Ask him how it is possible to heal myopia with meditation.

I mean... if you can set things on fire, a simple self-healing should be really simple, or not?

Ask him how much he charges for a healing session. Or is that also covered in the book?

I asked Popa how much are the pills, and how much it was to becom a student. Popa told me the price varied from person to person, and only Master Jiang can decide the price when he sees you. Since he is one of only a few in the world that can make the pills, and use this level of Qi to heal, he can basically name his price. It was also mentioned in the book how difficult it is to get the materials for the pills, and how much he has to pay for some of the ingrdients. To become a student and start taking some "inhancement" pills, it looks looks like it would be around $5,000 USD. He did just open a hospital in China, and is probably training doctors to use Qi as he does. As more of his doctors are able to do as he does, the price should drop.

• Like 1

From my perspective at least….showing powers does not necessarily make that person a spiritual master. It doesn't prove anything to me regarding someones spiritual standing.

My 2 cents, Peace

• Like 3

From my perspective at least….showing powers does not necessarily make that person a spiritual master. It doesn't prove anything to me regarding someones spiritual standing.

My 2 cents, Peace

That is not a question. I can ask him:

1. Does this training lead to spiritual development?

2. Do you need to practice controlling your emotions, and/or love and kindness to produce these abilities?

From my perspective they are not related, and that is a good thing. Sure it would be nice if body builders were taught how to act before going to the gym, but anyone can gain muscles no matter their mental state.

• Like 7

That is not a question. I can ask him:

1. Does this training lead to spiritual development?

2. Do you need to practice controlling your emotions, and/or love and kindness to produce these abilities?

From my perspective they are not related, and that is a good thing. Sure it would be nice if body builders were taught how to act before going to the gym, but anyone can gain muscles no matter their mental state.

Yeah. I guess a good question would be what does he feel the relationship between spiritual attainment and Sindhis are and what he feels is more Important and why.

My 2 cents, Peace

• Like 2

"...but anyone can gain muscles no matter their mental state..." By Charles

but it does matter or make a difference since "what is against Tao will soon cease to be* "

*TTC 30

• Like 1

Yeah. I guess a good question would be what does he feel the relationship between spiritual attainment and Sindhis are and what he feels is more Important and why. My 2 cents, Peace

I think asking a master to explain the relationship between spiritual attainment and siddhis is an excellent question. A true master can/will explain how and why they work. If one says they are not related or cannot explain it, then their clarity is very limited.

(edit - added can)

Edited by Jeff

I am not a true master, and my clarity is certainly limited.

But maybe a comment or two.

Before my event, at the very best one could say I was agnostic about "real" "super powers."

It wasn't even something I gave much consideration.

A little idle thought, perhaps.

But my revelation(s) directly concern the acquisition of "super powers."

In case you hadn't noticed.

Edited by Captain Mar-Vell

My 2 cents, Peace

What does make someone a spiritual master in your opinion?

What does make someone a spiritual master in your opinion?

Good question Dorian. I've heard there are monks in certain monasteries that are given appointments/titles according to how much powers they possess (they refer to it as 'charisma').

Of course, there have been Charismatic figures throughout history that have abused that power.

Bless you Dorian

:wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

Edited by chegg
  • Like 2

A Master wants a student as strongly as a student wants a Master.

I no longer want students, thanks.

- A Master is not allowed the privilege of dying until he passed on to a willing student his accumulation of Divine Wisdom.

I'm screwed... no wait a minute... hmmmm..... <grin>

Truly Sacred Masters, those who change civilizations, not only individuals or groups, do not need students.

Looking into this...

Divine Masters change planets and all that is on them. These Divine Masters never are without physical bodies unless they wish to be, for they can disassemble, transmute, change, and reassemble physical flesh.

Handy! :) Not sure I've met one of those.

Other Masters can send forth their Spiritual, or Radiant, Bodies and clothe them with flesh at any distance. But they cannot reassemble their own bodies. They use an energy to create anew, but cannot reassemble their own bodies."

I need this. To save on airfare :).

• Like 3

Chegg,

Until there is a need to know there is no need to know, besides really knowing carries a heavy price which is a lot more than we often know the cost will be!

• Like 2

I don't ask anything but just listen.

At Aikido seminars I used to be overly respectful. Certainly on the mat, but off the mat, maybe it was shyness or lack of confidence. We'd have the head of system in the U.S teaching a class and afterwards at a reception I wouldn't talk to them. A fellow student would and observing that I've grown to be a little bolder. Sometimes, maybe often once a teacher, even master gets off the podium, they're okay with friendly chatter.

Being an American there was a certain allowance due to ignorance that allowed us to break with some traditional formalities of old school hierarchical senseis and talk honestly and ofcourse respectfully to them. It was a worthwhile learning to become bold enough to converse with high level people person to person, within limits.

At the Sivananda Yoga Ashram last year I probably looked like an idiot going up to special master guru teacher who arrived on the same boat taxi I did and asked him if he did yoga. He said 'Yeah, oh yeah..' it was worthwhile later on because he'd leave right after early meditation thus avoiding the morning yoga session and walk to Starbucks and so did I. It made it easier to talk to fellow deserter.

Sometimes teachers want to let there hair down and instead of an existential question, its better to ask, how do you like your coffee?

Edited by thelerner
  • Like 3

I would respectfully ask,

1. In the first video, why does he hold one hand underneath the pile of pine needles so no one can really see what it's doing?

2. What is David Verdesi doing in the second video?

• Like 4

How do you know David Verdesi? It seems like he does not have that well of a reputation, on this forum.

I know people who know him personally, while I myself don't. I know that the people I know are trustworthy, and they assert he is not. Hence my question -- I'd be curious to hear from master Jiang what kind of association he has with master Jiang.

• Like 3

Why can't masters access the information of buried/lost Taoist scripts through their intuition or with their link to Universal Intelligence?

Explanation: I'm thinking of Wang Liping and his 3 teachers, all of exceptionally high attainment, yet they consider the informational discovery of lost Taoist texts as an event of magnificent import, as if they would not have been able to access its information in any other way.

Decades after developing True Breath, does it subside with reversion to normal breathing, or is it maintained permanently for the rest of one's life when one chooses?

• Like 1

I sort of understand :wacko: Are you referring to me giving out info in the way I did or are you referring to what the quote is actually trying to say.

A blessing 4 u

:wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

Well such material has a place but its also often projecting (and to whatever degree distracting) way, way out there about advanced steps when its not really needed until its needed. Do you remember karate kid - "wipe on wipe off"?

I would probably ask how come you charge more per hour for teaching than many people in your country make in a year....

(not very accessible that way, and leads one to suspect the videos as not being legit; notice how JC never charged).

• Like 4