Jax

Dzogchen "Direct Introduction" Videos

Is this direct introduction to your own delusion?

How much do you charge for introducing people to dzogchen(cough..cough...delusion) ?

I'm pretty sure there would have been a nicer way to say your opinions though.

*Wanders off to check some IPs*

• Like 1

Lineage is not listed.

Lineage means authorized to teach.

I cannot simply take on students, for example.

Scroll up, found it.

If you guys want to hear typical New Age Quantum Physics bullshit etc., Jax is your guy.

OK questioning is good, trashing on folks is not.

• Like 2

Lineage listed, thanks :).

OK so, 3 people say he's legit, 2 do not.

Difficult to tell on TTBs.

I guess it's more about whether the vids speak to each person or not...

PS Jax, feel free to acquire a PPF for your vids if at anytime you feel like posting them without folks tearing them/you apart.

Im not endorsing Jax. He may or may not be authentic, who knows for sure. So many claim to be 'authentic lineage holders' only to end up scandalizing themselves and their lineage.

I only spoke up (to Anderson) as a reminder to myself to be more aware of my own conduct and habits.

• Like 2

Not being a Dzogchenpa, I take the teachings for what they are. I've been through the first vid and it seems fairly straightforward. Samatha to calm the mind and awareness to see the illusory nature of thoughts. All sound basic stuff. I'll have to see what the other vids contain.

It seems to match what I've encountered in Dzogchen in terms of innate clarity vs mind.

Edited by yabyum24
  • Like 1

Your mate seems to be angry because jax is handing the sweets out to the whole playground, instead of keeping them in his pocket. Surely, that's not all there is to it?

Really?

There are free webcasts by ChNN all the time.

Wow.

So everyone has had their say (and I got to question lineage), how about we move this thread over to discussing the positive aspects of the information found in said videos? Anyone thinking of training with him has all the information they need, so no purpose in discussing whether he is legit or not in this thread....

how about we move this thread over to discussing the positive aspects of the information found in said videos?

Seems a good idea to me BKA. I liked what he said about the duality of the mind vs its innate nature and about how difficult it is to get beyond the "story-making" of self. That there is a split-second where we could recognize this but fail to do so.

The samatha exercise was standard stuff but I personally prefer the breath as an object, though visual phenomena like the sky, a body of water, fire and earth are also very good.

• Like 2

i would not say bad-repping someone is exactly a 'reputable' practice, would you?

He did it to himself.

Seriously , you've been around long enough - i think- to know that those people who know a thing or two about dzogchen disagree with the secular way he tries to present dzogchen divorced from tradition and transmission.

Don't you think though that jax is using modern context to present the same intrinsic truths? It doesn't seem to be a bad thing to use the tools at hand to get the job done?

Clinging and aversion happens to be a hard habit to dislodge. Thats why there is the Vinayas explaining moral precepts and ethical conduct. Unfortunately, many so-called dzogchenpas assume they can operate outside of moral codes and ethical considerations. Such individuals shoot at anything which does not fit into their circle of so-called 'respectable' (or divinely deluded) Dzogchen badgeholders.

These individuals fail to grasp even the most basic understanding and practice of the Brahmaviharas. Without this adherence to the basic tenets, what is said by these individuals is as good as blowing soap bubbles in the wind.

• Like 2

those people who know a thing or two about dzogchen disagree with the secular way he tries to present dzogchen divorced from tradition and transmission.

Now we're getting somewhere. Traditionalists disagree with the presentation of the primordial state which is not transmitted in the traditional manner they approve of?

There could be a valid point to be made there, as long as there is a rational reason behind it. So, why not tell us?

• Like 1

He did it to himself. Seriously , you've been around long enough - i think- to know that those people who know a thing or two about dzogchen disagree with the secular way he tries to present dzogchen divorced from tradition and transmission.

Knowing a thing or two is fine, thinking that just because one knows a thing or two suddenly validates/elevates one to judge others is not fine.

A true dzogchen practitioner means a truly open person. He or she rests in the centre and is not so much concerned with what happens around that. You have been around long enough ~ i think ~ to know this is the fundamental position of one who practices dzogchen.

• Like 2