Sign in to follow this  
Source

Taoism has been kind to me

Hey,

Long story, short.

Tried 8 brochades randomly on youtube.

And had strong calming, and centering effects straight away.

After lurking on this forum, i narrowed it down to Ken Cohens, and Spring Forest Qigong as a next step.

(SPQ had way too strong effect on my body and emotions, so im waiting a bit after some scary moments :P)

I've had eczema and candida albicans issues since i was 2 years old which only got worse in time to severe social anxiety and neurosis, bells palsy (losing contact with half of my face), clogged sinuses and digestion issues. This stacked with a imbalanced family dynamic and some dark clouds, made my life feel worthless.

I am now about 3 months in of cultivation and practice everyday (Two 30 min sessions), and i have never been healthier, or remembering feeling better. After about a week in my practice, my body didnt want meat, so ive been a 'vegetarian' since then round about 2-3 months in.. This happened very naturally, and was effortless.

Have had a spiritual/occult inclination since i was a kid, and since then (now 28) ive tried Yogic/Buddhist practices, which did nothing for me compared to the Taoist systems, which i find deeply mystical and practical to say the least. Never had results like these.

Love it that this forum exists, and reading posts from people with experience both negative and positive.

Cheers

• Like 4

Hello Source, and welcome to the forums!

Glad to have you aboard. Thank you for the thorough intro, it's quite interesting and more than a little inspiring. Do I understand you correctly? Have you made so much progress with nothing more than following the instructions in that video? If so, that's pretty awesome :-)

I don't know where you live, but if it's anywhere remotely metropolitan, you should be able to find a few qigong groups within travelling distance. I suggest seeing what's out there and going for a few sessions with various teachers. The specific form is the least of the criteria, but an experienced teacher can expose you to profound, basic principles that really open up new dimensions of healing and strengthening.

Please take the time to read the two posts pinned at the top of this Welcome page and take a look at the forum terms and rules. This covers all you need to know when getting started.

For the first week you will be restricted to ten posts per day but after that you can post as much as you like. Also, until you’ve posted fifteen times in the forums, you’ll be a “Junior Bum” with somewhat restricted access and will be allowed only two private messages per day.

Good luck in your pursuits and best wishes to you,

SC and the TTB team

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Special Note: all female members are more than welcome to join the discussions at our new

Women’s Cultivation forum, moderated by rainbowvein and zanshin

Glad to have you aboard. Thank you for the thorough intro, it's quite interesting and more than a little inspiring. Do I understand you correctly? Have you made so much progress with nothing more than following the instructions in that video? If so, that's pretty awesome :-)

I started with the youtube video for about 2 weeks +, then moved on to Ken Cohens stuff. Tried to step up two Spring Forest Qigong, but gave me a few days of discomfort (diarrhea, strong shifts in body feeling etc). So now im currently doing some exercises from Damo Mitchell's book Philosophical Art of Change + Cohen's Healing sounds, Marrow Cleansing etc.

Mind you i am intermittent fasting everyday (4 hour eating window) , which could work well with deep breathing i would imagine.

Sign in to follow this