Horus

5 Element Tree Qigong (a la Longmen Pai)

So, Wang was trained in Tree Qigong by his three buddies...

Does anyone have (or know of, or can list themselves) any other resources that lists or expounds into Trees by the 5 Elements/Phases ie which trees are what Element/Phase (in the context of the below excerpt from Opening the Dragon Gate, p42)?:

treeqigong1.jpg

treeqigong2.jpg

treeqigong3.jpg

treeqigong4.jpg

treeqigong5.jpg

PS:I'm particularly interested in Australian Natives...

Eucalypt

Wattle

Melaleuca

Grevillia

Banksia

Bottlebrush (Callistemon)

Fig

Palm

Blackboy

(http://www.oznativeplants.com/A-Z/common.html)

Feel free to list any tree you know by its Element/Phase.

:P

• Like 6

Wood - liver - pine - green - east

Fire - heart - paulownia - red - south

Earth - spleen/stomach - willow - yellow - center

Metal - lung - aspen - white - west

Water - kidney - cedar - black - north

Edited by Andrei
  • Like 6

Does anyone have (or know of, or can list themselves) any other resources that lists or expounds into Trees by the 5 Elements/Phases ie which trees are what Element/Phase (in the context of the below excerpt from Opening the Dragon Gate, p42)?:

PS:I'm particularly interested in Australian Natives...

Eucalypt

Wattle

Melaleuca

Grevillia

Banksia

Bottlebrush (Callistemon)

Fig

Palm

Blackboy

(http://www.oznativeplants.com/A-Z/common.html)

Feel free to list any tree you know by its Element/Phase.

:P

Pine trees - liver (wood) function

Apple or Phoenix (Chinese Parasol?) trees - heart (fire) function

Willow trees - spleen (earth) function

Poplar trees - lung (metal) function

Cypress trees - kidney (water) function.

Of course, these are just some common trees, especially in China. But unfortunately, I don't think there is a more comprehensive listing of the far greater variety of trees that are out there, especially in other countries...

Do note that many different trees are actually related from the same "family" or grouping. This could help a bit in elemental classification. For example:

Moraceae - Includes both Figs & Mulberries

Populus - Includes Poplar, Aspen & Cottonwood

• Like 2

There are a few listed in the tables in 'Ling Bao Tong Zhi Neng Nei Gong Shu' but don't have it to hand at the moment though....

ok, thanks. My copy is ordered and should be here in the next week, I'll suss it out. :)

• Like 1

Sure they were more than just "buddies." In Chinese culture a teacher is more than a teacher, he is like your father and he should be treated with the utmost respect. This is something that Westerners must learn when learning directly from a Chinese lineage.

Australia:

Water

Willow. They are invasive tree species in Australia though. Generally speaking, any tree growing near a freshwater creek would be classified as a 'water element' one.

Wood (coniferous family):

http://www.anbg.gov.au/gardens/visiting/exploring/walks/conifers/introduction.html

Fire

Eucalyptus. Plentiful in Australia.

Earth

Queensland ebony

Metal

White birch, Southern beech

Edited by Gerard
  • Like 3

Mmmm, yes the Aussie larikin within is often hard to keep there :)

But, please don't take it as a sign of lack of respect. Not to be underestimated is the respect inferred between buddies and diggers alike Downunder...http://goo.gl/vPuARS

Great inclusion with these trees - thank you muchly :D

Sure they were more than just "buddies." In Chinese culture a teacher is more than a teacher, he is like your father and he should be treated with the utmost respect. This is something that Westerners must learn when learning directly from a Chinese lineage.

Australia:

Water

Willow. They are invasive tree species in Australia though. Generally speaking, any tree growing near a freshwater creek would be classified as a 'water element' one.

Wood (coniferous family):

http://www.anbg.gov.au/gardens/visiting/exploring/walks/conifers/introduction.html

Fire

Eucalyptus. Plentiful in Australia.

Earth

Queensland ebony

Metal

White birch, Southern beech

So, Eucalyptus as Fire.

