TheExaltedRonin

According to Lao Tzu and Zhuangzi what should be our train of thought All the time?

For the "light beings" you're visiting every Sunday, you didn't use any terminology as far as I see.

But they are not Xian 

They are... but you don't know it because you have no direct experience.  

They are... but you don't know it because you have no direct experience.  

What if I do and it's not what you describe? Immortals-Xian don't teach what you teach. And they understand Dao De Jing, while you don't. So next what? You'll invent some story that Lao Zi revealed real meaning only for you, while all other Xian-Immortals are "common folks" and don't know what you know? Dawei, it's ridiculously funny, and you cannot even imagine how easy it's to check.... Before chasing light in dreams, meet at least one Immortal-Xian in reality. Then we'll continue our nice discussion. But I bet you won't need it after that.

What if I do and it's not what you describe? Immortals-Xian don't teach what you teach. And they understand Dao De Jing, while you don't. So next what? You'll invent some story that Lao Zi revealed real meaning only for you, while all other Xian-Immortals are "common folks" and don't know what you know? Dawei, it's ridiculously funny, and you cannot even imagine how easy it's to check.... Before chasing light in dreams, meet at least one Immortal-Xian in reality. Then we'll continue our nice discussion. But I bet you won't need it after that.

I asked before if you had any visitation... and you still have no experience to share.  Be well with your practice. 

I asked before if you had any visitation... and you still have no experience to share.  Be well with your practice. 

It's not something real Daoists share on forums. If you have it - discuss with your teacher and students sometimes, when it helps for their progress.... That's it. That's how it works in the tradition.

It's not something real Daoists share on forums. 

They got nothing.

Again logic problem: if USSR succeeded Russian Empire as a country, it means absolutely nothing about their ideology succession. Go to school, it's annoying to debunk your childish and infinitely aggressive arguing. And read something about the difference between communism in USSR, Orthodox church that were banned and prosecuted in USSR, then about Stalin and his impact (yes, church was prosecuted severely). Damn, sure this anonymous nobody knows the truth, while people learnt the history knows nothing. Buffoon. Your "opinions" about Neidan have the same value as your opinions about history. You just know absolutely nothing. Keep proving it after every post I make.

This is one solid stream of insults uninterrupted by any logical reasoning. Which is good, because it does demonstrate that these salesmen have nothing but insults to sell or otherwise. ;)

• Like 1

They got nothing.

This is one solid stream of insults uninterrupted by any logical reasoning. Which is good, because it does demonstrate that these salesmen have nothing but insults to sell or otherwise. ;)

uninterrupted rubbish you write, as usual.

fair enough. But to understand Lao Zi one needs to look at what was before. Because there was a lot of similarities, and it can help to understand Lao Zi a lot. Especially Chinese Etymology and historical texts about Huang Di.

Yes, I have been told this before.  And I accept it as good advice and then I ignore the advice.  The Nietzsche in me controls this aspect of my life.

Many disagreements going on, mostly because of definition of terms.  Happens all the time.

Just don't Y'all be messing with my Spirit of the Valley.  Okay?

TERMS COMMON TO ALL FOUR MAJOR TRADITIONS

"Dao

This term is often translated as “the Way,” but the increasing use of the Chinese term in contemporary English makes it better to leave the term untranslated. In ancient texts, the word Dao actually possesses a wide range of meanings.

The earliest known forms of the graph for Dao include elements showing a foot, a crossroads, and an eye decorated with an elaborate eyebrow, an element that represents the word shou : head. The head element may have served only to denote the phonetic  value of the word dao (the two words were related phonetically in Old Chinese), but the graph may also have been designed to convey semantic information, indicating an early use connected with magical incantations and dances performed by a shaman (a person able to communicate with the world of spirits) as he or she purified a pathway to be used in a religious procession. If so, then from this pathway connection, the word Dao derives its modern meaning of a path or way; from the formula of the dance, the word derives a meaning of “formula,” “method”; from the spoken element of the incantation, the word derives the meaning of “a teaching,” and also serves as a verb “to speak.”

Edited by flowing hands
  • Like 2

TERMS COMMON TO ALL FOUR MAJOR TRADITIONS

"Dao 道

This term is often translated as “the Way,” but the increasing use of the Chinese term in contemporary English makes it better to leave the term untranslated. In ancient texts, the word Dao actually possesses a wide range of meanings.

The earliest known forms of the graph for Dao include elements showing a foot, a crossroads, and an eye decorated with an elaborate eyebrow, an element that represents the word shou 首: head. The head element may have served only to denote the phonetic  value of the word dao (the two words were related phonetically in Old Chinese), but the graph may also have been designed to convey semantic information, indicating an early use connected with magical incantations and dances performed by a shaman (a person able to communicate with the world of spirits) as he or she purified a pathway to be used in a religious procession. If so, then from this pathway connection, the word Dao derives its modern meaning of a path or way; from the formula of the dance, the word derives a meaning of “formula,” “method”; from the spoken element of the incantation, the word derives the meaning of “a teaching,” and also serves as a verb “to speak.”

it might be but it was not, and such ideas don't help to understand Lao Zi and later tradition.

but at least no antlers any more, good... Maybe in 50 years we'll finally hear that there is no shaman connection as well?

Next reference is Al chuang-Liang Huang 'Embrace tiger return to mountain' book.

Calligraphy section; Al Huang explains about the radicals of the word Dao which clearly depict a shamans head and a foot.

This man is well respected Tai chi teacher. Haven't been able to copy the chapter, until I find it among all my clutter of books.

I am sure I can dig many more  :)

Calligraphy section; Al Huang explains about the radicals of the word Dao which clearly depict a shamans head and a foot.

And what is on a shaman's head?

And what is on a shaman's head?

I recall this discussion from many moons ago.  Many interpretations.  Some consensus but not much.  It is interesting to me though as I get to see others' views and understandings.

• Like 1