Cameron

Kunlun Level 1

Hehe...it's Trunk.

I would love to get him to go to the Level 1 workshop also but he is already in deep with another lineage and other stuff.

I have been having alot of cool stuff energetically just from doing the practice from the book alone the last 3 days.

It feels deeply balancing to me. Alot of qi stuff seems to be happening. So I would reccomend the book even if you can't make the workshop.

Cam

I have been having alot of cool stuff energetically just from doing the practice from the book alone the last 3 days.

It feels deeply balancing to me. Alot of qi stuff seems to be happening. So I would reccomend the book even if you can't make the workshop.

Cam

Okay Cam, you are really motivating me to begin practicing :P. Very impressive that you are seeing such signifigant results without meeting Sifu Max. Hopefully I can start tomorrow and compare notes.

So I would reccomend the book even if you can't make the workshop.

Cheers Cam, you deserve a commision for all your efforts B)

I've placed my order for the book, just went for the normal shiping option so I don't expect I'll be able to join in for a month or so ....

So don't post any spoilers :)

Have Fun

Okay Cam, you are really motivating me to begin practicing :P. Very impressive that you are seeing such signifigant results without meeting Sifu Max. Hopefully I can start tomorrow and compare notes.

I don't know much, if anything about this whole transmission thing, but it might be that Cam is getting results since he's already plugged into the whole Dao thing. He's already interacted with an enlightened being or two and looked into his own experience while with them.

For me, if there is any truth to this practice beyond more experiences, and more seeking, then it is a way of tricking us into stepping into the Dao and staying there. I can't say. And there's nothing saying that a person with sincerity can't use untruth as the gate to truth. There is no other gate.

Also, maybe we've bumped into an enlightened being or two without realizing it... who knows? maybe we all got the transmission without even realizing it.... what a crazy idea. I am very thankful for experiences I have have had and continue to have with a being who points to the truth of us all. However, my first four teachers, are:

1.Everything

2.Everyone

3.Nothing

4.No one.

The list varies a bit in order, from time to time.

Edited by Todd

Hey Todd,

I know you have studied some Ken Cohen standing meditation stuff so easy comparison.

My experience with Level 1 Kunlun has been just like standing AMPLIFIED.

Or I should say..the energy appears to be of a higher quality but SORT OF similar.

There just seems to be like a higher vibration to it or something.

It is very sweet...just buy the book..resistance is futile :)

Edited by Cameron

:D We never know where truth will lead. :lol:

No doubt but congratulations on your 100th post and becoming an "official" TaoBum!

Ok, i recieved the book today, i was happy to find that the level one posture is what i have also in my own systems and other stuff he is doing. Kind of confirms my training and i will give his med a go for the hell of it!

I have a question for level 2 using the Gim Jee (sword fingers). What is its purpose and its it used for when developed in max's tradition?

regards

WYG

I asked Matra68 if the first 100 days of Kunlun 1 can be combined with other qigong practices since I am doing a 3 day workshop with another Taoist Master in November.

He hasn't responded yet but my guess is it's porbably best to stick to the Kunlun for the first months .As far as the sexual practice as far as I can tell Lama Dorje's advice in the book is the same as what Mantak Chia teaches, basically draw the energy up.

I've noticed something peculiar happening to me, and I'm wondering if it might be related to this whole Kunlun thing. Am signed up for the seminar, got the book, but haven't actually tried any of the meditations yet. Here's the thing: I'm happy for no reason in a way that feels oddly spiritual. Could it be that my spirit is picking up on the energy in advance, or am I just an especially wacky guy?

He hasn't responded yet but my guess is it's porbably best to stick to the Kunlun for the first months .As far as the sexual practice as far as I can tell Lama Dorje's advice in the book is the same as what Mantak Chia teaches, basically draw the energy up.

Thanks Cam.

Agreed it's probably best to just do the Kunlun, but I once read that to miss a day of Chi Gung is like missing 10 days of practice! I'll be sticking with my chi gungs as long as I don't start to notice problems. I really don't thnik they will be any issues as there is no explicit direction of energy along pathways in the Chi Gungs that I do. I find I progress very slowly with these things so I expect to be doing level 1 for at least 6 mts

I've noticed something peculiar happening to me, and I'm wondering if it might be related to this whole Kunlun thing. Am signed up for the seminar, got the book, but haven't actually tried any of the meditations yet. Here's the thing: I'm happy for no reason in a way that feels oddly spiritual. Could it be that my spirit is picking up on the energy in advance, or am I just an especially wacky guy?

:blink: You are just wacky :lol:

Actually I heard about a theory once on a TV show in the '90's, I think it was called Memonic Resonance.

It states that because person A has thought about subjext X its easier for person B to understand subject X even though person A & B can be on other sides of the world and have way to contact or communicate with each other.

So perhaps we ARE making the world a better place B)

I've noticed this before. It's like some part of us doesn't care what order time happens in and that part is one that changes at retreats and seminars.

Though we're close to autumn equinox, too. That might help (and will doubtless make the coming weekend more intense).

I've been following the kunlun/max threads, and am waiting for the book and visiting the site. I feel the energy connection with it growing through our collective focus, too.

feels good.

I'm expecting it to be stronger after y'all have done the w/e.

I've read something to that effect in quantum physics. A photon can either time travel or anticipate a physicist's desires thousands of years before the birth of the physicist.

Who knows. Our Max says that seeing big Max in person isn't necessary to tap into the energy.

Got my book (from Lulu) yesterday. Just opened it. I'll start digging into it today.

Phoenix in November would be fantastic. So close to Taos. Hope we get the details asap and we get good get reports from the seminar. In the books introduction it does state the "one hour = hundred years", Then goes onto to say training a couple of weeks and nothing happening. Which is fine, normal. You don't want to treat practice like a street drug.

If its only bliss and you still kick the dog and worry about the Worrisome then its not worth it. Its a distraction. Same thing about making a T-shirt smoke by pointing at it. Healing oneself and others is imperative, replicating a 99 cent lighter is low level optional to me.

Michael

Our Max says that seeing big Max in person isn't necessary to tap into the energy.

Your Max is also saying it's only possible if you're open and receptive enough.

So I got my book. Question for Mantra68, are the eyes open or closed in the level one position and the sitting meditation afterwards?

Thanks!

If its only bliss and you still kick the dog and worry about the Worrisome then its not worth it. Its a distraction. Same thing about making a T-shirt smoke by pointing at it. Healing oneself and others is imperative, replicating a 99 cent lighter is low level optional to me.

Michael

That's got to be the most profound thing I've read all week :P