opendao

DaoDe

• The Dao Bums
  • Pip
  • 916 posts
  • Interests:Yu Xian Pai, Wu-Liu Pai, Internal Alchemy Neidan, ancient Daoism

Posted 13 November 2016 - 07:04 PM

Apeiron&Peiron

Hmm. Well, the back-and-forth comments aside, I am still wondering how the methods work.

They have been described as balancing post-heaven in order to cultivate pre-heaven energy/resources. I thought that was what most forms of qigong/neigong had done. With the Taoist Yoga, we balance the post-heaven energy with the quick-fire methods that are meant to refine generative force by circulating it in the microcosmic orbit. There are a prescribed number of rotations that seem to have celestial significance.

Balance is the balance of Yin and Yang.

By the method you described, you can get an excess of Yang by means of exhausting the "generative force" Jing.

Such method is dangerous and have no relation to the alchemist "quick fire".

Daogong uses more gentle, natural approach, similar to Zhang Zhuan.

Granted, this will fill and stabilize the physical and post-heavenly level of functioning and does not constitute full transmutation. But, after this is established, there is also the selectively reversed cycling so as to purify with the slow fires. It is described as raising positive fire and lowering negative fire (these were generated during the microcosmic orbiting) and it works to further refine the post-heavenly so as to approach the pre-heavenly.

Taoist Yoga and Zhao Bichen tried to express so called "northern method" with some Buddhist additions. In Wu-Liu Pai such method is known, but the major way is so called "southern method " which has no relation to what you describe.

Now, I am slightly confused. It was described (by you) that Taoist Yoga will will burn pre-heavenly to preserve post-heavenly. I don't quite see how it burns pre-heavenly. Not unless the pre-heavenly is somehow engaged when "the light is turned around" and the gaze is inward. Then again, since this is done so that the faculty of the third eye can be used to move and refine the body's resources, I don't know what resources it might require in order to do what it does.

Any postheaven work needs preheaven to be spent. So if you want more postheaven work, you burn more preheaven. Like fuel.

But, all of this aside, if the alchemical methods of the Wuliu Pai are unique and unlike any of the other schools out there, how is the direct pre-heavenly cultivation engaged? Just going from the Taoist Yoga works (and the topical explanation that I had read), it doesn't seem like it is that different.

This is the main secret of the southern, ancient method of the alchemy: those who know it progress fast and relatively easy, while the method partially described in Taoist Yoga is considered to be slow and hard.

There are no public texts about the ancient method, so basically there is nothing to compare.

Northern method is not unique and known in many various schools. So probably you read some texts about it and they have evident similarity with Zhao Bichen.

• Apeiron&Peiron said thanks for this
子之汤兮宛丘之上兮

#146 Ormus

Ormus

Dao Bum

• The Dao Bums
  • Pip
  • 168 posts

Posted 19 December 2016 - 06:08 AM

I think that the problem is that people here didnt recive much formation about WLP and YXP.Precisly stages of work,names of method and technics.No one ask for disclosure of secrets,but I think if schools can provide some basic sceleton how one got from preparation till finish this is to be great.And also what unique if any methods exsist in this schools.Like why and how they are diferent from Longmen Pai?

Daogong mentioned I see that it is new method like Qi Gong or Yang Sheng created by Dao De centar in Russia for preparation of western students and it is not part of preparation for WLP and YXP.So I hope there is reason why they introduced it at start.For new one this can be important but for those who practice Qi Gong and Nei Gong for years can be boring.

Antoher topic I see here is that members of this forum try to understand WLP from standpoint of Qianfeng Pai and Master Zhao Bi Chen.As we see this is of little help because in my opinion WLP changed from the time of Zhao Bi Chen.How it changed?I think Opendao say one crucial info that they have old method of Nanzong Pai(Souther school of Immortal Master Zhang Boduan) which included pair cultivation Yin Yang Shuang Xiu.This method as far as I know didnt belonged to Longmen Pai,nor Chan Buddhism nor WLP in the time of Zhao Bi Chen.And actualy this is the biggest secret of Nei Dan it is real old Ming Gong and Long Hu Bi Fa.

Ormus

• MIchael80 and SeekerOfHealing said thanks for this

#147 damdao

damdao

Dao Bum

• The Dao Bums
  • Pip
  • 212 posts
  • Interests:Daoism, Neidan (Yuxianpai, Wuliupai, Longmenpai, etc.), Qigong.

Posted 19 December 2016 - 06:42 AM

(...)

Daogong mentioned I see that it is new method like Qi Gong or Yang Sheng created by Dao De centar in Russia for preparation of western students and it is not part of preparation for WLP and YXP.So I hope there is reason why they introduced it at start.For new one this can be important but for those who practice Qi Gong and Nei Gong for years can be boring.

Antoher topic I see here is that members of this forum try to understand WLP from standpoint of Qianfeng Pai and Master Zhao Bi Chen.(...)

Ormus

Only a couple of comments.

Daogong is for all, not only westerners. It is practiced in order to clean the channles and balancing yin and yang. It is neigong. It is not boring if you have the righ teacher(s) because there are always details you need to correc in order to "attune" yourself correctly. Here is where the teacher and schoo (two essential elements in traditional daoism) plays a central role.

And yes, Qianfegpai is what some people uses to compare with. Not only WLP or YXP but Longmenpai too.

• YiYinYiYang and Arkady Shadursky said thanks for this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users