Taoist

• Steward+
  • Pip
  • 36131 posts
  • Interests:Short Skirts and Bikinis

Posted 23 December 2014 - 01:49 AM

What an inspiring and uplifting thread!

No need to worry about the future 'cause you ain't got none.

Well, sure, all things that have any form of life will one day die.  That is one of the principle of Tao.

I'm not ready yet so Y'all go ahead on without me.

• soaring crane, bubbles, Chang and 3 others said thanks

I reserve the right to be wrong.

YIN-YANG.jpg I reserve the right to change my mind. Anarchy4.jpg

Peace & Contentment!

#6 soaring crane

soaring crane

Ready, set, don't go!

• The Dao Bums
  • Pip
  • 5283 posts
    Fan Huan Gong

Posted 23 December 2014 - 03:21 AM

Merry Christmas, Marblehead :-)

• Marblehead and bubbles said thanks for this

#7 Marblehead

Marblehead

The Wondering Taoist

• Steward+
  • Pip
  • 36131 posts
  • Interests:Short Skirts and Bikinis

Posted 23 December 2014 - 07:29 AM

Merry Christmas, Marblehead :-)

That was jut funny for me when I read it.  Thanks!!!

I accept "Merry Christmas" and generally return it with "Happy Holidays".

• soaring crane said thanks for this

I reserve the right to be wrong.

YIN-YANG.jpg I reserve the right to change my mind. Anarchy4.jpg

Peace & Contentment!

#8 joeblast

joeblast

Dao Bum

• The Dao Bums
  • Pip
  • 8329 posts

Posted 23 December 2014 - 09:13 AM

Whydowehavewars2.jpg

• Taomeow, Apech, zerostao and 4 others said thanks

#9 soaring crane

soaring crane

Ready, set, don't go!

• The Dao Bums
  • Pip
  • 5283 posts
    Fan Huan Gong

Posted 23 December 2014 - 09:25 AM

That was jut funny for me when I read it.  Thanks!!!

well, then, Mission Accomplished :-)

• Marblehead said thanks for this

#10 Chang

Chang

Journeyman

• The Dao Bums
  • Pip
  • 3472 posts
  • Interests:Tai Chi, Kung Fu, Qigong, Meditation, good books, good music and Fishing.

Posted 23 December 2014 - 09:37 AM

• Brian said thanks for this
Myself when young did eagerly frequent doctor and saint,
and heard great argument about it and about:
but evermore came out by the same door as in I went.
Omar Khayyam

#11 thelerner

thelerner

Been here long enough to know better

• Concierge
  • Pip
  • 9770 posts
  • Interests:Getting Closer to Fine
    W/out going too Crazy

Posted 23 December 2014 - 10:44 AM

Zerotao, you do recognize we had over 110,000 active troops fighting 5 years ago and now its about a tenth as much.  If you don't recognize progress, and only negative headlines enter your awareness you're going to see the world in a very dark lopsided way.  If you have dire predictions of WW III now, what would you have thought living in past decades?  I suspect you'd assume WWIII next month regularly. 

To be honest, in terms of scope, whats going on the Middle East is relatively small compared to what went on in the past.  In actuality we're in a relatively peaceful time, versus past decades.   Like violence, we hear about it more, but the statistics are its been on steady decline but unless you go beyond headlines, its hard to see it.   

• soaring crane, Aetherous, Neophyte and 2 others said thanks
Push hard to get better, become smarter, grow your devotion to the truth, fuel your commitment to beauty, refine your emotional intelligence, hone your dreams, negotiate with your shadow, cure your ignorance, shed your pettiness, heighten your drive to look for the best in people, and soften your heart. A creed from Pronoia

Where we have stopped dancing, singing, being enchanted by stories, or finding comfort in silence is where we have experience the loss of soul. Dancing, singing, storytelling, and silence are the four universal healing salves. ~ Gabrielle Roth

#12 joeblast

joeblast

Dao Bum

• The Dao Bums
  • Pip
  • 8329 posts

Posted 23 December 2014 - 11:06 AM

that's a wonderful equivalence, it aint so bad :rolleyes:

to be honest, in terms of scope, the most relevant data is the most hidden.  is it any wonder people have a hell of a time putting together correct picture of what's going on in the world today?

when they can put things that defy the laws of physics on the news and tell everyone a tall tale and almost everyone believes it...

• Taomeow, Ocean Form and Vanir Thunder Dojo Tan said thanks for this

#13 silent thunder

silent thunder

Oneironaut

• The Dao Bums
  • Pip
  • 3024 posts
  • Interests:Rain, Nature, Qi Gong, Nei Gong, Meditation, Kung Fu, Camping, Photography, Sacred Geometry, Lucid Dreaming, OBE's, Solfeggio Harmonics, Cymatics, Humorous Stuff...

