Brother_Thelonious

Can we practice/meditate/do significant energy work while working on other things?

why are you so attached to "your" body?

I'm not attached to my body. I simply wish for death to become a transition rather than the end. Death will be like moving out of an old house.

• Like 1

Good for this life but useless after your death.

I got my ideas about the afterlife from the one man on Earth that is extremely advanced and came forward to prove it.

. My greatest fear is that I will die before completing a high enough level to preserve myself after death.

Until I retire I will only be able to train during the weekends.

What?? You're not training daily now? And you don't plan to til you're in your 40's? That's hardcore man. That kind of 2 days a week dedication will really impress the higher ups. Trust me, when an experienced teachers hears about about you; a disciple so dedicated they'll train twice in the same week, they'll be beside themselves. In 20+ years from now you intend to train daily. Again, that will impress them.

While that puts you above fellow hardcore's like MPG who doesn't train at all in Mo Pai (according to his site) these days, you might want to consider daily training. Its generally recommended for anything you want to get good at.

• Like 3

(in some way, do you consider kosta's books as your bible and john chang as your prophet?)

lastly

Are you here to learn or lecture? Does it effect you when someone gives a John Chang quote (from Kosta book) saying all people end with God. Or does it just bounce off, impossible ,because it doesn't fit your preconception and you're not here to learn. Only to repeat a few lines over and over?

Ironically, I was wondering the samething, about Mr. KenBrace

Why he is even on my forum.

Seeking? or just Laughing?

What?? You're not training daily now? And you don't plan to til you're in your 40's? That's hardcore man. That kind of 2 days a week dedication will really impress the higher ups. Trust me, when an experienced teachers hears about about you; a disciple so dedicated they'll train twice in the same week, they'll be beside themselves. In 20+ years from now you intend to train daily. Again, that will impress them.

While that puts you above fellow hardcore's like MPG who doesn't train at all in Mo Pai (according to his site) these days, you might want to consider daily training. Its generally recommended for anything you want to get good at.

You can't do a days work and get a quality training session in all in the same day. In fact if you're like Chang a training session can last several days at a time. Boss isn't going to like it if you don't show up for 3 days. Best to work hard now and retire early so that I'm able to devote hours and days at a time for deep quality training. Twenty hours of training per week isn't bad especially when you consider the quality of training. Also I currently do and plan to continue daily meditation but it won't be the quality that I get when I can devote an entire day. When I say that I'll only be able to train on weekends I mean that I'll only be able to get QUALITY training on weekends. Edited by KenBrace

Ironically, I was wondering the samething, about Mr. KenBrace

Why he is even on my forum.

Seeking? or just Laughing?

I sort of joined your forum on a whim. Haven't actually been on it since I joined.

I got my ideas about the afterlife from the one man on Earth that is extremely advanced and came forward to prove it.

Let's suppose for the sake of argument that Chang has the abilities he claims to have (I am not interested in seeing the video yet again btw).

All that shows about mopai is that it results in those abilities. It says nothing about the accuracy of Chang's other views, it says nothing about whether or not mopai ends rebirth, it says nothing about whether or not there may be other systems that produce different abilities or none, which end rebirth anyway.

You're extrapolating way too far. If someone claims to be able to do X, Y and Z, and then they do X, that proves only that they can do X. They may be bullshitting or mistaken about Y and Z. There may be others who can do Y and Z but not X. There may be others who followed a different way to achieve X, Y and Z.

• Like 1

You can't do a days work and get a quality training session in all in the same day. In fact if you're like Chang a training session can last several days at a time. Boss isn't going to like it if you don't show up for 3 days. Best to work hard now and retire early so that I'm able to devote hours and days at a time for deep quality training. Twenty hours of training per week isn't bad especially when you consider the quality of training. Also I currently do and plan to continue daily meditation but it won't be the quality that I get when I can devote an entire day. When I say that I'll only be able to train on weekends I mean that I'll only be able to get QUALITY training on weekends.