I've been working with a number of Eucalyptus varieties and feel that Fire fits with Red Iron Bark (Eucalyptus sideroxylon):

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2055/2196716494_2da6800ae5_m.jpg

I can feel the Fire markedly with these babies...

But when it comes to Scribbly Gums (Eucalyptus haemastoma) and Ghost Gums (Corymbia aparrerinja) - I feel a balance of Metal and Wood in there and am trying to tell myself its Fire...

So, in the reference above he talks about "Base Colour" - and to me the base colour of these guys is white with some green...

And the big ones feel very Metal to me...

http://www.dryadmusings.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/Squiggly-Gum-Forest.jpg

https://c1.staticflickr.com/9/8085/8407753444_9a961589fd_z.jpg

Trees are ruled by the wood element, even though some species have components of other elements which shape the dominant element; i.e. fire over wood or metal over wood. You'll still feel the effect in your elemental organs: wood and gallbladder.

Now if you really want to feel the full benefit on a particular element then you need to bring on other elemental beings: freshwater creeks, the ocean, large boulders, caves, the desert, etc. Practicing near them will deliver greater benefit than working with a particular tree; i.e. you can't heal your kidneys by working with a willow but near a waterfall you certainly will.

Hope this extra information clarifies a bit about what is really involved when working directly with trees as somehow relying on what is translated from a Chinese source, especially when a lot of Wang Liping's training material wasn't included in a book. This shows that books have a specific purpose: illustrate. They are not meant to replace directly supervised instruction.

• Like 3

Thanks Gerard.

I've deduced that myself, the bit about other elemental energies.

I guess its a good segue to how I use books...

So, I learned about the element and tree exercises from trees themselves, and they showed me that I can do it with everything - just that all things have different intensities and balances of elements (and other energies).

Then I read Opening the Dragon Gate (having already been working with trees for about 12 months or so) and have started to work directly with the element organ energies and body energies with particular trees.

Then when doing my walking meditations my spirit guides suggested I "work with the breath and connecting to the most potent source of each element on the planet one by one with the creation cycle". I said, "what, you mean imagine I'm there at that place?". They said, "No, just know that you are there, you are the earth and the earth's grid and yours are one".

So I let go of knowing what "site/energy" I'm exchanging with, and just focus on each organ/element/breath exchange, and intending that higher self will shape the exchange to be with the "highest" possible point of exchange with each breath cycle.

Then I started seeing flashes of the locations of each energy as I progress through the creation cycle - a flash of Tall Timbered Trees in Lebanon, the deep south Louisiana Bayou etc

The feeling from this is a different kind of deep. Up close and personal has more power, but they (guides) tell me that this is just for now, that "in time" there will be no restrictions on time and space as I see it now.

So, there's reading books and then there is reading books.

For me books, spirit guides, past life remembrance, and gems like you on TTB and other forums are my teachers, but practice is my greatest teacher.

Unless an appropriate physical teacher comes along that will work remotely with me...I can't see that changing just yet.

So, do you think that the white gums are possibly (Wood Governed) Fire with Metal then?

I feel that Metal is imbalanced for me so I get a little cloudy on the distinction there....

You are welcome. Possibly they are: white colour > metal. I haven't payed too much attention to that so can't really tell you about the fire influence on that particular tree. What's your birth date? If for instance you were born under a double metal influence (1980) you need to pay extra attention to your liver as that excess metal places a great burden on your liver, hence focus on the mother (kidney) in order to nourish the son (liver) without unbalancing metal knowing the metal itself gives birth to the kidney element. So that person would greatly benefit from living near a water source and meditation practice rather placing great emphasis on external physical exercise (yang > fire).

Edited by Gerard
  • Like 2

You are welcome. Possibly they are: white colour > metal. I haven't payed too much attention to that so can't really tell you about the fire influence on that particular tree. What's your birth date? If for instance you were born under a double metal influence (1980) you need to pay extra attention to your liver as that excess metal places a great burden on your liver, hence focus on the mother (kidney) in order to nourish the son (liver) without unbalancing metal knowing the metal itself gives birth to the kidney element. So that person would greatly benefit from living near a water source and meditation practice rather placing great emphasis on external physical exercise (yang > fire).

