Sign in to follow this  
RiverSnake

Any Tao Bums in Idaho?

Once i finish massage school and get on my own and am financially stable, i am probably going to move to Idaho to be with the mountains and the potatoes. Was wondering if any Bums live up in that area or if anyone has an opinion on the state due to their experiences in the area?

My 2 cents, Peace

Edited by OldChi

You have family there, or just really like mountains and potatoes?

You could move to Iowa. We don't have any mountains, not so many potatoes either, but there's lots of corn! :)

Also, we're often confused with Idaho, so maybe the two are similar. I dunno, I've never been to Idaho.

• Like 1

What area of Idaho? I'm close to Idaho, lived there for a couple summers, and have visited a few places around the state.

What sort of things do you want to know about?

Moving specifically to Boise Idaho. Just wanted to know your impressions and experiences of the state. Anything that stood out to you.

My 2 cents, Peace

Edited by OldChi

You have family there, or just really like mountains and potatoes?

You could move to Iowa. We don't have any mountains, not so many potatoes either, but there's lots of corn! :)

Also, we're often confused with Idaho, so maybe the two are similar. I dunno, I've never been to Idaho.

Nope, no family up there. But maybe ill be able to coax them there as well. Just seemed like a groovy spot to hang. :)

My 2 cents, Peace

Edited by OldChi

Hi Oldchi,

As Greytowhite said it, Fivelementtao used to live in Boise, Idaho for years. He has moved to CA. You can still contact him and ask him what living there was like.

His website: http://www.spirittao.com/

Take care

Edited by bubbles
  • Like 2

Haven't been to Boise, except to fly out.

Idaho is, like most intermountain states, republican. Born and bred red, but with a good size influx of liberals. I've heard Boise has a cool downtown, and lots of mountain biking.

I like Idaho quite a bit. No car inspections or emissions (kind of good and bad), outdoorsy culture. Not coastal or all that hip, so nobody thinks they're really cool and gives attitude. Pretty down to earth, "here I am with no facade" kind of people.

Not sure if there are good breweries in Boise but you're surrounded by them on all sides once you're out this way.

A bit of the Mormon influence makes it up into Idaho, but that's usually pretty easy to ignore.

My states that I feel at home in these days are: Montana, Idaho, Wyoming and Utah. All similar landscape and cultures, each with their own unique twist. And to a certain extent they don't have the attitude that the "cooler" states have, where you have to peel back all these layers of slang and coolness before you get to the real person.

Edited by i am
  • Like 2

Hi Oldchi,

As Greytowhite said it, Fivelementtao used to live in Boise, Idaho for years. He has moved to CA. You can still contact him and ask him what living there was like.

His website: http://www.spirittao.com/

Take care

Thanks bubbles. Ill give him a ring.

Haven't been to Boise, except to fly out.

Idaho is, like most intermountain states, republican. Born and bred red, but with a good size influx of liberals. I've heard Boise has a cool downtown, and lots of mountain biking.

I like Idaho quite a bit. No car inspections or emissions (kind of good and bad), outdoorsy culture. Not coastal or all that hip, so nobody thinks they're really cool and gives attitude. Pretty down to earth, "here I am with no facade" kind of people.

Not sure if there are good breweries in Boise but you're surrounded by them on all sides once you're out this way.

A bit of the Mormon influence makes it up into Idaho, but that's usually pretty easy to ignore.

My states that I feel at home in these days are: Montana, Idaho, Wyoming and Utah. All similar landscape and cultures, each with their own unique twist. And to a certain extent they don't have the attitude that the "cooler" states have, where you have to peel back all these layers of slang and coolness before you get to the real person.

Awesomeness! Thanks for the insights. :)

My 2 cents, Peace

• Like 1

Originally from Oregon, went to college in Idaho, but not near Boise. I was up in Moscow in the Palouse area, lots of hills and farmland; nice place, but very rural, not much to do. Boise would probably be a little better in that aspect. I'm not sure how similar the two areas are, though, I've never been to Boise.

• Like 1

idaho is a great place love it there lived in mccall idaho for 9 years and boise idaho for 2 years. boise is a great place the have an amazing library system there and the people are not that bad. its a lot better than utah although most places are better than utah.

Been to Boise once. A little too provincial and small-town for my tastes. Used to live in Portland, OR which is more cosmopolitan but also crazy expensive now, at least compared to what it used to be. I don´t know for a fact, but I imagine it´s hard to beat Boise for outdoor adventure.

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this