Posted 23 December 2014 - 11:55 AM

Attached File  war is fucked.png   417.98KB   22 downloads

• Marblehead, Vanir Thunder Dojo Tan, CloudHands and 2 others said thanks
It seems I am part of something vast, while growing entirely from smaller things.

Not one raindrop has ever fallen in the wrong spot... there are no accidents.

Everything I Love and Everything I Hate come from the Same Source.

Ever present, never twice the same.
Always changing, never less than whole.

As Above, So Below: As Within, Without.

I don't believe everything I think.

stop glorifying busy

#14 Taomeow

Taomeow

Dao Bum

• The Dao Bums
  • Pip
  • 6734 posts

Posted 23 December 2014 - 01:10 PM

Zerotao, you do recognize we had over 110,000 active troops fighting 5 years ago and now its about a tenth as much.  If you don't recognize progress, and only negative headlines enter your awareness you're going to see the world in a very dark lopsided way.  If you have dire predictions of WW III now, what would you have thought living in past decades?  I suspect you'd assume WWIII next month regularly. 

To be honest, in terms of scope, whats going on the Middle East is relatively small compared to what went on in the past.  In actuality we're in a relatively peaceful time, versus past decades.   Like violence, we hear about it more, but the statistics are its been on steady decline but unless you go beyond headlines, its hard to see it.   

You are not up to speed on hybrid wars I'm afraid, or on network centric wars, or on any other modern developments which render counting troops on the ground laughable.  Read up on these, friend... 

I appreciate your drive toward optimism -- but you are invited to check out the thread in my PPF titled 2014: A War Odyssey, which might give you an idea of how hard it can be to be happy happy joy joy for anyone who pays close attention -- as I was throughout the year -- to the hidden rather than the demoed.  I know that zeros and joeblast did likewise, though not to the extent one would if it hit close to home.  You would pay attention and have a more accurate (at the expense of "less optimistic," alas) picture if 1,5 million refugees left where you are from in the course of one year, wouldn't you?.. 

Sigh.  We're just people, unlike our overlords.  We get a clue when it hits us on the head, and try to duck as much as possible for as long as we can trying to avoid it.  So, I'm not blaming the ostriches for hiding their head in the sand of socially encouraged optimism while exposing their butt to whatever comes to bite it unbeknown to them.  I'm just shuddering at the shock value of that clue sinking in someday out of the blue.  Frankly, I don't know which is worse, to see the Damoclean sword and watch its moves with trepidation, or not see it and have one's happy happy joy joy cut off unexpectedly, without a warning.  Not a real choice, of course.  But I still go with those who see it, because I'm after accuracy of reality perception, because I am of the opinion it's the only chance we have to do anything at all about it. 

• zerostao, Brian, Vanir Thunder Dojo Tan and 1 other said thanks
>^..^<

#15 joeblast

joeblast

Dao Bum

• The Dao Bums
  • Pip
  • 8329 posts

Posted 23 December 2014 - 02:38 PM

truly, the larger structures that exist in the world have left a bad taste in my mouth, for in searching for the truth of some matters, I was simply appalled at a lot of things I found out.  things that are indicative of very significant collusion on a great many world matters.  

once a certain level of information is obtained, there is no way possible to dismiss that too many things are sheer coincidence.  whether its the manipulation of the precious metals and commodities markets....you have heard of the LIBOR scandal, yes?  another conspiracy theory turned fact just like the fact that the US government knew about the pearl harbor attack and just let it happen, sentencing all those men to death, then classifying the information.

if TPTB want to invent something, they invent it - whether its fake countries, governments, agreements/accords, sham currency, false flag attacks, you name it, they do it.

I know for a lot of people, they dont want their worldview to end or even change significantly, so have a severe proclivity towards not believing such things since it necessarily compromises the security of their worldview - and let's face it, most of us like feeling safe and secure, even if such words arent the exact verbiage used.

so I can understand to an extent why people dont want to believe things like

Spoiler

so this is why I dont discuss these things much, for in times of great tragedy and perversion, calling a spade a spade and telling the truth is an offense if it contradicts the "official" story.

-georgous huxwell

Edited by joeblast, 23 December 2014 - 02:54 PM.

• Taomeow, zerostao and Vanir Thunder Dojo Tan said thanks for this

#16 soaring crane

soaring crane

Ready, set, don't go!

• The Dao Bums
  • Pip
  • 5283 posts
    Fan Huan Gong

Posted 23 December 2014 - 02:48 PM

Hey kids, Ukraine just (almost) joined NATO. Whoopee, we're all gonna die.

http://www.nytimes.c...-nato-vote.html

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ww3

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users