I left a handprint on my forehead :lol: In my bestest deepestest times of cultivation, it was while putting in 40 hour weeks, but it was some time cultivating before work, a couple short breaks during, some time after, and then meditation before bed. That Chang can train for several days straight is rather useless to you. When your training time is marked in minutes or a couple hours, there's a whole lot of stuff you're NOT prevented from doing. How long do you think it takes to get immersed to such a level that one can actually perform a meditative practice for an entire day or more?? Without interruption! You'd best worry about now, lad. Retirement is quite a ways off unless you decide you are really serious and abandon this whole western life bullcrap.

• Like 6

I'm echoing joeblast here. When I'm working, I leave the house 5am and return home at 7pm. This makes time tight, but I wake up early enough to do a short form and some shaking in the morning. Many days I don't feel the need to eat at lunch so I'll take that 45 minute break to do another short form or sitting meditation on the jobsite.

Coming home at night allows ample time for another form or usually walking work.

In the end, it's about what you want to do with the time you've got.

• Like 2

deep sleep --> sleep --> borderline --> waking life -->more awake--> extreemly awake--> more extreemly awake--> ultra awake...

you think you can't be more awake or cristal clear there is always more to go.

When 1040p didn't exist nobody didn't had an idea what it looks like to have 1040p picture.

borderline is different its like dream, there's your picture is permanent(if that is the borderline everyone thinking it is?). Im rather thinking its absorbtion to 4th jhana where masters aer cultivating even for weeks, books tell that from there its possible to get the powers, and FUEL for doing powers, so you still are dependent on state.

but its different when you go the slow path, path of purity and knowledge, but its not slow takes only couple years but probably lifetime to get any knowledge about powers. Eventually there comes the point where you can get whats on 4th jahan on waking state.

Edited by allinone
  • Like 1

You can't do a days work and get a quality training session in all in the same day. In fact if you're like Chang a training session can last several days at a time. Boss isn't going to like it if you don't show up for 3 days. Best to work hard now and retire early so that I'm able to devote hours and days at a time for deep quality training. Twenty hours of training per week isn't bad especially when you consider the quality of training. Also I currently do and plan to continue daily meditation but it won't be the quality that I get when I can devote an entire day. When I say that I'll only be able to train on weekends I mean that I'll only be able to get QUALITY training on weekends.

Little and often beats a lot just now and again Ken so if you don't have a lot of time to cultivate during each day how about trying a cultivation that takes less time and that you can cultivate every day?

Baduanjin is very popular with busy people because it can be completed in a relatively short time.

Edited by GrandmasterP

My teacher said something that stuck with me.

Inertia is extremely important to practice.

Practice everyday.

Missing a day is like missing ten days.

• Like 4

When the breath fades
In Autumn shades
Does one sit silent
To admire the blaze?

When the sun light shines
And darkness fades
Is it the mind that sleeps
Or life that awakes ?

Is it butterflies one’s chase
Or the life one desires
Forgetting to realize
The breath’s on fire ?

When emotions play
And the mind goes astray
Does the moment fade
Or is it a life that’s erased ?

May be the questions
Are irrelevant to mind
Cause ones life is curtailed
To a ‘self’ righteous mind

And so the wind blows
Undaunted and Free
As one stands silent
The mind is set free

The problem here I see is that everyone has different definitions of these terms.

For some feeling a psi ball is significant, even if it is only placebo.

To others that is just silly.

Can you feel psi balls while washing the dishes? Sure I suppose you can.

Is that going to imbue you with any real abilities or put you on a path of real spiritual development?

In my opinion no it absolutely will not.

I think it really depends on your long term goals for practice.

What is it you are trying to accomplish?

Does feeling psi balls while washing dishes help you towards this goal?

No one here but you can answer those questions.

The humble practice of doing dishes. Can it imbue you with real abilities and put you on a path of real development. In my opinion absolutely.

Why don't we forget psi balls for a while and talk about reality and doing dishes.