:)

Edited by Horus

Yes, it is water (kidney element) that will unblock your acquired mind. Water is the element that flows and opens up all the blockages in your energetic body, it is a very slow and painful process unfortunately, depending on how far you have advanced in your 'journey.' No shortcuts though.

Focus on water this year since it is a wood horse (wood feeding fire), and more so if living in the southern hemisphere and in a country like Australia (extremely yang!). In addition to that, one must be careful if born under a fire or earth sign (horse, rooster, dog).

Edited by Gerard
  • Like 1

Yes, it is water (kidney element) that will unblock your acquired mind. Water is the element that flows and opens up all the blockages in your energetic body, it is a very slow and painful process unfortunately, depending on how far you have advanced in your 'journey.' No shortcuts though.

Focus on water this year since it is a wood horse (wood feeding fire), and more so if living in the southern hemisphere and in a country like Australia (extremely yang!). In addition to that, one must be careful if born under a fire or earth sign (horse, rooster, dog).

Amen to that!

• Like 2

Yes, water trees seem to give the greatest peace for me, as do rooting exercises.

mmmm, very familiar with the pain you refer to (especially in lower jiao), hips and legs. But also middle jiao region.

As a child during the "acquisition" phase of said acquired mind/body I would cry convulsively for hours - sleepy muggle parents called them growing pains and would get quite angry that I wouldn't stop (much of it was their stuff I was taking for them).

In the fine words of Baron von Münchhausen, "Open the Gates!"

baron-muenchhausen-reitet-auf-kanonenkug

• Like 1

Can you suggest a Source/Bibliography for Planetary/Country based element correspondences and also "it is water (kidney element) that will unblock your acquired mind"?

What you've said here is becoming very apparent Gerard.

Interesting correspondences list on Australian Flowering Trees from http://ausflowers.com.au/Articles-Acupuncture-Meridian-Correspondences-of-Australian-Bush-Flower-Essences

Banksia Robur Si, Co Billy Goat Plum Ht, St, Bl Black-Eyed Susan Sp, Bl Boronia Co, Si Bottlebrush Sp,Lu, Bl Bluebell Sp, Lu, Bl Bush Fuchsia Sp, St, PC, Bl Bush Gardenia Co, PC, Si Bush Iris Sp, St, Liv, Ki Crowea Sp, Si Dagger Hakea PC, Bl Dog Rose Ht, Co, PC Five Corners Ht, Lu, Bl Flannel Flower St, PC Fringed Violet Co, Liv, PC, Si Grey Spider Flower Ht, Co, Liv Hibbertia St, Ki Illawarra Flame Tree Ki Ispopogon Sp, Lu, PC, Si Jacaranda Sp, Ki Little Flannel Flower GB, Si Mountain Devil Lu, PC Mulla Mulla Lu, Liv Old Man Banksia Ht, Liv, 3H, Ki Paw Paw St, PC Peach-flowered Tea-tree PC Philotheca Si Red Lily Ht, Co, Ki Red Grevillea SP, GB She Oak Sp 3H, Bl Slender Rice Flower Si, St, GB, Bl Spinifex Sp, GB Sturt Desert Pea Co, GB, Bl Sturt Desert Rose Si Sundew Si, GB Sunshine Wattle Lu, 3H, Bl Tall Yellow Top PC Turkey Bush Co, Ki Waratah SP Wedding Bush Si, Sp, 3H Wisteria St, GB, Bl Wild Potato Bush Ht, Lu

Can you suggest a Source/Bibliography for Planetary/Country based element correspondences and also "it is water (kidney element) that will unblock your acquired mind"?

What you've said here is becoming very apparent Gerard.

your heels shining yet? :D

• Like 1

Ha! Alas, not yet.

Humming, popping, and singing as we speak though B)

Nearly got the right kidney water slide cranking last night though...anyone know a silver plate salesman? :ninja:

• Like 1