If we want to discuss real, then how about masters we can meet and talk to, like in a Buddhist monastery. Some monasteries are very strict in limiting noise, even to the point of serving softer food so even chewing is quiet. Doing dishes takes particular skill in such an arena, every pick up and put down has the chance for a loud clink. Such an environment demands exquisite awareness and mind body coordination. Washing becomes akin to surgery done mindfully, efficiently and thriftily using as little water and detergent as possible.

We're not in a monastery but can we wash dishes with such care? Can we keep it from dipping into a mindlessness? Not easy.

There are other powerful aspects to it. At an ashram, a young woman with bright eyes asked if I would do the dishes. When I hesitated, she said never mind its too advanced. That was a burn, but I don't think it was meant to be. There were over 100 people eating, which meant 100's of dishes, an hour or two of work. I'd made friends, I wanted to talk to them, take a walk on the beach etc., Not do dishes.

The activities were all about entertaining myself. Me, me, me. There is a high spiritual aspect in forgetting the me, and doing work that needs to be done. There is a high spiritual aspect in stopping the notion of this is good activity, this is bad. Stop dividing the world and seeking entertainment; do the dishes, do them well. End the mind set of looking for better, looking for escape. Powerful stuff and a lesson I haven't internalized. (though I believe there is an important balance possible but we tend to lean too much towards Me-ism.)

What I'm saying is if the goal is cultivation; becoming a complete human being then Yes, washing dishes is a practice that can teach awareness, mind/body coordination and humility. If you have a seated practice where you create psi balls, then the qualities created and reinforced doing dishes properly will help you with that.

Life is a series of doing the dishes. If you want to attain spirituality understand its All Practice, do it mindfully. Want to improve your energy manipulation practices, work on perfecting your dish washing skills, its all connected.

and that is the simple, awesome yet ignored truth, its all connected.

• Like 4

The problem here I see is that everyone has different definitions of these terms.

For some feeling a psi ball is significant, even if it is only placebo.

To others that is just silly.

Can you feel psi balls while washing the dishes? Sure I suppose you can.

Is that going to imbue you with any real abilities or put you on a path of real spiritual development?

In my opinion no it absolutely will not.

I think it really depends on your long term goals for practice.

What is it you are trying to accomplish?

Does feeling psi balls while washing dishes help you towards this goal?

No one here but you can answer those questions.

I could hit you with a "placebo psi ball" and knock you down :P

Sorry, I shouldn't have fed into it.

My apologies TaoBums.

Edited by SonOfTheGods

I could hit you with a "placebo psi ball" and knock you down :P

I'd give you a doughnut...

;)

• Like 2

There are other powerful aspects to it. At an ashram, a young woman with bright eyes asked if I would do the dishes. When I hesitated, she said never mind its too advanced. That was a burn, but I don't think it was meant to be. There were over 100 people eating, which meant 100's of dishes, an hour or two of work. I'd made friends, I wanted to talk to them, take a walk on the beach etc., Not do dishes.

The activities were all about entertaining myself. Me, me, me.

Hm, yes, sometimes religious people are extremely direct in making you work for them.

I tended to visit some small temple room 'round here, and the person over there is so exhausted from the need of making everybody feel at home there, that she has become quite red in the face. And who are the guys who are the victim of complains and for the work to be done - well, me and another nice woman, who just recently appeared; not those guys that had been used to be given the familiar feeling for years.

I saw some ordained people being guest there, and bet whom I never saw do dishes or clean up the room afterwards. But looking down upon lay practicioners, not wasting a minute to think about the fact that I am a person with a job who'd really like to get rest somewhere, it is obviously easy to determine who'll do the dirty jobs. If you happen to have nice people around, why not abuse them for whatever they'll do for you.

Btw ... I'm not visiting that place anymore.

Actually you first have to learn meditation before being able to apply real mindfulness on anything else. Otherwise you're fooling yourself. And guess which part of that bill was not being taught in that very place.

Sometimes it's really just religion.

Edited by Yascra